Looks like Maxwell is being brought in (Signs 1 Year Deal)

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":3geqi75j said:
I'm not sure why some fans think Maxwell is some sort of savior? This guy single handedly cost us games while he was here last. There's is no better example in the league of a player benefiting from the players around him and having a Superbowl victory handed to him! He has proven that he is no commodity by the trajectory of his career after Seattle. He parlayed his success in Seattle to big time money elsewhere but proved it was undeserving! If he was just brought back for depth, fine, but stud corner? Not a chance! Strange to me that so many of you forgot the OG LOB was Browner, Sherm, Earl, and Kam. Physicality from Kam and Browner, punctuated by speed and power from Earl, and length, skill, and swag from Sherm. The small pieces that changed since have worked but it can never be replicated and now that a piece is gone for the season we are as done as burnt toast!

Not sure I remember those. Could you be specific?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2xigo6k4 said:
SpokaneHawks":2xigo6k4 said:
I'm not sure why some fans think Maxwell is some sort of savior? This guy single handedly cost us games while he was here last. There's is no better example in the league of a player benefiting from the players around him and having a Superbowl victory handed to him! He has proven that he is no commodity by the trajectory of his career after Seattle. He parlayed his success in Seattle to big time money elsewhere but proved it was undeserving! If he was just brought back for depth, fine, but stud corner? Not a chance! Strange to me that so many of you forgot the OG LOB was Browner, Sherm, Earl, and Kam. Physicality from Kam and Browner, punctuated by speed and power from Earl, and length, skill, and swag from Sherm. The small pieces that changed since have worked but it can never be replicated and now that a piece is gone for the season we are as done as burnt toast!

or where people called him a savior...

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1fff9fqg said:
seahawkfreak":1fff9fqg said:
SpokaneHawks":1fff9fqg said:

or where people called him a savior...
Twitter much? LOL, people been calling for him for a few weeks and before Sherm was out I just didn't get it. Look a little harder, they're out there.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":jplyvp4n said:
SpokaneHawks":jplyvp4n said:

I'm not about to go back through YouTube to find the games I thought he cost us but, yes I remember his flappy sleeves flailing around helplessly as receivers were catching t.d.s. I mean look at the guy with his oversized, crooked, I'll fitting helmet and long floppy sleeves. I can guarantee you that I'm not the only one thatt fills this way either because I remember quite a few calling for his head on this very site! Time will tell, but I just don't getg some fans holding onto the past. Maxwell was certainly a piece of our greatest years but he definitely wasn't the main piece! That's all I'm saying.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":yf1fn95w said:
seahawkfreak":yf1fn95w said:
SpokaneHawks":yf1fn95w said:

I'm not about to go back through YouTube to find the games I thought he cost us but, yes I remember his flappy sleeves flailing around helplessly as receivers were catching t.d.s. I mean look at the guy with his oversized, crooked, I'll fitting helmet and long floppy sleeves. I can guarantee you that I'm not the only one thatt fills this way either because I remember quite a few calling for his head on this very site! Time will tell, but I just don't getg some fans holding onto the past. Maxwell was certainly a piece of our greatest years but he definitely wasn't the main piece! That's all I'm saying.
What better option was there than maxwell? You are greatly overexageratting how bad he was, he was actually pretty solid. Remember the NFC game against green bay? He made a crucial pick in that game that we probably wouldnt have won without.

Thats mister flappy sleeves saving the day, he also made a great pass break up on jordy in the same game. You know how lucky the seahawks are that he was available just as sherman went down? We get a guy who knows the system and played well in it. Thats pretty good considering we lost sherman.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
RussB":xchde83j said:
SpokaneHawks":xchde83j said:
seahawkfreak":xchde83j said:
SpokaneHawks":xchde83j said:

What better option was there than maxwell? You are greatly overexageratting how bad he was, he was actually pretty solid. Remember the NFC game against green bay? He made a crucial pick in that game that we probably wouldnt have won without.

Thats mister flappy sleeves saving the day, he also made a great pass break up on jordy in the same game. You know how lucky the seahawks are that he was available just as sherman went down? We get a guy who knows the system and played well in it. Thats pretty good considering we lost sherman.

Absolutely. And as Massari and others have pointed out, Maxwell was actually a very solid CB with the Dolphins. To get a guy who is not only good ... but who honestly knows our system and could (in theory) step in and start right away?!? The very fact that a guy like that is available is fairly shocking to me, quite frankly. I couldn't agree more.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RussB":2awnmntp said:
What better option was there than maxwell? .

