Lynch Presser on NFLN

Largent80

Reaction score
Isn't there a saying?......Don't wake the sleeping Beast?

Denver is in big trouble.....Boss

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Always Fierce":r0pck45e said:
Throwdown":r0pck45e said:
Lynch might have anxiety issues honestly

If it was anxiety he wouldn't be able to play football like a beast and would topple over upon first contact.

I do like players that don't talk much and just back up their play with action. From what I recall, Jerry Rice was very similar.

I agree with what others have said. He does seem to be overly anxious speaking in front of groups. He does fine on the field and in a social setting. He does ok when he's one on one, but put him in front of multiple reporters and he just look completely uncomfortable. Honestly, I can understand this. Public speaking is an anxiety many people are afflicted with. Those who have never felt it have a difficult time understanding it and they'll say things like "just do it and get it over with" but it's easier said than done for those who truly are afflicted by it. It honestly can manifest itself in a lot of ways. It really shows in this latest interview as Lynch is so uncomfortable talking to the media but when MRob takes over, he loosens up.

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
Always Fierce":8i0el4hy said:
How's that possible? Any woman or girly guy can yap their mouth off incessantly. Yet it takes a man to play the game of NFL football, especially the way he does.

You obviously have no knowledge of how social anxiety works. It has nothing to do with how "manly" you are, and it manifests itself differently for different people. I've know people with social anxiety that are able to do great at their jobs and socialize just fine around a group of friends, but simply cannot handle a lot of attention being placed on them.

P.S. Your sexist comments have no place here.

253hawk

Reaction score
I hope Carroll tells him to go out there and pretend that every Broncos defender is a sniveling reporter.

blue 22

Reaction score
All I know is that I cant stop saying boss after everything now.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Always Fierce":1npmsioa said:
How did Lynch suddenly get good last year and this year after being one of the biggest busts in NFL history while in Buffalo?

Sir, I don't know if you're trying to troll or not.

But Lynch has been good 3 years, and honestly, all he needed was a fresh new start. He had worn out his welcome in Buffalo. Also if you remember his first two seasons he had 2 1000 yard seasons IN BUFFALO, then he started getting himself into trouble and fell out of favor because of the legal issues and the rise of that other RB i forgot the name of lol.

Always Fierce

Reaction score
Yoonhawk":1fvj8bfj said:
Always Fierce":1fvj8bfj said:
How's that possible? Any woman or girly guy can yap their mouth off incessantly. Yet it takes a man to play the game of NFL football, especially the way he does.

You obviously have no knowledge of how social anxiety works. It has nothing to do with how "manly" you are, and it manifests itself differently for different people. I've know people with social anxiety that are able to do great at their jobs and socialize just fine around a group of friends, but simply cannot handle a lot of attention being placed on them.

P.S. Your sexist comments have no place here.

Sorry they weren't meant to be taken seriously - they were tongue-in-cheek. I have a world of respect for Marshawn Lynch and the way he plays the game.

That TD run he made against the Saints in the playoffs in 2011 made me an instant believer.

fan4life

Reaction score
Uffda":3byx0k72 said:
Truly a man of action not words.

Actions on the field are his words and he is eloquent and verbose there.

I disagree. Watching him both yesterday and today, it's pretty obvious he CAN handle the media - he just has no use for idiot reporters who just want to create controversy instead of taking the time to understand what he's all about. IOW, he nailed ESPN.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
It's obvious Beast doesn't like to be in that situation and it's messed up that the NFL can force someone to have to do it. You wouldn't force someone that hates snakes to hangout in a room full of snakes.

That said, AWESOME interview.

Mike Rob taking over briefly was hilarious.

Boss.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I think anyone can see that he isn't comfortable, this is painful for me to watch.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Thank the LORD for Mike Rob saving the day, I feel like that was gonna get real ugly if he didn't step in and lighten up the mood.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":1ytcz14w said:
Thank the LORD for Mike Rob saving the day, I feel like that was gonna get real ugly if he didn't step in and lighten up the mood.

That's exactly what I thought. Could you imagine what this would have been like if MRob hadn't been re-signed?

Throwdown

Reaction score
kidhawk":2bos5jg2 said:
Throwdown":2bos5jg2 said:

That's exactly what I thought. Could you imagine what this would have been like if MRob hadn't been re-signed?

Don't want to even think about it lol

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
All the questions now are:
"Talk to us about why you don't talk to us"

Ridiculously dumb... Just do what you do Lynch. We got your back.

fan4life

Reaction score
Honestly, I didn't see a guy with social anxiety. I saw a guy who has no use for sensationalist reporters; is angry that they get to the league to threaten to fine him if he refuses to talk to them; and wanted to make it perfectly clear he was there 'under protest.' IOW, he was angry. MRob did a great job diffusing the tension and getting everyone to laugh.

The two of them looking at MRob's video of BeastMode saying his fullback wasn't a good bro (at the end) is great stuff.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Always Fierce":13k76l4f said:
Throwdown":13k76l4f said:
Lynch might have anxiety issues honestly

If it was anxiety he wouldn't be able to play football like a beast and would topple over upon first contact.

I do like players that don't talk much and just back up their play with action. From what I recall, Jerry Rice was very similar.
Ricky Williams had diagnosed anxiety issues. He didn't topple over on first contact.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Always Fierce is a Racist Skins fan. And a sexist idiot.

Move along, nothing to see with this idiot.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Social anxiety and/or introversion are real things. Someone can be outgoing and personable in one-on-one situations or small groups (i.e., with a japanese reporter or among teammates), but can feel overwhelmed or drained by big crowds. There are people who feel like crawling under a table at a big party, but can otherwise be the toughest and most confident people you could ever meet. That has nothing to do with their character. It's how they're wired.

I think it's a shame that the NFL/media is allowed to strong arm an individual to go outside of himself like this. These are real issues for some people, and the NFL writers are getting utterly nothing out of this besides feeding their own ego. It's disgusting IMO.

HawkWow

Reaction score
$50k to Lynch is like $500 to most of us. As lame as being fined for such a thing would be, if truly a matter of stage fright /anxiety / stress..Lynch should just pay the fine and say FTW.

No way would I expose myself to such nonsense for $500.

BUT...a previous poster felt Lynch's agony would become the agony of the enemy this Sunday and I totally agree. That's usually how it works. BO Knows.

Latest posts