Love how Packers fans declare...

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
PackerBacker19":xs2jt935 said:
Everybody just needs to.......R-E-L-A-X. Ok, in all seriousness, both sides let's not go to extremes. Packers fans we have almost no shot at winning. MAYBE 10%, but I'm not even sure of that. However, Seattle fans we don't suck. Even if we aren't as good as you guys we are still in the NFC Championship game for a reason. Our team has improved greatly, as well as your guys team since week 1. Hopefully it will be a good game with no injuries.
We know you don't suck. Your team is in the NFCCG and has one of the most talented QBs the league has seen for a long time. Your defense is even playing tough and you have a running game.

The thing is, every single one of those facts can be said of the Hawks, only Wilson isn't gimped (I expect Matthews to hit him late several times in an attempt to even the score) and the Hawks are the best in the business at the remaining aspects. Of course the Clink has some role in this matchup too.

GB deserves respect, but damn, they are coming into the Ring Of Fire.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
PakAttack86":22yequmx said:
Holy misleading stats Batman!
My stats were taken directly from the ESPN stat line, so no, not misleading in any shape or form.
You posted rankings based on statistics. You did that because 9th in sacks looks a lot better than 20th in sacks. The difference in actual numbers is 4 sacks, or .25 sacks per game. You deliberately tried to mislead (check mark Green Bay) and got called on it (check mark Seattle).

PakAttack86":22yequmx said:
Hahaha, I knew you could put a positive spin on it. You had to go into your way-back machine for that one. Well done! You're right. That was before PC (Pete Carroll). He is a defensive guru. That is why we have been the #1 ranked D in allowing the fewest points the NFL the last 3 years!

Again, back to the present day...we are talking THIS team. The World Champs. Coached by Pete Carroll. He has Rodgers figured out. Ask the Bronco fans how the #1 scoring offense in the history of the NFL did against us.....on a neutral field.

You used the word "ever", I was simply pointing out that you were incorrect. I'm not arguing that Seattle isn't a defense that demands respect, but to suggest that there are no chinks in that armor is irresponsible and this Packers squad has the tools to compete and win.
Chinks in the armor of this defense? Which has NONE of the players from the defense you're citing? Under a different head coach, different coaching staff, and different general manager? Different uniforms even! We might as well discuss the merits of the current Seahawks offense versus your 1958 squad.

He did use the word "ever" so you get a figurative cookie for that one. But you're really coming across like the kid in class who tells the teacher which kid threw a paper airplane while she was out of the room. Nobody likes that kid except his own mom, and she kind of has to.

If you weren't constantly deflecting, posting weak, ticky-tack arguments, and cherry-picking numbers, you might engage some of the better football minds around here. As it is, you're coming in on the heels of a bunch of Panther trolls who sounded a lot like you. If you wonder why you're getting more sarcasm and smack than you'd like, there it is.

E.Lacy27":22yequmx said:
Actually, the Packers had a better points per game against than the Panthers and Rams. Overall, those two defenses are probably still better, but not enough to make the Packers defense suck in comparison.
The Seahawks lost to the Rams 28-26. The Seahawks beat the Raiders 30-24. The Rams beat the Raiders 52-0. The Seahawks beat the Rams 20-6. Go ahead and untangle that puzzle.

But first, here's a fun read about the state of Green Bay's run defense from 2 months ago.

Article about the NFL-worst run D after week 8":22yequmx said:
While it's easy to refer to the Packers' run defense as the worst in the NFL due to the yards-allowed-per-game statistic, Capers isn't a fan of the meaning behind those numbers.
"Over the years, that run defense statistic is different than what it used to be," he said. "It just is. There's some other things that affect winning and losing a lot more than that."

Capers sounds like PakAttack86. Or is it the other way around? See, it is true that "some other things affect winning and losing a lot more than that." Yeah, things like scoring more points than your opponent. And of course all stats are different than what they used to be. Eras change, players change, rules change. Duh. But dead last is dead last, however you try to spin it. "No matter how you look at it, we've got to play the run better," said Capers. Again, as they say at Mensa: "Duh."

But hey, that's all history and the Pack went 7-1 since then. They're on a roll. No doubt we'll see two hot teams in a showdown for the conference this Sunday. Should be fun.
:snack:

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
Since I know a ton of Packer Fans. I do not paint the Packers as bad fans.

We can argues stats this and that all along.

But football is about match ups. The teams that give Seattle real trouble are built like the the 49ers, Panthers, Rams and Zona. Now this year we fell flat in San Diego and KC, and we really screwed the pooch against Dullass but even there we had a chance to win.

