Lynch Presser on NFLN

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
I don't like public speaking but I never felt weird playing sports or competing in anything.

Jac

Reaction score
Largent80":1k9npbvo said:
Isn't there a saying?......Don't wake the sleeping Beast?

Denver is in big trouble.....Boss

That was my takeaway after seeing that interview as well. The press isn't doing Denver any favors. I have to think that Lynch is going to be a raging bull (even more than his usual self, and even more than the SB would bring out) on Sunday. The same way LOB is taking the Manning worship.

HawkWow

Reaction score
The Denver D should pass the hat around, then send Lynch the message...You can skip Thursday, we got this, Boss.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I just saw the interview. I LOVE Mike Rob. That was GREAT!!!!

Shock2k

Reaction score
I wish we could effectively boycott these nobs.

Best thing he said, "You have a problem with it, the 12s don't have a problem with it. They have my back."

Damn right Marshawn.

chris98251

Reaction score
Because they are entirely different things, is why it's possible. Make no mistakes, both are battlefields, but the rules are very, very different things and what is and isn't acceptable are very different things. Lynch isn't the first one either that was confortable on the football field and quite literally broke out in sweat during a press conference. He might simply be the best known.

Gale Sayers, his biography and if you ever listened to the old timers or even seen the movie Brians song which is a dramtazation but does have a lot of factors nailed down, you would know this guy was a nervous wreck speaking in public and would almost become ill.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
There are ways to make you feel more comfortable in those situations..but he does not have the time to make that happen. For me it took many YEARS to make that happen. I can get along with groups now with the assistance of some memories of what has happened in my past. And if necessary a little flavored water. They said in a class I took that the biggest fear a person has is to get in front of a group of people to tell a speech. I believe it as truth. I was at my retirement ceremony and should have had a drink before it so I could handle it. I was on duty tho so it was out of the question. He is only 21-2 years old. I was 45 at retirement and had 5 to 6 different classes on speeches and presentations as preparation for the future. He has had no progression in public speaking and probably will not have any in the near future. Between what he does on the field and his interaction with his teammates, that will be enough for him. Of course if he gets out with a cold one, he can handle it pretty well. I hope he learned his lesson on that front too.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
He's just about that action boss.

This media has its agenda: Now that Sherman isn't giving them anything, they jump on the next big storyline, which is Lynch hates speaking to the media.
Even after Beastquake, arguably one of the best plays in NFL HISTORY, Lynch didn't want to talk about it anymore when training camp opened the next year.
Now when the interview is on his term, one on one, like those ESPN specials, that may be a different story.
The man doesn't want to talk, go find a story somewhere else.

I agree with the posters here, keep feeding that fire. Watch what Lynch does Sunday.

HawkWow

Reaction score
This whole circus surrounding ML is unfair and unbalanced. Some members of the media keep whining "we're just doing our jobs". No you're not. Doing your job would be identifying the difference between a story and a non-story, then focusing on the story. 2 things here:

1) Some of this crap is taking pressure off of Denver

2) This is also unfair to Denver. "86 hrs of media coverage"? Then 43 of those hrs should be focused on Denver and the great things they accomplished this year. This is also Denver's SB. Their day in the sun. Why are they being deprived of this deserved attention (or sheltered from it)?

Shoddy reporting is the only explanation.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Throwdown":2qqoxb0o said:
Lynch might have anxiety issues honestly

I think it's kind of obvious. Look back at all the RRRs. I've seen some early stuff from him and it seems to have grown in intensity.
Probably as a result in mistrusting the media.
I'm no expert, this is just my view of it. I hope this causes the NFL to reconsider their stance on this issue.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":1gi9c7m2 said:
Thank the LORD for Mike Rob saving the day, I feel like that was gonna get real ugly if he didn't step in and lighten up the mood.

Just shows the great connection Marshawn and Mike Rob have.

Axx

Reaction score
This is what happens when you get a introvert and put him in front of many interviewers.

I think he should just stick to 1 on 1 interviews with ex-players. He seemed pretty chill with deion.

amill87

Reaction score
Incredible interview.

Not because of how the media is all butthurt he won't talk to them but because of the friendship those two share.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
Poor Dude,

I hate public speaking. Its been debilitating for me at work and and in certain social situations, for sure. I've tried to never let it hurt me in those aspects though. That what marshawn's doing. He's probably mad at himself for feeling this way and makes himself go up there rather than pay the fine. doesn't make it easier.

Huge props to Mrob, thats a good dude.

keasley45

Reaction score
DavidSeven":lxdwvtzm said:
Social anxiety and/or introversion are real things. Someone can be outgoing and personable in one-on-one situations or small groups (i.e., with a japanese reporter or among teammates), but can feel overwhelmed or drained by big crowds. There are people who feel like crawling under a table at a big party, but can otherwise be the toughest and most confident people you could ever meet. That has nothing to do with their character. It's how they're wired.

I think it's a shame that the NFL/media is allowed to strong arm an individual to go outside of himself like this. These are real issues for some people, and the NFL writers are getting utterly nothing out of this besides feeding their own ego. It's disgusting IMO.

I get what you are saying here, but you shouldn't lump social anxiety and introversion into the same basket. Introversion and extroversion are simply classifications for how your brain processes information and stimuli around you. There are introverts who are fine speaking in public and extroverts who have anxiety speaking in front of crowds. Not trying to nitpick and don't wanna come across like a smart ass. Just a misconception that i deal with a lot in the work place and one that is often perpetuated.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
keasley45":sswb7v8v said:
DavidSeven":sswb7v8v said:
Social anxiety and/or introversion are real things. Someone can be outgoing and personable in one-on-one situations or small groups (i.e., with a japanese reporter or among teammates), but can feel overwhelmed or drained by big crowds. There are people who feel like crawling under a table at a big party, but can otherwise be the toughest and most confident people you could ever meet. That has nothing to do with their character. It's how they're wired.

I think it's a shame that the NFL/media is allowed to strong arm an individual to go outside of himself like this. These are real issues for some people, and the NFL writers are getting utterly nothing out of this besides feeding their own ego. It's disgusting IMO.

I get what you are saying here, but you shouldn't lump social anxiety and introversion into the same basket. Introversion and extroversion are simply classifications for how your brain processes information and stimuli around you. There are introverts who are fine speaking in public and extroverts who have anxiety speaking in front of crowds. Not trying to nitpick and don't wanna come across like a smart ass. Just a misconception that i deal with a lot in the work place and one that is often perpetuated.

That's why I used "and/or." I'm pretty familiar with the differences between the two. However, I don't know enough about Marshawn to definitively say he is one or the other or both. I know full well that it could be one but not the other and that they each can manifest itself in different ways.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Shawn told Deion yesterday that he wasn't uncomfortable and I believe him. He's just decided he doesn't want to talk to the media. I have no problem with that.