Lynch - ranked as 21st power back in NFL history

sutz

Reaction score
He's got a few more years (hopefully) to write his name in the books.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I don't get why Natrone Bomb isn't on this list and while I'm happy for beastmode he should be top 15 already.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Wow. In History? Far-out. This morning I was going to start a thread asking what people thought of Marshawn's chances of making the Hall of Fame. Before doing so, I checked his stats so I could bring something quantifiable to the table for our accountant types.....Glad I did, cuz I was surprised to see his numbers prior to his Seahawks seasons. Nothing special. Marshawn is one of my three favorite Seahawks in history on the possession side of the football. I love his style of play and the way he carries himself.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Franco Harris at #9 kind of confuses me, but I was too young to remember much of him besides hearing dad LOL him for running out of bounds a lot to avoid contact.

Then again it's a poll so people can annoint whoever they want as a power runner I guess.

rjdriver

Reaction score
20 year later and Okoye still gives me nightmares (pun intended). That man was a beast to play twice a year. (Unless you're Atwater)

HollywoodHawk

Reaction score
rjdriver":2oghqulx said:
20 year later and Okoye still gives me nightmares (pun intended). That man was a beast to play twice a year. (Unless you're Atwater)

Or the Boz, someone was gonna say it...

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Wow. That's surprising. Someone was very impressed by the BeastQuake.

That said, I think that single run will have more of an impact on his chances at the Hall of Fame than it probably should. He singlehandedly vaulted himself up a few notches with that run.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":td0vzeoz said:

That said, I think that single run will have more of an impact on his chances at the Hall of Fame than it probably should. He singlehandedly vaulted himself up a few notches with that run.

Well done sir.

MrCarey

Reaction score
Seriously, Peterson is a destroyer. I love me some Marshawn, but he is in no way beyond ADP. Peterson is fast, untackleable, a force to be reckoned with, and basically his entire offense, all while coming off a bum ass leg (before that, too). Come on, now.

The Radish

Reaction score
Lady Talon":1m6dex01 said:
Franco Harris at #9 kind of confuses me, but I was too young to remember much of him besides hearing dad LOL him for running out of bounds a lot to avoid contact.

Then again it's a poll so people can annoint whoever they want as a power runner I guess.

Franco was a really great running back in his day and I don't remember him dodging contact to much. Remember we had a back they said that about who was league MVP one year.

And he will always get 5-6 extra spots for the "Immaculate reception".

:les:

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
OkieHawk":38gj2dxs said:
Seahawk Sailor":38gj2dxs said:

Well done sir.

That was totally unintentional on my part, but I can see where Tracy Porter mighta winced reading it.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
MrCarey":1zak6bnt said:
Seriously, Peterson is a destroyer. I love me some Marshawn, but he is in no way beyond ADP. Peterson is fast, untackleable, a force to be reckoned with, and basically his entire offense, all while coming off a bum ass leg (before that, too). Come on, now.

Peterson is a destroyer, i'll agree with you there, but he is more of a complete back as opposed to just a power back. Peterson has power to run through arm tackles with the occasional defender, but the real reason he kills defenses is because of his speed and agility. He runs past folk as if almost they are standing still. He also is shifty enough to put the moves on you and make a defender whiff on what should have been a sure tackle. Lynch on the other hand runs over, around and through people like a man amongst boys. Seeing people bounce off of him was once a marvel to see. Now, while still amazing, its almost expected of him as we've seen it soo many times. I can't remember how many times I've seen him get hit in the backfield because of poor o-line play, but still manage to pull out 2 or 3 positive yards on what should have been a dead play.

That (imo) is the definition of a power back. Peterson hands down is the more complete back who currently is in his own stratosphere. Lynch is more of a power back than he, which is what I think that ranking is trying to reflect.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Watching Larry Csonka runs cracks me up. Just seems so freaking uncoordinated but an absolute terror.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":1of69v96 said:
MrCarey":1of69v96 said:

Peterson is a destroyer, i'll agree with you there, but he is more of a complete back as opposed to just a power back. Peterson has power to run through arm tackles with the occasional defender, but the real reason he kills defenses is because of his speed and agility. He runs past folk as if almost they are standing still. He also is shifty enough to put the moves on you and make a defender whiff on what should have been a sure tackle. Lynch on the other hand runs over, around and through people like a man amongst boys. Seeing people bounce off of him was once a marvel to see. Now, while still amazing, its almost expected of him as we've seen it soo many times. I can't remember how many times I've seen him get hit in the backfield because of poor o-line play, but still manage to pull out 2 or 3 positive yards on what should have been a dead play.

That (imo) is the definition of a power back. Peterson hands down is the more complete back who currently is in his own stratosphere. Lynch is more of a power back than he, which is what I think that ranking is trying to reflect.

You cant actually believe that Lynch is better than Peterson, even if the category is only "Power". Lynch is awesome but Peterson is a top 5 RunningBack in the following categories power , speed , shifty , nifty , elusive, etc.. you get the point . any category. The dude is one of a kind.

razgriz737

Reaction score
I don't really consider Peterson a power back either. I could see why they would rank Lynch higher in that respect.

zayden185

Reaction score
Lady Talon":1qzi4bdx said:

I would say in a time where is was 3 yards and a cloud of dust??? Those numbers are earned..wasn't any spread or play action really...compared to the exotics now

"We have a seal here'd and we have a seal here...and bang..we have a lane". All football was forever it seems

Latest posts