None.

There is no DB FA right now that is;

1. Good
2. Going to come in here, learn the schemes and techniques and hit the ground running

What, you gonna bring in a old ass Revis or pain in the ass overrated malcontent Cromartie? If Maxwell can just play at 75% of his old self, we should be OK as long as Earl stays healthy and Griffin plays well.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":wozb2zsi said:
RussB":wozb2zsi said:
What better option was there than maxwell? .

None.

There is no DB FA right now that is;

1. Good
2. Going to come in here, learn the schemes and techniques and hit the ground running

What, you gonna bring in a old ass Revis or pain in the ass overrated malcontent Cromartie? If Maxwell can just play at 75% of his old self, we should be OK as long as Earl stays healthy and Griffin plays well.

Word. My stance exactly.

chris98251

Reaction score
Maxwell got a lot of PI and also took a lot of chances on Picks, Earl covered when he missed, that's what he parlayed into a nice contract.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":2frsrzzz said:
seahawkfreak":2frsrzzz said:
SpokaneHawks":2frsrzzz said:

I can think of some tough plays that didn't go his way (AZ game winning TD in 2013 or 2014 at the Clink for one, but that was just a hell of a play by Palmer) but Maxwell, was a legit CB2 in his time here. When Browner and Thurmond were suspended he stepped in and never relinquished his spot after that. We haven't had anywhere near the level of CB2 play since he left. Personally, I loved him. When I think back on his time here, my favorite play of his was in the NFCCG against the niners. He got called for a DPI and complained, then they showed the replay and he just ragdolled crabtree, I think, at the top of his route. Just picked him up and threw him to the ground. I loved that.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
This was pretty much the only guy on the street we could have signed that knows the system. I joked earlier about Cary Williams but thats exactly why the only move that made sense was Maxwell or a guy off our practice squad (or a practice squad) with Seahawk experience.

I still don't think this keeps our Super Bowl chances afloat, but its the only move they could have made and I'm happy they did it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":16j8rclz said:
The very fact that a guy like that is available is fairly shocking to me, quite frankly. I couldn't agree more.

Shouldn't shock anyone. Once a Seahawk DB leaves here their career goes to crap, save for Brandon Browner's one play of glory in SB49 (thanks Bev)

Maxwell is a guy that fits our system exceptionally well, but not many others. That's why he failed so miserably in Philadelphia.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1g5pr5pv said:
This was pretty much the only guy on the street we could have signed that knows the system. I joked earlier about Cary Williams but thats exactly why the only move that made sense was Maxwell or a guy off our practice squad (or a practice squad) with Seahawk experience.

I still don't think this keeps our Super Bowl chances afloat, but its the only move they could have made and I'm happy they did it.
There has been worse CB tandems than maxwell and shaq in the superbowl.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
OK, I can admit that I understand everyone's point about him being the best option for us right now. All I'm saying is that, IMO, he was more of a success by system guy. But, to the posters saying there have been worse CB tandems in the Superbowl...........not with an offense like ours!

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":1ty719y9 said:
OK, I can admit that I understand everyone's point about him being the best option for us right now. All I'm saying is that, IMO, he was more of a success by system guy. But, to the posters saying there have been worse CB tandems in the Superbowl...........not with an offense like ours!
Well if maxwell was just good in our system. I guess hes going to be good again because he is in fact in the same system once again. I honestly feel like he will prove the haters wrong and be solid.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RussB":3pl5a5bk said:
Hasselbeck":3pl5a5bk said:

There has been worse CB tandems than maxwell and shaq in the superbowl.

Yeah, they were on teams with offenses and a running game.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":9ebi9wbf said:
In a perfect world, we could sign Max to a 2 year deal. A vet minimum $775k deal this year, and a modest salary for next year. Let him and Lane duke it out the rest of the season and move forward with the best option. Shead potentially could be gone next season, so we need options.

Hopefully Sherm is back by week one next year, but extra depth is always nice.

From what I understand, Shead was on PUP after week 8 so we would be able to get him back next year at his salary this year. So we'll have him for one more year for cheap.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Savior? No. However...consider our secondary's state of affairs if Lane had passed his physical and was with Houston, and B-Max decided to sign with someone else.

daveyoung52

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":28pd6qp9 said:
Savior? No. However...consider our secondary's state of affairs if Lane had passed his physical and was with Houston, and B-Max decided to sign with someone else.
Doesnt bare thinking about,particularly with Matt and Julio coming to town.

Latest posts