Lynch traded!

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Just when you start to forget how good Schneider is at his job, he turns a 6th round pick into a 5th using a player who isn't even on the team. Bravo, sir!

Rat

Reaction score
Sam's Club was giving out free samples of skittles earlier. I live in Michigan, so it's probably just a coincidence, but it felt appropriate.

Good luck, Marshawn. This will probably be the first time I've ever rooted for the Raiders to play well.

Chapow

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2dyzgof6 said:
We all have our opinions, that team is not sniffing a super bowl

Eh, I dunno about that. They were arguably the 2nd best team in the AFC (behind the Patriots) and headed for the #2 seed in the playoffs before their QB went down in week 16. That certainly seems like a team that has the potential to sniff a Super Bowl to me.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Chapow":484oqry2 said:
MontanaHawk05":484oqry2 said:
Exactly. Their running game was mediocre last year and they were still 2nd best in the conference. If Lynch can run...it could well put them over the top.

Oakland had the 6th best rushing game in the league last year. Not sure about you, but I'd consider that a bit better than mediocre.

I think of Oakland's run game in 2016 the same way I think of the Cowboys' run game in 2015.

In '15 the Boys we're #9 in the NFL because they had an awesome O-Line and a really mediocre RB in Darren McFadden.

In '16 the Raiders were #6 in the NFL because they had an awesome O-Line and a really mediocre RB in Latavius Murray. (Note: I admittedly have really disliked Murray's game since even before the advanced metrics sites got on board and it became hip to do so).

TL;DR -- MontanaHawk05 said "their running game was mediocre" which isn't true, but I think he might have meant "their talent at the RB position was mediocre", which is a statement I'd absolutely agree with.

TBF we don't really know if at this stage in his career Lynch is a major upgrade over Latavius Murray, but they haven't really risked anything to find out. :2thumbs:

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2wz87h65 said:
Uncle Si":2wz87h65 said:
DJrmb":2wz87h65 said:
I'm glad this ended the way it did and didn't get nasty like it could have if Lynch or the Raiders tried to force Seattle's hand. Everyone wins in this scenario. :irishdrinkers:

This sums it up for me too

Yep, Lynch and the raiders held all the cards.

Oh they did not. If they did they'd have forced us to release him outright. As it is we got effectively a sixth rounder for something we were never going to use anyway. Free draft capital. Good for us.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I really don't see there being any cards held by anyone here. Doesn't look like anyone was trying to one up anybody or screw anyone over. Seems to show that Lynch, the Seahawks and the Raiders were all willing to be amicable partners in this deal, which says a lot about there being a positive relationship between Lynch and the Seahawks and no animosity between them, and that is a good thing

Optimus25

Reaction score
I loved watching him play but just like others before him, wear a different uniform and i could give a crap. Hope he gets -7 yards on 180 carries personally.

Everyone wishing him well hopefully understands he could give a damn about you too.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Optimus25":16as88jr said:
I loved watching him play but just like others before him, wear a different uniform and i could give a crap. Hope he gets -7 yards on 180 carries personally.

Everyone wishing him well hopefully understands he could give a damn about you too.

I don't really have any skin in this game, but how can you argue you don't give a crap when you're literally wishing the worst for him and chiding people who are wishing him well?

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Well I love money so guess I gotta be happy for him that he gets to end his career playing at home but here's hoping Lacy gets MVP honors after we win the superbowl this year as a little take that Shawn.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Chapow":3rc6b68u said:
HawkGA":3rc6b68u said:
uncle fester":3rc6b68u said:
HawkGA":3rc6b68u said:
Well, it's not a straight up 5th. It's the loss of a 6th. Don't know how that compares on a draft value chart board.

My point being I thought Schneider & McKenzie would've done an absolute bargain basement swap of picks. A handshake trade to ensure a smooth departure. Yes we lose a 6th, but a 5th rounder for a player who had no intention of playing for anyone but that specific team is a good deal.

Just wait for the Raiders to win the Super Bowl and the Seahawks to finish with the worst record in the league, then it will be a bottom basement deal!

Hey Nash72, you accidentally logged in as HawkGA. Just a heads up.

Ah come on, the sarcasm should have been obvious.
:irishdrinkers:

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
18157012_10155063165016263_863243693189903254_n.jpg

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, hope they lose every game they play. Unless it helps the Hawks :)
And he's one of my all time favorite players.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Raiders didn't just get one of NFL's most fearsome backs; they also acquired a ton of swagger and personality with this little trade. Except to them, it probably seems huge.

chris98251

Reaction score
Nobody acknowledges the fact he said he has two teams, the Seahawks and the Raiders and acknowledgement of the fans as well. He may have been giving the media the cold shoulder but not the fans and the community, when he found that wallet and drove to the guys house to give it to him up here is another indication about the man also.

Considering he was Drafted by the Buffalo Bills and he did not mention them at all says a lot about his feelings as a Seahawk.

Good Luck Beast, hope you lead the Conference in Rushing and TD's !

brimsalabim

Reaction score
So basically JS did him a favor. I respect that but hope it doesn't lead to more strife in our locker room. You know when you give candy you better have enough for everyone.

Seymour

Reaction score
The Raiders are about to find out what some of us know. Lynch is done and now working to circulate his brand and boost his bank account.

If this was all about "my 2 teams" , then why did he say he would play for the Patriots as well?

Latest posts