Here is a fun fact, Seattle since the Russell Wilson era has had the lead in every game, in that time we have lost only once greater than 1 score and that was in San Diego, 9 points. So that is three years of being in every game they played.

Now with all of that I just think Green Bay has a bad matchup with Seattle. I do expect to Settle to win and probably by double digits but I also expect a tough game in the first half and then pull away from Green Bay in the 4 qtr.

In any game anything can happen but if Seattle plays like the normally do in big games and at home they should fare very well.

With that all said it not out of the realm of possibility that the Pack can win, I just think it is highly unlikely.

Here is another fun fact the Toxic differential

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats ... tial/2014/

Rank Team TO Diff Big Play Diff Total Diff
1 Seattle Seahawks 10 66 76

3 Green Bay Packers 14 23 37

Uncle Si

Reaction score
PackerBacker19":8hr78slb said:
Everybody just needs to.......R-E-L-A-X. Ok, in all seriousness, both sides let's not go to extremes. Packers fans we have almost no shot at winning. MAYBE 10%, but I'm not even sure of that. However, Seattle fans we don't suck. Even if we aren't as good as you guys we are still in the NFC Championship game for a reason. Our team has improved greatly, as well as your guys team since week 1. Hopefully it will be a good game with no injuries.

its all a bit of fun over here.

niveky

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1ebfdrn9 said:
PackerNation":1ebfdrn9 said:
I think the real X factor will be if Green Bay can stop Wilson from racking up huge yards with his feet. Can they stop Wilson when it's 3rd and 5? Wilson is the most dangerous weapon you have. I would keep him on the roster before anyone else. Anyone, including anyone on your defense.
The Panthers stopped Wilson from running wild and they stopped Marshawn, as well.

The Packers don't have anywhere near close to as good a front seven as the panthers do. that is where run games are killed, and the Seahawks still put up 100 rushing yards exactly against carolina. If one or two runners don't get you, then they come at you with wilson, lynch, turbin, and a little bit of michael mixed in. Heck haven't they even used that monstrous fullback a few times in running situations. The hawks have plenty of options and I would be highly surprised if they don't have much more success against the packers in the run game than they did against the panthers.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
niveky":2awlf1y9 said:
RolandDeschain":2awlf1y9 said:
PackerNation":2awlf1y9 said:
I think the real X factor will be if Green Bay can stop Wilson from racking up huge yards with his feet. Can they stop Wilson when it's 3rd and 5? Wilson is the most dangerous weapon you have. I would keep him on the roster before anyone else. Anyone, including anyone on your defense.
The Panthers stopped Wilson from running wild and they stopped Marshawn, as well.

The Packers don't have anywhere near close to as good a front seven as the panthers do. that is where run games are killed, and the Seahawks still put up 100 rushing yards exactly against carolina. If one or two runners don't get you, then they come at you with wilson, lynch, turbin, and a little bit of michael mixed in. Heck haven't they even used that monstrous fullback a few times in running situations. The hawks have plenty of options and I would be highly surprised if they don't have much more success against the packers in the run game than they did against the panthers.

in the Panthers efforts to stop the run and force the Seahawks to pass, how did Wilson do throwing the ball?

niveky

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2tb3m0k4 said:
niveky":2tb3m0k4 said:
RolandDeschain":2tb3m0k4 said:
PackerNation":2tb3m0k4 said:

in the Panthers efforts to stop the run and force the Seahawks to pass, how did Wilson do throwing the ball?

yeah, i didn't bring that up because i focused in on just the last sentence of that quote. Bottling up Wilson may be a forgotten concern if the run game goes off like i believe it can Sunday. If Lynch and/or the other running backs get going like they have most of the year then the Green Bay defense is going to be rocked on its heels so hard that Wilson is going to be able to take whatever he wants. Edit: and to answer that question specifically. Watching Wilson last weekend was a thing of beauty. Was awesome seeing him go off like that.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Green Bay is legit 2nd best team in the NFC.

With that being said it will take a legendary performance from A-rod to win in the Clink on Sunday. If Rodgers goes down the chances of the Packers winning go to zilch.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
PakAttack86":31iwnzef said:
RCATES":31iwnzef said:
PakAttack86":31iwnzef said:
Chawks1":31iwnzef said:
How's Green Bay on the road this year? How many winning teams did they beat?

On the flip side of this question, Green Bay had one less home loss than Seattle did. Against the very team the Packers recently defeated.

What does this have to do with his question of what has GB done on the road this year? You know because this game is on the road not in GB.

