Looks like Michael Robinson is a Seahawk once again.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":23sokm1u said:
This was just posted on FB by the Seahawks;
"If the opportunity presents itself, we're going to come get you. You’re part of the family. You're part of us. You helped us start this thing." - John Schneider before releasing Michael Robinson

Today, the opportunity presented itself.

:th2thumbs:

Frickin' awesome.

Coxal

Reaction score
“I’m a realist,” Robinson said. “I knew they drafted a guy (Spencer Ware). I knew they were high on Derrick (Coleman). And I knew I needed to be on the field to keep my job. I knew what my salary was. I know the business of this game. I knew there was a big chance I’d be let go.

“Pete (Carroll, the coach) and John (Schneider, the general manager), they did a great job of communicating with me. They were very upfront when they were cutting me. We were in there talking and they said, ‘Mike, we know it’s going to come a point down the line when you’re going to be healthy and we’re probably going to need you. If the opportunity presents itself, we’re going to come get you. You’re part of the family. You’re part of us. You helped us start this thing.’

“It just felt really good to know an organization feels that strongly about you.”

Just wow. I love that guy. I love this FO. I damn love this team.

CANHawk

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":28tbwg7o said:
Seahwkgal":28tbwg7o said:
"If the opportunity presents itself, we're going to come get you. You’re part of the family. You're part of us. You helped us start this thing." - John Schneider before releasing Michael Robinson

Frickin' awesome.

wow... that's cool. No wonder guys love playing here.

dunceface

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2ixw9oxg said:

glad to see this sentiment from our FO

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Coxal":3phgw9xg said:
“I’m a realist,” Robinson said. “I knew they drafted a guy (Spencer Ware). I knew they were high on Derrick (Coleman). And I knew I needed to be on the field to keep my job. I knew what my salary was. I know the business of this game. I knew there was a big chance I’d be let go.

“Pete (Carroll, the coach) and John (Schneider, the general manager), they did a great job of communicating with me. They were very upfront when they were cutting me. We were in there talking and they said, ‘Mike, we know it’s going to come a point down the line when you’re going to be healthy and we’re probably going to need you. If the opportunity presents itself, we’re going to come get you. You’re part of the family. You’re part of us. You helped us start this thing.’

“It just felt really good to know an organization feels that strongly about you.”

Just wow. I love that guy. I love this FO. I damn love this team.

Call me a kitten or whatever but that quote gave me butterflies. This FO is unlike no other

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
It really did help that Ware and Coleman were out. It would have been tougher to justify "going back for MRob" otherwise, family or not. I'm not gonna lie, though - having him back only furthers the "special season" vibes I'm getting.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Just glad he didn't take that spot w/ the Giants. Sounds like he had an offer.

So glad to have my favorite Seahawk back.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
I wasn't one of the fans that was upset when Robinson was cut because I thought his salary was out of line with his value, but now that he's back at a sustainable salary that makes sense for the team, I'm really, really happy about it. Hopefully he can stay healthy enough to finish this year and stay another year in the 2014 season. He handled his cut from the team with professionalism and wisdom.

HansGruber

Reaction score
A special vibe going on right now. It's all coming together for this team.

We're going to win it all this year.

And I CAN'T WAIT for a new RRR.

Veilside

Reaction score
Wow. This is definitely a feel good moment. I like that Schneider quote so much I'm going to use it as my first sig. This more than anything points to the team staying together as much as possible regardless of cost in the future. They really are a family.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Mike was just on 710 ESPN on Wyman, Mike and Moore. Good interview. Mentioned he talked to the guys a lot--talked to Marshawn almost every day. Talked about the illness. Said that Pete and John told him they'd bring him back if they could and wanted him to get healthy, and that they stayed in touch to check on him; he understood they had a business decision to make. Talked a bit about Percy.

Highly recommend checking out the podcast once it's posted.

dunceface

Reaction score
I cant wait to see him out there on the field again cuz it sounds like he is ready to hit somebody! #handyman

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Idk if it's been mentioned but he said in his presser that he doesn't know if he'll do RRR anymore because he just wants to focus on his job and the team and doesn't want to be a distraction. He said him and Pete are talking about it.

dunceface

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":p4hho7r5 said:
Idk if it's been mentioned but he said in his presser that he doesn't know if he'll do RRR anymore because he just wants to focus on his job and the team and doesn't want to be a distraction. He said him and Pete are talking about it.

if i had to guess i think he may lay off til he gets back in the swing of things before he starts it back up (which should be way before the end of the season)

Latest posts