Love how Packers fans declare...

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
PakAttack86":23cswur1 said:
CallMeADawg":23cswur1 said:
PakAttack86":23cswur1 said:
Hahaha, I knew you could put a positive spin on it. You had to go into your way-back machine for that one. Well done! You're right. That was before PC (Pete Carroll). He is a defensive guru. That is why we have been the #1 ranked D in allowing the fewest points the NFL the last 3 years!

Again, back to the present day...we are talking THIS team. The World Champs. Coached by Pete Carroll. He has Rodgers figured out. Ask the Bronco fans how the #1 scoring offense in the history of the NFL did against us.....on a neutral field.

You used the word "ever", I was simply pointing out that you were incorrect. I'm not arguing that Seattle isn't a defense that demands respect, but to suggest that there are no chinks in that armor is irresponsible and this Packers squad has the tools to compete and win.

You have 53 football players, 11 on offense and 11 on defense at one time. Our 53 guys are better than your 53 guys. All this talk of chinks in armor, and tools to compete is just a bunch of nonsense. Come Sunday, after the game, you will be educated a bit better on the subject.

Your opinion is welcome, but don't hide like a coward on that Sunday night if the Packers spoil your fun.

Hide like a coward? Im watching the game at home with my friends. Did you mean the internet forums? Yeah I dont log on until the day after a game, usually. Feel free to come back and act like an adolescent then as well. I'll be happy to share with you some photos of our new shiny trophy.

rideaducati

Reaction score
PakAttack86":adp3yjbx said:
CallMeADawg":adp3yjbx said:
PakAttack86":adp3yjbx said:
Hahaha, I knew you could put a positive spin on it. You had to go into your way-back machine for that one. Well done! You're right. That was before PC (Pete Carroll). He is a defensive guru. That is why we have been the #1 ranked D in allowing the fewest points the NFL the last 3 years!

Again, back to the present day...we are talking THIS team. The World Champs. Coached by Pete Carroll. He has Rodgers figured out. Ask the Bronco fans how the #1 scoring offense in the history of the NFL did against us.....on a neutral field.

You used the word "ever", I was simply pointing out that you were incorrect. I'm not arguing that Seattle isn't a defense that demands respect, but to suggest that there are no chinks in that armor is irresponsible and this Packers squad has the tools to compete and win.

You have 53 football players, 11 on offense and 11 on defense at one time. Our 53 guys are better than your 53 guys. All this talk of chinks in armor, and tools to compete is just a bunch of nonsense. Come Sunday, after the game, you will be educated a bit better on the subject.

Your opinion is welcome, but don't hide like a coward on that Sunday night if the Packers spoil your fun.

Packer fans will disappear in a few days just like they did as soon as the week one game was over. Go pack go...yes leave.

E.Lacy27

Reaction score
rideaducati":2tyakfs6 said:
E.Lacy27":2tyakfs6 said:
Peppers being a freak and making a play is not luck. I'll give you that Bryant's catch was, but that is a play where you have to give credit to the offense when it's due. That was a fantastic play.

I didn't even mention the Packers defense vs. the Seahawks.

Again, all I did was respond to the conception to the Packers defense sucking, which is just not true.

Compared to the past month of defenses that the Seahawks have faced, the Packers defense DOES SUCK.

Actually, the Packers had a better points per game against than the Panthers and Rams. Overall, those two defenses are probably still better, but not enough to make the Packers defense suck in comparison.

Plus, the evidence I gave earlier in the thread which puts the Packers about the middle of the league kinda includes Seattle's recent opponents, and makes them average.

It's not possible for a Packer fan to come here and have a rational conversation is it?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
E.Lacy27":3ulfd5wl said:
rideaducati":3ulfd5wl said:
E.Lacy27":3ulfd5wl said:
Peppers being a freak and making a play is not luck. I'll give you that Bryant's catch was, but that is a play where you have to give credit to the offense when it's due. That was a fantastic play.

Again, all I did was respond to the conception to the Packers defense sucking, which is just not true.

Compared to the past month of defenses that the Seahawks have faced, the Packers defense DOES SUCK.

Actually, the Packers had a better points per game against than the Panthers and Rams. Overall, those two defenses are probably still better, but not enough to make the Packers defense suck in comparison.

