Lynch and Shanahan get multi-year extensions

knownone

Reaction score
luck might happen once or twice, but more than that is a pattern
Sure. But you could use that logic to say Lynch has a pattern of lousy decision-making masked by his wizard coach.

94Smith

Reaction score
Sure. But you could use that logic to say Lynch has a pattern of lousy decision-making masked by his wizard coach.
Ultimately the good outweighs the bad and the proof is in the pudding. The strike outs in the first and second round are outweighed by home runs in later rounds and grand slams in free agency and trades. A coach can only take poor talent so far

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Ultimately the good outweighs the bad and the proof is in the pudding. The strike outs in the first and second round are outweighed by home runs in later rounds and grand slams in free agency and trades. A coach can only take poor talent so far
His hit rate is below average. He’s fortunate to have a coach that the players bought into. Lynch is riding coattails and knows nothing about actually managing a ball club

knownone

Reaction score
Disagree. You don't get credit for taking Purdy with the last pick in the draft after trading three first-round picks and a third for Lance.

Lynch's best attribute is acquiring known talent: CMC, Hargrave, Williams. And his late-round grand slams are typically a product of either Kyle's offense or your ridiculously talented pass rush. Seriously, if you didn't have Armstead or stumble into Bosa, that secondary is Swiss—they were 16th last year, according to PFF, and 15th in DVOA.

If you replace Kyle with an average coach, you guys struggle to make the postseason.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
You can't argue with success. They drafted Purdy, even if it was the last pick. 31 other teams had the chance to draft him and they didn't.

They've hit on a lot of draft picks: Nick Bosa, Fred Warner, Deebo Samuel, and George Kittle, to name a few. They've also whiffed on some high draft picks. Their big trades for Trent Williams and Christian McCaffrey have worked out. At the time of those trades, not everyone was high on those two. I mean, they traded a 3rd and a 5th for the best left tackle in the NFL. And a 2nd, 3rd and 4th for CMC. Compare that to our big trades for Percy Harvin, Jimmy Graham, and Jamal Adams.

And Shanahan can flat out coach. He's not a huge motivator, but he's a great teacher of the game. And he has a lot cooking in that big brain of his. There will likely be more innovations to come. I keep waiting to see what his Kryptonite will be.
Someone we hire after Pete. Someone in his generation that understands the new NFL. It isn't as bad as it looks once Jody isn't running things and Pete is fired and in a rest home.

Why the hell do we have so many 49er fans here?

FYI things change fast in the NFL so tread carefully.

Last edited:

Weadoption

Reaction score
Someone we hire after Pete. Someone in his generation that understands the new NFL. It isn't as bad as it looks once Jody isn't running things and Pete is fired and in a rest home.

Why the hell do we have so many 49er fans here?

FYI things change fast in the NFL so tread carefully.
i’m like a surrogate Hawks fan by marriage. Don’t root for the Hawks when they face the Digits but otherwise i follow and root for the team, or wife things that i enjoy tend to happen less. I’m here because the discussions are more interesting/entertaining than Webzone.

OP
OP
bileever

bileever

Reaction score
i’m like a surrogate Hawks fan by marriage. Don’t root for the Hawks when they face the Digits but otherwise i follow and root for the team, or wife things that i enjoy tend to happen less. I’m here because the discussions are more interesting/entertaining than Webzone.
I, for one, appreciate your perspective.

But what is the mood like during Seahawks-49er games at your house? I guess there are no winners there.

Weadoption

Reaction score
I, for one, appreciate your perspective.

But what is the mood like during Seahawks-49er games at your house? I guess there are no winners there.
i almost get a pass whey face off directly.
But when the Hawks are playing anyone else, go fkn Hawks all day. After so many years of that around my in-laws you actually can develop a sort of dual fan mentality as you follow their draft, players, etc. Plus guys like Geno are easy to root for.

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
Disagree. You don't get credit for taking Purdy with the last pick in the draft after trading three first-round picks and a third for Lance.

Lynch's best attribute is acquiring known talent: CMC, Hargrave, Williams. And his late-round grand slams are typically a product of either Kyle's offense or your ridiculously talented pass rush. Seriously, if you didn't have Armstead or stumble into Bosa, that secondary is Swiss—they were 16th last year, according to PFF, and 15th in DVOA.

If you replace Kyle with an average coach, you guys struggle to make the postseason.

The Lance pick (not to mention Thomas and Foster) doesnt mean the Kittle, Bosa, Warner, Hufanga, Greenlaw, Samuel, Aiyuk and now, shockingly, Drake Jackson, Colton McKivitz and Javon Kinlaw (who are doing well this season) were simply luck.