Marshawn Lynch not expected back next year

pehawk

Reaction score
IMO, Lynch was not mentally in the game last week. He just wasn't. I don't expect that to continue, but, it's something to keep your eye on.

Cartire

Reaction score
Sources...

Anonymous informants. Unverifiable facts. Remember when King and Mort reported about the Rice Tape back in April... Sources.

You can literally say whatever you want, and no one can say you are lieing because of sources. And if someone asked for proof, you say you have to "protect" your source.

So easy to be a sports journalist today.

pehawk

Reaction score
Let's be fair, King knew of the Tate v Harvin fight in March, but since he couldn't confirm it, he didn't report it.

Or, put on the foil hat and cry "the medias out to get us".

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Cartire":3oupd03n said:
Sources...

Anonymous informants. Unverifiable facts. Remember when King and Mort reported about the Rice Tape back in April... Sources.

You can literally say whatever you want, and no one can say you are lieing because of sources. And if someone asked for proof, you say you have to "protect" your source.

So easy to be a sports journalist today.

Of course it's sources.

Any sports journalist who named his source wouldn't get any information for the rest of their career.

We're not talking about some schmuck here -- it's Mort. This is legit.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Seattle fans 1976 - 2013 - "The national media hates us, they never talk about us!"
Seattle fans 2014 - "The national media hates us, they talk about us too much!"

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Ok. Stop! Again.

No sh@t, Capt. Obvious. There's a good chance Beast Mode will not be here next year, but it's cap related.

Percy Harvin's friendship is not even close to what BeastMode hade with Justin Forsett. Not even close when the Cal Bears had Beast mode, Forsett and Aaron Rogers in the same backfield. And Mike Silver knows this. So, if Beast Mode was ever going to be really upset, it's when the Hawks let Forsett go. And there was no back story about lockerroom issues when this happened.

It wasn't the first time Marshawn Lynch wore a suit.

It was just the second such occasion, though. So when Lynch donned a tie and jacket to stand as one of Justin Forsett's groomsmen at his wedding this summer it was just one more example of a friendship that is as deep as it is unlikely.

"We weren't going to let him wear his tennis shoes," Forsett said.

"Batman and Robin," said Kevin Parker, Cal recruiting assistant.

They are the Seahawks' new "Odd Couple," two friends whose differences haven't gotten in the way of a friendship and two teammates who've found success working together.
http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2 ... awk21.html

This type of over media hype happens when teams get in the spotlight.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
truehawksfan":olz5e8w8 said:
Ok. Stop! Again.

No sh@t, Capt. Obvious. There's a good chance Beast Mode will not be here next year, but it's cap related.

Percy Harvin's friendship is not even close to what BeastMode hade with Justin Forsett. Not even close when the Cal Bears had Beast mode, Forsett and Aaron Rogers in the same backfield. And Mike Silver knows this. So, if Beast Mode was ever going to be really upset, it's when the Hawks let Forsett go. And there was no back story about lockerroom issues when this happened.

It wasn't the first time Marshawn Lynch wore a suit.

It was just the second such occasion, though. So when Lynch donned a tie and jacket to stand as one of Justin Forsett's groomsmen at his wedding this summer it was just one more example of a friendship that is as deep as it is unlikely.

"We weren't going to let him wear his tennis shoes," Forsett said.

"Batman and Robin," said Kevin Parker, Cal recruiting assistant.

They are the Seahawks' new "Odd Couple," two friends whose differences haven't gotten in the way of a friendship and two teammates who've found success working together.
http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2 ... awk21.html

This type of over media hype happens when teams get in the spotlight.

The report isn't just relating to Lynch being upset because of Harvin though is it?

It's about his non-existent relationship with key members of this team, the feeling he's partly responsible for some of the unrest in the locker room, him feeling hard done to on his contract, the way he's had more rope than most over the years and the team has had enough.

kidhawk

Reaction score
This type of reporting just reeks of throwing stuff at a wall and seeing what will stick. We all know Lynch is going into the final year of his deal and have expected Michael was brought on to take over for Lynch and that he'd probably never see the final year of his contract. Morr reports this knowing the odds of Lynch being gone anyway are already good and figures he can say later that he is right even if nobody admits to it being factual.