Plus, the evidence I gave earlier in the thread which puts the Packers about the middle of the league kinda includes Seattle's recent opponents, and makes them average.

It's not possible for a Packer fan to come here and have a rational conversation is it?

You are a bit out of luck. Then again, rational arguments require all the facts, only half of which Packers fans are supplying in their posts.

E.Lacy27

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2xp2sd88 said:
E.Lacy27":2xp2sd88 said:
rideaducati":2xp2sd88 said:
E.Lacy27":2xp2sd88 said:

You are a bit out of luck. Then again, rational arguments require all the facts, only half of which Packers fans are supplying in their posts.

I supplied plenty in the thread to support the Packers defense does not suck. Solid evidence doesn't matter is some people's eyes though and the people who have said it does suck have supplied nothing to support it.

E.Lacy27

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2rjyjpfj said:
E.Lacy27":2rjyjpfj said:
peachesenregalia":2rjyjpfj said:
quote="sutz"]that 'they're not the same team' we beat in September.

News flash: Neither are the Seahawks. We're better than we were then. ;)

You will be without Percy Harvin this time around and a gimpy Maxwell. Will Unger be playing? Not sure Harvin matters all that much as the Seattle offense will be as good as Lynch and Wilson. But Harvin torched us last time and he is no longer on the team.

We are going to have a QB that can't run and that could be huge. We also had a defense in week 1 that had a few issues and have (hopefully) been rectified. Namely, Guion is healthy now ( he missed the offseason and training camp with hamstring injury) and Brad Jones is no longer starting at ILB. Nor is AJ Hawk. Our OL will no longer have D. Sherrod in at RT and we have a legit 3rd WR now. We didn't have one earlier in the year when we met.

I think the real X factor will be if Green Bay can stop Wilson from racking up huge yards with his feet. Can they stop Wilson when it's 3rd and 5? Wilson is the most dangerous weapon you have. I would keep him on the roster before anyone else. Anyone, including anyone on your defense.

Gimpy Maxwell? He had an illness last week, not injury. He's good to go. Unger is good to go.

Your main problem will be on Defense. Dom Capers is the single most overrated coordinator this side of Rob Ryan. He's a goddamn thief - he's literally stealing every time he cashes his paycheck. The Packers have no shot at winning this game on Sunday, not because of their offense - which is very good, with an MVP QB and several excellent weapons - but solely because your defense sucks dog balls and your DC is one of the worst in the entire league. Your offense might give you a shot, but your defense immediately removes any hope you have of the Packers going to the superbowl.

Can you back up that the "defense sucks dog balls?"

We ended up in the middle of the league in rankings and played much better than that the last half of the season. In fact, they defense was solid in all but three games.

They even had a much better performance vs. Dallas than the Seahawks did.

If you're going to make a claim like that, you should at least attempt to back it up.[/quote]

Middle of the league = pure shite. They give up around 80 yards more PG than the Seahawks, and gave up about 100 more points over the course of the season. Capers is garbage. Soft, weak-ass garbage defense that will once again be exposed. Did you watch the ATL game? Wasn't that part of the 'last half of the season'?

On yer bike, son.

Middle of the league is sucking? Okay man.

You're also using one game out of 16 to make a point. That make sense how? About looking at the whole season when they had a solid game in all but 3. In the second half, one game does not overall the rest of it.

Also, aren't you the guy who requested Packer fans post her civilly, but then said the Seahawks will kick the shit out of us? Once again, saying a defense sucks balls and saying weak-ass garbage is not civil at all. Maybe you should take your own advice.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
You packers fans are wasting your time here. If you expect to win an argument against Seattle, argue on your forum, same goes for every other fan base.

I lol at Packers fans doing everything they can to try to win an argument. Unnecessary stats, optimism, etc.

Quit over-analyzing this game, both Hawks and Packers fans... Packers fans, you seriously expect to win arguments in a Seahawks forum? Good luck getting somewhere.

I enjoy talking to other team's fans. But I also enjoy sitting back and watching this argument.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
The packers lost this game when they lost to Buffalo. Before that, it was at least possibly winnable.

E.Lacy27

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":p4fbymqq said:
You packers fans are wasting your time here. If you expect to win an argument against Seattle, argue on your forum, same goes for every other fan base.