Are you kidding? The question was obviously "what has Green Bay done on the road against winning teams?" which, yes, 0-3 is the obvious answer. My rebuttal makes a fair point in showing that Seattle has lost at home, something that Green Bay didn't do this year, and against a team that Green Bay recently defeated.

So the Cowboys with a perfect road record (including a visit to Seattle) got beat by Green Bay at home, a feat Seattle couldn't accomplish. So logically the turn around here is that Green Bay's road woes have the same relevance as Seattle's lone home loss.

How about this one? The last time Green Bay won in Seattle, Charlie Frye was throwing TD passes to Keary Colbert for the Seahawks.

ptisme

Reaction score
12thbrah":te0p5kvp said:

With that being said it will take a legendary performance from A-rod to win in the Clink on Sunday. If Rodgers goes down the chances of the Packers winning go to zilch.
It's going to take a LOT more than Rodgers. His line has to protect him because he won't be able to run. His receivers have to get open. His defense has to hold Seattle to whatever Seattle is holding GB too.... Special teams has to find a way to not screw up... Balls have to bounce the right way. Need a few turnovers... Controversial penalties have to the right way... e tc

If they win it will be because AROD was ballin' and the team collectively played over their heads...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ptisme":ff2hen82 said:
12thbrah":ff2hen82 said:

It's going to take a LOT more than Rodgers. His line has to protect him because he won't be able to run. His receivers have to get open. His defense has to hold Seattle to whatever Seattle is holding GB too.... Special teams has to find a way to not screw up... Balls have to bounce the right way. Need a few turnovers... Controversial penalties have to the right way... e tc

If they win it will be because AROD was ballin' and the team collectively played over their heads...

if Lacey runs, the Packers will be in the game.

its going to be a good one no doubt

Packer_junkie

Reaction score
Are you kidding? The question was obviously "what has Green Bay done on the road against winning teams?" which, yes, 0-3 is the obvious answer. My rebuttal makes a fair point in showing that Seattle has lost at home, something that Green Bay didn't do this year, and against a team that Green Bay recently defeated.

So the Cowboys with a perfect road record (including a visit to Seattle) got beat by Green Bay at home, a feat Seattle couldn't accomplish. So logically the turn around here is that Green Bay's road woes have the same relevance as Seattle's lone home loss.[/quote]

How about this one? The last time Green Bay won in Seattle, Charlie Frye was throwing TD passes to Keary Colbert for the Seahawks.[/quote]

Actually Russell Wilson was throwing INT's to MD Jenning's that were getting called TD's

tacomahawk

Reaction score
I saw a player wearing a Seahawk helmet come down in the endzone with both feet first, and possession of the ball. It was the correct call, we won. Did we benefit from the correct call? Yep sure did, just like you guys did last week.

PackerNation

Reaction score
Uncle Si":12eakhk2 said:
niveky":12eakhk2 said:
RolandDeschain":12eakhk2 said:
PackerNation":12eakhk2 said:

He did great! He has an arm and is smart. But you have to stop something so stopping Lynch from running and keeping Wilson bottled up in the pocket has to take priority. Lynch is the hardest RB in the NFL to tackle and if he starts breaking tackles and piling up yards, he makes Wilson's job a lot easier. He makes the defenses job a lot easier.

If Green Bay came out playing Nickel, which they have done on many occasions this year, it would be a formula for defeat. Let Wilson throw the ball and see what happens. When you throw, only 1 of 3 things are good. It's a catch or its incomplete or intercepted.

ptisme

Reaction score
Here's the problem with the argument that Dallas beat you and we beat Dallas: Dallas matches up better with Seattle. We are soft against the run and the mobile quarterback is our bane. Offensively the only way to slow down the packers is if you can get home with just four rushers and commit everyone else to defend the pass. Seattle is one of the few teams that can do that.

As for Dallas, they have a relatively immobile quarterback (fits with our good pass rushers) and a defense that can't pressure the quarterback (good luck against Rodgers).

It's all about who matches up better against who.... We smoked Carolina and Carolina was able to hang with Seattle.. Match ups....

ptisme

Reaction score
tacomahawk":3mjf2fmu said:
I saw a player wearing a Seahawk helmet come down in the endzone with both feet first, and possession of the ball. It was the correct call, we won. Did we benefit from the correct call? Yep sure did, just like you guys did last week.
Boy Seahawks fans just can't stop bringing that play up can you.... Move on....

tacomahawk

Reaction score
ptisme":12drmedh said:
tacomahawk":12drmedh said:
Boy Seahawks fans just can't stop bringing that play up can you.... Move on....

I was not the one that brought it up again my lactose fueled friend. If you want to point fingers, it was brought up again by Packer_junkie. :th2thumbs: