• Marshawn

Votes: 112 52.8%
  • Rawls

Votes: 100 47.2%

• Total voters

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The answer is simple.

Start with Rawls, sprinkle in the Beast (including a few passes).

In the 3rd start using Lynch more and by the 4th continue to hammer them with Lynch.

Rawls lost some of his burst by the 4th today and normally 4th quarter is where Lynch starts wearing down teams.

Additionally the ability to spell each other is huge, but if we could stop pulling Rawls on passing downs so that everyone in the world knows it is a pass? That would be great.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Chawker":1x8f99l0 said:
Let me ask you a question, (with all due respect) but are you intentionally trying to put a wedge between a couple of our star players?
Rawls over the beast? really......really! Who are you. DUMBEST POLL "E-V-E-R"
I'm thinking tar and feathers.

Not cool. I didn't like how you recently got "tar and feathers" this week. It's a reasonably query and ok to be excited about Rawls given this is probably Lynch's last year. I'm with Lynch by the way

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
As of 1:15 AM, I know for sure there's at least 26 people on here who either a) are new fans with limited knowledge or b) are opposing fans or those who otherwise hate the Seahawks.

seahawksny

Reaction score
I can't believe this is even a question. He missed two games so all of a sudden we forget what he has done the last 5 years?

This post is almost as annoying as the prediction threads that say. "Lockett will score two tds"

How about going with what is PROVEN vs what IS NOT.

oh fyi. .......Kearse caught that first TD and not the all of a sudden .netter vote for mvp Tyler Lockett

Let's remember what got this team to this point before throwing that our the window

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
seahawksny":3rugwbel said:
I can't believe this is even a question. He missed two games so all of a sudden we forget what he has done the last 5 years?

This post is almost as annoying as the prediction threads that say. "Lockett will score two tds"

oh fyi. .......Kearse caught that first TD and not the all of a sudden .netter vote for mvp Tyler Lockett

Let's remember what got this team to this point before throwing that our the window

You are obviously missing the point with all that voted for Rawls. Lynch had 114 yards in 2 games this year. One game against the Rams (strong D) and one against GB (average D). With our terrible OL you really need a back to hit the hole quick or else your done in most instances. This is not Lynch. See games 1and 2 for proof.
Nobody is saying Lynch is worse than Rawls all they are saying is with what we have on our OL now, Rawls may be better suited to have more success.

Yes Lynch got us to this point. Absolutely. However 40% of our former OL is starting for the Jets now and 20% is starting for the Saints. Frankly 60% of our OL may be better DL then OL.

Optimus25

Reaction score
seahawksny":3pvijia2 said:

I think it's an extremely valid discussion and your point is moot regardless. What ''got this team here'' was finding diamonds in the rough, which allowed us to keep numerous pieces in place all at once. Remember at one point lynch was about as unproven for this team as rawls or Smith for that matter. It's a PROVEN reality that rawls is hitting holes faster than lynch as well.

Using your logic we shouldnt have ever got rid of trufant huh?. Even in his elder years when third string qbs were lighting up the secondary.

Threedee

Reaction score
Marshawn was making up for rushing totals with some good receiving yardage. If you get the opposing defense thinking Lynch on run plays and Jackson on passing plays, then you can really fool them with a big pass to Lynch.

Vetamur

Reaction score
seahawksny":2oewlas0 said:

You dont build around what got you here. Lynch is making 12 million at a position that has lost value.. if we can get 90% of the production of Lynch at 8% of the cost... then its an easy choice. No place for being sentimental.

Optimus25

Reaction score
seabowl":g7hkysq4 said:
Rocket":g7hkysq4 said:
BEAST... duh.
Until he has a shit the bed game.

114 yards in 2 games. 57 yards per game. Pretty shitty, no?

This is actually nearly identical to his last two games rushing vs Carolina coincidentally. I don't see some people's infatuation with the past.

Rawls is by FAR the hot hand, and if he puts up sixty yards next week he is doing everything lynch has vs Carolina.

samwize77

Reaction score
Beast. Do we now forget he's been the identity of this team from the moment he got here. You can say what you want about Rawls (and I really really like this guy) but Marshawn has set the tone. To me, part of what we saw yesterday, that attitude just wasn't there when we needed it. Marshawn has disappeared from time to time in the past then "The Beast" returns. The guy is coming off injuries now. Give the man a little time. His fire won't burn out THAT quickly. Just having ML on the field helps us. For awhile longer at least. And he's certainly earned it.

HawksHawksHawks

Reaction score
Rocket":3cmuewqh said:
BEAST... duh.
Until he has a shit the bed game.

He's had two. 15 for 41 @ Green Bay, and 5 for 14 vs. Chicago. I realize he got hurt in the second game, but he looked terrible week 2.

Rawls on the other hand has looked pretty good. Fast, hits the holes, busted off a huge run yesterday that Lynch hasn't even sniffed since last year at AZ.

Optimus25

Reaction score
samwize77":1qybvs52 said:
Beast. Do we now forget he's been the identity of this team from the moment he got here. You can say what you want about Rawls (and I really really like this guy) but Marshawn has set the tone. To me, part of what we saw yesterday, that attitude just wasn't there when we needed it. Marshawn has disappeared from time to time in the past then "The Beast" returns. The guy is coming off injuries now. Give the man a little time. His fire won't burn out THAT quickly. Just having ML on the field helps us. For awhile longer at least. And he's certainly earned it.

UMMM. If the team can't rally behind 169 yds and the first rushing td of the season, they have a much bigger problem than identity.

samwize77

Reaction score
Optimus25":28m5v6z6 said:
samwize77":28m5v6z6 said:

UMMM. If the team can't rally behind 169 yds and the first rushing td of the season, they have a much bigger problem than identity.

Oh, for sure I agree theres a much bigger problem. I'm just not ready to throw Beast under the bus just yet. He's been the best over-all rb (or very close to it) the last 3-4 years. Like I said, I really do like Rawls. The guy balls out for certain, and by all indications he's our future at that position. But given the choice at this point, I'd still start a healthy Lynch. That doesn't mean that Rawls wouldn't get his chances still. Why not get the best of both worlds? Teams don't have to game plan for Rawls yet, but they still have to for Beast.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Depends. Marshawn may not have the yards but do you wan't a tired defense in the 4th quarter?? Perhaps the seahawks don't have such a big lead but they get first downs and put away the game with a gassed defense. Tough question....

Optimus25

Reaction score
samwize77":zqtta12a said:
Optimus25":zqtta12a said:
samwize77":zqtta12a said:

Oh, for sure I agree theres a much bigger problem. I'm just not ready to throw Beast under the bus just yet. He's been the best over-all rb (or very close to it) the last 3-4 years. Like I said, I really do like Rawls. The guy balls out for certain, and by all indications he's our future at that position. But given the choice at this point, I'd still start a healthy Lynch. That doesn't mean that Rawls wouldn't get his chances still. Why not get the best of both worlds? Teams don't have to game plan for Rawls yet, but they still have to for Beast.

Agreed. Lynch would be great imo hitting a tired fourth quarter defense.