I lol at Packers fans doing everything they can to try to win an argument. Unnecessary stats, optimism, etc.

Quit over-analyzing this game, both Hawks and Packers fans... Packers fans, you seriously expect to win arguments in a Seahawks forum? Good luck getting somewhere.

I enjoy talking to other team's fans. But I also enjoy sitting back and watching this argument.

Was just hoping for reasoning and rational thoughts when applying to my posts. Clearly, that was too much to expect.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
If you wanted to be rational you woudln't sit around pretending the packers have any kind of chance.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
E.Lacy27":19mgui4q said:
I supplied plenty in the thread to support the Packers defense does not suck. Solid evidence doesn't matter is some people's eyes though and the people who have said it does suck have supplied nothing to support it.

And have you mentioned how the turn around coincides with playing awful offenses? The Carolina Panthers ignored the same, and then watched their team get whacked.

E.Lacy27

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1v5dsdad said:
If you wanted to be rational you woudln't sit around pretending the packers have any kind of chance.

I'd bring up examples of plenty of recent playoff upsets when it seemed a team didn't have a chance or give matchups that favor the Packers or point out Seattle does lose at home sometimes.

Doesn't matter what I post though as it will be met with nothing rational in return and it will most likely not be supported by anything.

E.Lacy27

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":y6otj7cf said:
E.Lacy27":y6otj7cf said:

And have you mentioned how the turn around coincides with playing awful offenses? The Carolina Panthers ignored the same, and then watched their team get whacked.

Like the awful offenses of the Patriots and Cowboys?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
E.Lacy27":17mq3b4t said:
Sarlacc83":17mq3b4t said:
E.Lacy27":17mq3b4t said:

Your defense didn't stop the Cowboys run game, and anyone with brains would have run on 4th and 2...sending you home for the year.

And at the risk of having to eat crow, I don't think the AFC has particularly great teams. Pats I can probably give you, though.

But both games were at home and you got torn apart on the road on New Orleans. Which is that other part of the coin.

E.Lacy27

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1yxrqtqf said:
E.Lacy27":1yxrqtqf said:
Sarlacc83":1yxrqtqf said:
E.Lacy27":1yxrqtqf said:

Your defense didn't stop the Cowboys run game, and anyone with brains would have run on 4th and 2...sending you home for the year.

And at the risk of having to eat crow, I don't think the AFC has particularly great teams.

Not to mention, both those games were at Lambeau. Both in the cold, too?

Can look at one stat vs the Cowboys and say the defense wasn't good, but holding them to 21 when they average 29 and put up 30 in Seattle is solid. You can say the Patriots aren't great, but they still have a good offense.

Patriots wasn't in the cold, Cowboys was cold. Just wanted to point out they did have good games against good offenses.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I changed my post to get at what I wanted to say.

Also, in the interest of fairness, how do you know Capers can defend the read-option?

E.Lacy27

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":okhuboai said:
I changed my post to get at what I wanted to say.

Also, in the interest of fairness, how do you know Capers can defend the read-option?

Looking at the post again, first of all it's not a guarantee Bryant catching the ball would have sent use home. The Packers drove the ball right down the field the next drive just trying to run the clock out and scored TDs the last two drives.

Secondly, you are correct that the Packers have not yet stopped a good offense on the road. At the same time though, they have not had that opportunity in the second half of the season. We will find out if they can do it Sunday.

Finally, yes, Capers knows how to defend the read option. Stopping it though will be more about our guys executing correctly than Capers drawing up something because schematically it's simple to stop. The outside guy, usually Clay or Peppers in our case, has to either make the QB hand it off or make the tackle if the QB keeps it. Actually executing that has been a problem for us.

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
Everybody just needs to.......R-E-L-A-X. Ok, in all seriousness, both sides let's not go to extremes. Packers fans we have almost no shot at winning. MAYBE 10%, but I'm not even sure of that. However, Seattle fans we don't suck. Even if we aren't as good as you guys we are still in the NFC Championship game for a reason. Our team has improved greatly, as well as your guys team since week 1. Hopefully it will be a good game with no injuries.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Are there really references to the game against Dallas as a measuring stick? Well I guess if we are going to go back that far we might as well just refer to the week 1 game. If the Dallas game was relevant, shouldn't the head to head nightmare be considered too?

Oh, you're different now? Gotcha.