Lynch and Shanahan get multi-year extensions

Hollandhawk

Reaction score

Maulbert

Reaction score
I wonder what would’ve happened if they didn’t luck into Purdy. The Trey Lance debacle would normally get people canned instead of extended.
To be fair, if Purdy hadn't been so successful, Lance would've been given more time, which he obviously needed. Lance is considered a failure because Purdy was so successful.

OP
OP
bileever

bileever

Reaction score
You can't argue with success. They drafted Purdy, even if it was the last pick. 31 other teams had the chance to draft him and they didn't.

They've hit on a lot of draft picks: Nick Bosa, Fred Warner, Deebo Samuel, and George Kittle, to name a few. They've also whiffed on some high draft picks. Their big trades for Trent Williams and Christian McCaffrey have worked out. At the time of those trades, not everyone was high on those two. I mean, they traded a 3rd and a 5th for the best left tackle in the NFL. And a 2nd, 3rd and 4th for CMC. Compare that to our big trades for Percy Harvin, Jimmy Graham, and Jamal Adams.

And Shanahan can flat out coach. He's not a huge motivator, but he's a great teacher of the game. And he has a lot cooking in that big brain of his. There will likely be more innovations to come. I keep waiting to see what his Kryptonite will be.

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
You can't argue with success. They drafted Purdy, even if it was the last pick. 31 other teams had the chance to draft him and they didn't.

They've hit on a lot of draft picks: Nick Bosa, Fred Warner, Deebo Samuel, and George Kittle, to name a few. They've also whiffed on some high draft picks. Their big trades for Trent Williams and Christian McCaffrey have worked out. At the time of those trades, not everyone was high on those two. I mean, they traded a 3rd and a 5th for the best left tackle in the NFL. And a 2nd, 3rd and 4th for CMC. Compare that to our big trades for Percy Harvin, Jimmy Graham, and Jamal Adams.

And Shanahan can flat out coach. He's not a huge motivator, but he's a great teacher of the game. And he has a lot cooking in that big brain of his. There will likely be more innovations to come. I keep waiting to see what his Kryptonite will be.
So far, the Superbowl

knownone

Reaction score
John Lynch is the luckiest GM in the league—props to Kyle Shanahan for carrying this guy to another contract extension.

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
John Lynch is the luckiest GM in the league—props to Kyle Shanahan for carrying this guy to another contract extension.
FrodosFinger: ^^This

Hey, Frodo, your predictions of the immenint demise of the 49ers and the Seahawk ascendency this season may have been a little off. Lynch has consistently drafted good talent during his entire tenure. Sure he's made mistakes, but he has also built the one of the 2 or 3 most talented rosters in the NFL starting with nothing in 2017. That's not luck.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
FrodosFinger: ^^This

Hey, Frodo, your predictions of the immenint demise of the 49ers and the Seahawk ascendency this season may have been a little off. Lynch has consistently drafted good talent during his entire tenure. Sure he's made mistakes, but he has also built the one of the 2 or 3 most talented rosters in the NFL starting with nothing in 2017. That's not luck.
After 2 games? Wow you have a half game lead in the division. Lol. Go party bro!!!