Marshawn Lynch steals fans hat when asked for an autograph

kobebryant

Reaction score
People who go through life looking to be offended will be offended. Others will laugh and move on.

mrt144

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3l4ynj9u said:
Exittium":3l4ynj9u said:
love what he did for us, but im really tired of the away/off field antics now.

And its not funny, no matter how "funny" people around him try and make it by laughing. Its tiresome, and its like he's a kid trying to just push buttons now to see how much he can get away with.

Clutch them pearls.

Till they turn to diamonds.

mrt144

Reaction score
Exittium":3a5qvz6f said:
Subzero717":3a5qvz6f said:
pehawk":3a5qvz6f said:
Exittium":3a5qvz6f said:

And its not funny, no matter how "funny" people around him try and make it by laughing. Its tiresome, and its like he's a kid trying to just push buttons now to see how much he can get away with.

Totally agree. Lynch acts like a thug and people are to afraid to discuss it honestly.

Like when he gave a kid at Mcdonalds $500?

For all we know he returned it signed.

So if give a kid at McDonalds 500$ as well and turn around and take some dudes piece of property its all good ? No, I believe for us that would be a trip in handcuffs, if not a court appearance of some kind.
In Lynch's entourage not one of them stopped to get the lady's name, info or anything, they all laughed and kept walking with their boy while everyone laughed at the lady and encouraged lynchs actions. .

Ps Finding a wallet and returning to somebody is completely different than giving them 500$ of your own money. He could have kept the wallet and nobody but himself would have known.

I'm not hating on him or bashing him, so some of you I feel need to relax (some of you guys get to jumpy or defensive when a player you love gets any negative spins). I said I appreciated what he's done with us. But it still doesn't make him a great guy to take someones belongings. He could have just kept walking.. Just like the TMZ incident, he could have kept walking.

No instead he is pressing buttons, seeing what he can get away with, no different than a child.

So you hate children? I mean, don't get me wrong, they are pretty terrible as humans to interact with and I decided that I didn't want that burden, but cmon.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Exittium":2ij6b5s1 said:

I can't speak for the next person, but I believe having a story about how ML took your hat is way cooler than just another signature.

But that's just me.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
LymonHawk":xqp1xh8n said:
Exittium":xqp1xh8n said:

I can't speak for the next person, but I believe having a story about how ML took your hat is way cooler than just another signature.

But that's just me.

I'd tell the shit outta that story. I'd approach random people and tell them about it.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
In hockey, they throw hats at players for feats of strength, so I see this as no big deal

nategreat

Reaction score
Put me in the "who cares" group. That's one way to get people to stop asking for autographs everywhere you go, and yeah, if you're the fan- that's a great story to tell people :lol:

kf3339

Reaction score
When you look at the video it doesn't look like he took the hat in anger, but more of a gag type of act. You also don't see the person getting upset at him, or trying to go after him in anger. So for all we know he returned it after this video ended and it may have well been signed by him.

I think for me the main thing is that you do silly things like that when you are a teenager, or maybe even in young adulthood. But at this point he should have grown out of it.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
kf3339":zx6bnlsc said:
But at this point he should have grown out of it.

That's the problem though, you think he should have grown out of it, but clearly he doesn't want to. Now, who's right in this situation?

FTR, I think people start acting older than they should, myself included at times. We should be having fun like this at any age, as long as it isn't harmful to another through actual theft or physical harm.

Largent80

Reaction score
Maybe ML took the hat to turn it into a viable LT for the Hawks.

It can spin as fast as any of them.

Basis4day

Reaction score
kf3339":3hw3si2o said:
When you look at the video it doesn't look like he took the hat in anger, but more of a gag type of act. You also don't see the person getting upset at him, or trying to go after him in anger. So for all we know he returned it after this video ended and it may have well been signed by him.

I think for me the main thing is that you do silly things like that when you are a teenager, or maybe even in young adulthood. But at this point he should have grown out of it.

He did get photographed in the Hat later. Much ado about nothing. I think it's funny.

CelD5PxWEAYXtZQ

Subzero717

Reaction score
ivotuk":1hi9h80o said:
peachesenregalia":1hi9h80o said:
Largent80":1hi9h80o said:
Somewhere....somebody cares.

I'm outraged at your lack of outrage.

This right here folks. Much ado about nothing because we don't even know the whole story.
No way man. We are going to jump to conclusions and all get on our high horses.

mrt144

Reaction score
Largent80":2tqxglfu said:
Maybe ML took the hat to turn it into a viable LT for the Hawks.

It can spin as fast as any of them.

:lol:

These OL jokes will never get old to me. Ever.

AVL

Reaction score
Apologist apologizing....

Setting up his legacy, one hat at a time.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Subzero717":3qz9n62z said:
ivotuk":3qz9n62z said:
peachesenregalia":3qz9n62z said:
Largent80":3qz9n62z said:
Somewhere....somebody cares.

I'm outraged at your lack of outrage.

This right here folks. Much ado about nothing because we don't even know the whole story.
No way man. We are going to jump to conclusions and all get on our high horses.

It's cool that he signed it and took photos later but in the video it looked like he took someone's hat. It's not like he turned around 5 steps later and said "just kidding". Why wouldn't you assume he took it, I'm sure the owner of the hat did after ML walked through the tunnel. All the people saying this was an overreaction, it wasn't your property and why it's so easy for you to act with such moral superiority. I would have been pissed no matter who took my hat. It's a dick thing to do, especially when your not even friends.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Having lived in East Oakland, I can tell you that Marshawn's persona is extremely Oakland. Right down to how he uses "and" with pauses and just general other speech patterns.

What Marshawn absolutely is not, is a thug. A thug is a criminal, usually pertaining to inner city black folks (at least how people use it these days) involved in drugs and/or gangs and/or violence.

The use of the word is extremely transparent in most cases anyway.