If we wanted Lynch gone we could have dealt him at anytime. This report reeks and I think for me it will likely taint anything he reports from now on

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":53827or8 said:
If we wanted Lynch gone we could have dealt him at anytime. This report reeks and I think for me it will likely taint anything he reports from now on

What if it's just an accurate report?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1e7v8aqy said:
kidhawk":1e7v8aqy said:

It was probably accurate last year too. But Seattle was winning. Vultures don't pick at something that seems to be alive and kicking.

As long as this team is losing, expect these reports.

kidhawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1cywyt3i said:
kidhawk":1cywyt3i said:

Just the fact that people will ask the question is why it is irritating. If it was true now then it's more than likely been true, and we have gone through issues with Lynch even with his holding out this off season. If they wanted to be rid of him that would have been an easy time to do it.

As I said, Mort knows what we all know and that is we are unlikely to keep Lynch through next year and he's using that to prop this up.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":6ebp4qs6 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":6ebp4qs6 said:
kidhawk":6ebp4qs6 said:

It was probably accurate last year too. But Seattle was winning. Vultures don't pick at something that seems to be alive and kicking.

I'll check out after this so I'm not just ramming my take down people's throats... but so much has changed since last year. We've lost key veterans like Clemons, Bryant and Mike Rob. The locker room dynamic is different, and there's every chance a guy like Lynch -- with less veteran personalities and confidantes -- has become more of an issue. As Wilson grows in identity and responsibility, it's not a shock to imagine some resentment or difficult. Or that Seattle wants to eliminate that knowing Wilson is 'the guy' for the next decade or so.

I know we don't want to believe the noise because it's negative, but it's also guys like Mort reporting this. And Mike Silver, who is tight with Lynch. The likelihood is -- this is all reality. And we're probably going to see a very different Seattle team in 2015. But hey, we move on. It'll be interesting to see what happens next.

But let's not just complain about the media, who in fairness could easily just be reporting what is really going on and giving us the info on what is actually happening in that locker room.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3sy2djpu said:
Scottemojo":3sy2djpu said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3sy2djpu said:
kidhawk":3sy2djpu said:

I'll check out after this so I'm not just ramming my take down people's throats... but so much has changed since last year. We've lost key veterans like Clemons, Bryant and Mike Rob. The locker room dynamic is different, and there's every chance a guy like Lynch -- with less veteran personalities and confidantes -- has become more of an issue. As Wilson grows in identity and responsibility, it's not a shock to imagine some resentment or difficult. Or that Seattle wants to eliminate that knowing Wilson is 'the guy' for the next decade or so.

I know we don't want to believe the noise because it's negative, but it's also guys like Mort reporting this. And Mike Silver, who is tight with Lynch. The likelihood is -- this is all reality. And we're probably going to see a very different Seattle team in 2015. But hey, we move on. It'll be interesting to see what happens next.

But let's not just complain about the media, who in fairness could easily just be reporting what is really going on and giving us the info on what is actually happening in that locker room.

Agreed 100%

I fully believe the story.. but I also fully believe a win today and holding serve at home makes all this crap go away.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":5palqkt4 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":5palqkt4 said:

Agreed 100%

I fully believe the story.. but I also fully believe a win today and holding serve at home makes all this crap go away.
Agree with Hasselbeck and thus English as well.

Cartire

Reaction score
pehawk":q3eca2l7 said:
Let's be fair, King knew of the Tate v Harvin fight in March, but since he couldn't confirm it, he didn't report it.

Or, put on the foil hat and cry "the medias out to get us".

I don't think the media is out to get is at all. I think the media is doing exactly what it has always done. Bleed out every topical story they can. This week started with harvin which then went to locker room which is now connected to lynch.

They've always done that. It's what they do.

ndnchapathi69

Reaction score
This could be a good set-up for the return of mike robinson to restore order in the locker room

Largent80

Reaction score
Personally, I am tired of hearing all this crap, and just want to watch football.

Between this shit and the refs, I am about ready to throw in the towel.

Latest posts