Lynch traded!

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
The guy loves the Hawks and the 12th Man. He just wants people to understand why he's going to Oakland.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
Seymour":ofsot4kx said:
The Raiders are about to find out what some of us know. Lynch is done and now working to circulate his brand and boost his bank account.

If this was all about "my 2 teams" , then why did he say he would play for the Patriots as well?

He's negotiating. That's what you do in negotiations.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
No reason to hate on him. This was an amicable thing.

We think he is done. He doesn't.

Exchanging our rights to him to move up into the 5th round is a sweet bonus. We have had some good luck with 5th rounders over the years, starting with Kam Chancellor and Richard Sherman.

First and foremost, I hope Marshawn avoids serious injury. I would also love to see a Seahawks-Raiders Super Bowl. The more Bay Area people who trade their sad "Jed York" jerseys for Marshawn's #24, the better.

:snack:

Rocket

Reaction score
I'm afraid of what Kam will do to him in the pre-season.
After all, Kam is the Man of Steel, just ask Earl's leg.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Who's hating on him? I think most of us love the guy. But I will proudly hate on the Raiders every day of my life, and it's not gonna' change because he joins the team.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Video of Lynch's arrival at Oakland as a Raider

[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/videos/oakland-raiders/0ap3000000802807/Lynch-s-first-moments-as-a-Raider-are-priceless[/urltargetblank]

hawknation2017

Reaction score
kidhawk":16fujkj3 said:
Video of Lynch's arrival at Oakland as a Raider

[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/videos/oakland-raiders/0ap3000000802807/Lynch-s-first-moments-as-a-Raider-are-priceless[/urltargetblank]

And Norton pulls out a baseball bat . . . LOL.

pmedic920

Reaction score
b5214fbd8443c1eccc686872706f9757.png

I wish him well.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
He looks stronger than he's ever looked. I just wonder if the quickness is still there.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
pmedic920":3lqm57nv said:

I wish him well.

As I said before, I absolutely, positively cannot stand the Raiders. BUT, I am way happy for Marshawn that he gets the chance to end his career like this.

Just check out face -- the look in his eyes. That right there is the look of someone who in that moment is a joyful little kid all over again. That is someone who has that youthful Pee-Wee League "football is fun" mentality... and I am literally fulfilling my lifelong dream of playing for the team that I grew up cheering for. I know we all have a vested interest in the rooting for the Seahawks alone and being Seahawks-centric (quite naturally) ... but at the heart of it, isn't this the kind of stuff that sports is supposed to be all about?

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2017":39wdrkzr said:
He looks stronger than he's ever looked. I just wonder if the quickness is still there.

I don't. 2015 season when Rawls put his numbers to shame should be evidence enough he is done. I don't doubt he does better than here (in 2015) because they gave us Cable, but other than that....nothing to see here IMO.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Seymour":35qnpxom said:
hawknation2017":35qnpxom said:

I don't. 2015 season when Rawls put his numbers to shame should be evidence enough he is done. I don't doubt he does better than here (in 2015) because they gave us Cable, but other than that....nothing to see here IMO.

Yeah, but he wasn't in great shape that year and was dealing with the hernia issue.

As far as running game architects go, Cable is one of the best in the league. He is a decent counterweight against Bevell's tendencies. On the flip side, the Raiders offensive line has terrific talent and should be able to open up some opportunities for Marshawn, even if the quickness is not quite there.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":37tnkq4y said:
West TX Hawk":37tnkq4y said:
You never know, with him having a full year to rest and his body to recover, he could be very effective. He's reportedly in great shape, pending the physical. I wish Beast nothing but the best and hopes he makes it to the SB-and to win it if we're not there.

How bout a Raiders Hawks SB, how amazing would those storylines be?

yep....Marshawn runs it in from the one yard line for the win.....karma is a bitch.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Lynch will go down as perhaps my all-time favorite running back to ever wear a Seahawks uniform, but I got nothing but love for him, I wish him the best! You can't knock a guy for always wanting to play for his hometown team. I'm sure if all players had a chance and it fit with their current situation then most would jump at that opportunity!

We wouldn't have won a Super Bowl without Marshawn.

Marshawn Lynch will always be a Seattle Seahawk to me!

We'll miss you, Beast!

drcool

Reaction score
I am very happy for Marshawn. He has always wanted to play for his hometown. I know Oakland means a lot to him and he means a lot to Oakland.

But I will be very happy to see this: Super Bowl 52: Raiders vs Seahawks. Seattle leads by four with thirty seconds to go. Raiders third and goal from the 1. Handoff to Beast Mode.... AND HE IS STUFFED behind the line of scrimmage by Michael Bennett. Oakland scrambles to get to the line to spike the ball but the clock runs out. Seahawks win. And months and months of "They should have thrown the ball" discussion ensues.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3dt2d3c7 said:
pmedic920":3dt2d3c7 said:

I wish him well.

As I said before, I absolutely, positively cannot stand the Raiders. BUT, I am way happy for Marshawn that he gets the chance to end his career like this.

Just check out face -- the look in his eyes. That right there is the look of someone who in that moment is a joyful little kid all over again. That is someone who has that youthful Pee-Wee League "football is fun" mentality... and I am literally fulfilling my lifelong dream of playing for the team that I grew up cheering for. I know we all have a vested interest in the rooting for the Seahawks alone and being Seahawks-centric (quite naturally) ... but at the heart of it, isn't this the kind of stuff that sports is supposed to be all about?

Yep.
And ya know, many of us see him as just about washed up but if he's 100% healthy, combined with the new vigor, it wouldn't surprise me if he earns the extra money available for 1000 yards.
Maybe even more.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
I'm just happy we got a pick out of the deal when it could have gone without us getting anything
I wonder if teams are gonna stack the box every time he comes into the huddle ?
good luck against everybody but us marsh

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused about why the Seahawks had to include their 6th round pick in next year's draft? It seems a bit much. From a business perspective did Lynch's value diminish that much? It seems the Raiders may have come out ahead in the deal.

RW92

Reaction score
Somehow I just think we gave away something and didn't get a lot in return. If we could have just given up Lynch for their 5th round pick without giving up our 6th I'd say square. We'll go with it. I wouldn't have moved on anything and seen where the chips would have fallen. I can guarantee you that the phone would have rung before draft day. We lost in my opinion more than we gained, they got a player and a pick, albeit a 6th rounder. And we just got a 5th? Some how the math just doesn't add up.

Latest posts