Votes: 112 52.8%
  • Rawls

Votes: 100 47.2%

• Total voters

seahawksny

Reaction score
Optimus25":kv3qkfkc said:
seahawksny":kv3qkfkc said:
I can't believe this is even a question. He missed two games so all of a sudden we forget what he has done the last 5 years?

This post is almost as annoying as the prediction threads that say. "Lockett will score two tds"

How about going with what is PROVEN vs what IS NOT.

oh fyi. .......Kearse caught that first TD and not the all of a sudden .netter vote for mvp Tyler Lockett

Let's remember what got this team to this point before throwing that our the window

I think it's an extremely valid discussion and your point is moot regardless. What ''got this team here'' was finding diamonds in the rough, which allowed us to keep numerous pieces in place all at once. Remember at one point lynch was about as unproven for this team as rawls or Smith for that matter. It's a PROVEN reality that rawls is hitting holes faster than lynch as well.

Using your logic we shouldnt have ever got rid of trufant huh?. Even in his elder years when third string qbs were lighting up the secondary.

Trufant on his best day is not to CBs what Lynch has been to RBs, and even if he was, we had enough games to view if he still had it or not.

Lynch, has had three games, playing on a banged up hamstring. I would think we would need to see more games out of him to see if he still has it

AceBoogie715

Reaction score
Chawker":34jwaxsz said:
Let me ask you a question, (with all due respect) but are you intentionally trying to put a wedge between a couple of our star players?
Rawls over the beast? really......really! Who are you. DUMBEST POLL "E-V-E-R"
I'm thinking tar and feathers.

:13:

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
AceBoogie715":6pn7rp1n said:
Chawker":6pn7rp1n said:
Let me ask you a question, (with all due respect) but are you intentionally trying to put a wedge between a couple of our star players?

:13:

Yet another person that doesn't get the argument for Rawls.

Laloosh

Reaction score
After the GB game, I thought Marshawn was looking pretty bad. Knowing he's been hurt, I tend to think that was the issue and not him being in decline. Will see soon enough I guess... I chose Marshawn.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
A healthy Beast take us where we need to go.Rawls ran for all those yards yet we lost.Beast wears a defense down and Rawls isn't Beast.

byau

Reaction score
Gotta start Marshawn. If you want to divide the locker room, then start Rawls. Otherwise, make it Marshawn's call. Heck not giving him the ball in SB 49 almost divided the entire team. Gotta go Marshawn.

From what you hear everyone on the team loves him. And he does what he can to encourage the other backs to get in the game too. Got to keep him as the top dog.

Rawls will get carries in the game to give Marshawn a break, and he'll get his day too. Plus it'll save some wear on that body the way he runs.

Yup, gotta go Marshawn.

stack55

Reaction score
Additionally the ability to spell each other is huge, but if we could stop pulling Rawls on passing downs so that everyone in the world knows it is a pass? That would be great.

Twisted husky

You are all over that one. I knew we were going to pass when Rawls went out.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
seabowl":1xyucx3a said:
SacHawk2.0":1xyucx3a said:
Even if Marshawn is healthy enough, he won't be completely healthy. Gotta go with Rawls. This kid looks like the future.

Marshawn not suited for this absolutely crappy OL. The only rb that works with the current line is one that hits the hole quick which is not Beast. Rawls much better fit at this moment.

Hey, remember back when we had those discussions 'round here about Marshawn vs. Shaun? And the primary point of emphasis for Marshawn was that he was the best in the league at running behind a crappy offensive line and Shaun couldn't because he'd just break tackles and steamroll forward through anything? Yeah, good times, those.

[youtube]BDOBejlx7Us[/youtube]

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Wow, c'mon man?

Rawls has had two good games, but doesn't make yardage when he has no blocking, Marshawn does when he's healthy.

Like Rawls a lot, he will undoubtedly make us forget Michael and Turbin. He is not yet 'Beastmode', built he's a solid backup who can be depended upon.

All in all no bit of blame for the defensive collapse can be put on Rawls, but Marshawn is the man for me.

themunn

Reaction score
The same Rawls that averaged 2.8 YPC against the Lions a week ago?

The same Lions that Cardinals RBs destroyed for 191 yards on just 21 carries two days ago?

Come on, he looks exciting for sure, but let's not go saying that after 2 games he's ready to replace a RB who has performed at a HoF level over the past 3 seasons.

The league is littered with Branden Olivers and Jonas Grays that have looked amazing for 1 or 2 games then faded away.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
I just don't see Marshawn moving the chains like he used to. I'm not saying he is not good by any measure however behind this OL he gets hit early and is not as effective. More Rawls please.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
There is a reason we dont develop decent running backs. We continue to relive beastquake even when he's fading.
It's early in the season and Lynch has already missed a game while stinking it up in others. We talk about the crappy line, a scared Wilson and our LOB that cant close out games.
A big problem is Lynch our OFFENSIVE IDENTITY that is suppose to be trucking over people late in games?
We cant maintain drives when we run for short yardage or losses consistently late in games.

mrt144

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1jztx12h said:
seabowl":1jztx12h said:
SacHawk2.0":1jztx12h said:
Even if Marshawn is healthy enough, he won't be completely healthy. Gotta go with Rawls. This kid looks like the future.

Marshawn not suited for this absolutely crappy OL. The only rb that works with the current line is one that hits the hole quick which is not Beast. Rawls much better fit at this moment.

Hey, remember back when we had those discussions 'round here about Marshawn vs. Shaun? And the primary point of emphasis for Marshawn was that he was the best in the league at running behind a crappy offensive line and Shaun couldn't because he'd just break tackles and steamroll forward through anything? Yeah, good times, those.

[youtube]BDOBejlx7Us[/youtube]

This line is that much worse

Laloosh

Reaction score
At this point in time, Lynch has 54 attempts and Rawls has 59.

Ez5LQVx

RKyVYtV

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":3mmx28lm said:

Ez5LQVx

RKyVYtV

If I'm reading this chart right, then Lynch has been stuffed roughly 30% of the time to Rawls' 10%...?

Laloosh

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1lkyefi0 said:
Laloosh":1lkyefi0 said:

Ez5LQVx

RKyVYtV

If I'm reading this chart right, then Lynch has been stuffed roughly 30% of the time to Rawls' 10%...?

Well, technically it's a stuff if it's behind the LoS. Which means Lynch is at 21.8% (12/54) and Rawls is at 6.8% (4/59) but I've shown all runs for zero or less as well as the total yardage for the player on those attempts.

Short version, Lynch is being stuffed a lot more often than Rawls at this point.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":7yhwvobt said:
OkieHawk":7yhwvobt said:
Well, technically it's a stuff if it's behind the LoS. Which means Lynch is at 21.8% (12/54) and Rawls is at 6.8% (4/59) but I've shown all runs for zero or less as well as the total yardage for the player on those attempts.

Short version, Lynch is being stuffed a lot more often than Rawls at this point.

So I wasn't far off then which makes me slightly irate that Pete doesn't throw in Rawls more. It really can't hurt at this point and I think that he'll do rather well behind this crap o-line.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Chawker":2elf2ell said:

You and the others that blasted me want to repeat your posts? DUMBEST POST EVER?

Apology accepted

jake206

Reaction score
Rawls is more a home run hitter than Beast. Beast is best at bodyblows. Like literally on every play, he will maul 6 guys on the opposing side. Rawls is more like a 2nd level runner. All things considered I would like to have both. But if Beast is healthy, I would like to keep him as long as possible.

Here's a question though, if teams start game-planning for Rawls aka 8 in a box, will Rawls still be as productive?