Looks like Maxwell is being brought in (Signs 1 Year Deal)

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Give him a chance. We'll see what he can bring back to the Hawks' table. Wouldn't say I'm excited, but he may be the BPA considering the circumstances.

Wasn't there something out about a huge rift between Maxwell and the Fins' coaching staff?
I don't have time to look up a source (maybe here ?), but I read a report that he was refusing to follow plays - just playing whatever coverage he wanted- at some points this year.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3geqijx5 said:
Great signing regardless, Maxwell was always meant to be a Seahawk.

Its a signing, great no. I have a feeling Maxwell will get worked all over the place. Not a lot of options though.

six sigma

Reaction score
I have fond memories of Max ripping that ball out and causing fumbles, let's see some more of that!
Glad he's back.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":1z1s7t8h said:
NFSeahawks628":1z1s7t8h said:
Great signing regardless, Maxwell was always meant to be a Seahawk.

Its a signing, great no. I have a feeling Maxwell will get worked all over the place. Not a lot of options though.

He will help Bevell.

Decimation

Reaction score
Great signing because of the uncertainty with Shead. I’m hoping the familiar system works out for him.

Long sleeves is back in town!

chris98251

Reaction score
Well we will see who they choose to target, Maxwell or Shaq, if Maxwell even starts. They will spread the ball around a lot more, Sherman was dangerous to challenge because he was deceptive and would bait you.

At least we have a proven player to use, if he has issues they would have went another direction.

kf3339

Reaction score
The very best thing PC can do to help our secondary is let the big boys up front loose, and play havoc on the opposing O-Lines and QB's. Take away their chance to breath and get into any kind of consistent rhythm with their passing game.

I don't know if PC will go this way, or not. But a strong and punishing front seven on D will do more to help out secondary than any other option at this point.

But I do like Maxwell coming back to the team. He can't really hurt us, and just may surprise to the upside. After all he may have something to prove to everyone else just how good he still can play when given the right opportunity.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I could have sworn we signed Bradley McDougald as a DB, and then have been grooming him to fill in at free safety, and he has done a very good job there. In another post I suggested that we give Bradley a shot at Sherm's position, with Earl expected to return in our next game against Atlanta.

Maybe Maxwell would be a better fit, I honestly don't know. Lane seems to get injured every time we put him in. I like Coleman, who also played DB, and CB, seems to have some genuine potential, but so far his performances have been pretty mediocre.

DeShawn Shead has some serious sizzle in his play, when he's been healthy enough to play. If he is healthy, and likely to stay that way for a awhile, he might prove to be our most viable solution at this juncture. The fact we have Byron coming to town indicates that they are not all that confident about what they have on the roster at present.

Seems to me we brought Browner back not long ago, and he couldn't stay out of trouble off the field. I'm not certain what his issues are, whatever they were, the powers that be manage to get them swept under the carpet, and he was given his walking papers shortly thereafter.

I don't suppose we'll be seeing Browner in Seattle again anytime in the near future, unless of course they think he is the answer to Sherman's absence, which I seriously doubt is the case. What do I know, I'm just another armchair General Manager calling the shots.

It will be really interesting to see who and what they do with this one. I'm a bit of a fatalis. I believe that everything will work out exactly the way its supposed to, and that the spirit of the 12th man is alive and well, and will carry the day and see us thru all of this by seasons end.

I believe the day is not too far off when we will look back and see that everything happened exactly the way it was supposed to for the Seahawks this season, and that we are a better team for it.

Go Seahawks !

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
kf3339":1bqnevbt said:
The very best thing PC can do to help our secondary is let the big boys up front loose, and play havoc on the opposing O-Lines and QB's. Take away their chance to breath and get into any kind of consistent rhythm with their passing game.

I don't know if PC will go this way, or not. But a strong and punishing front seven on D will do more to help out secondary than any other option at this point.

But I do like Maxwell coming back to the team. He can't really hurt us, and just may surprise to the upside. After all he may have something to prove to everyone else just how good he still can play when given the right opportunity.

This is all about timing in regards to blitzes. It is the same as the run on offense. The defense needs to be unpredictable when it sends six or seven. Take a risk now or then, don't wait till 3rd down every time. Just like whenever you choose to run the ball it doesn't have to be on first down. Creativity and timing is of the essence.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Bradley McDougald is a safety, not a corner. He can cover TEs, but we should never have him cover receivers in man unless they're in the slot, as some safeties do.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Use to love the way Maxwell would punch the ball out. Didn't like how often he gets penalties though. Either way I like the signing. Hope her works out.

massari

Reaction score
[youtube]-43RrrmsklA[/youtube]

[youtube]sXc4CG11wx8[/youtube]

massari

Reaction score
Byron Maxwell in the doghouse for good reason but not the one you think:
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c ... 52871.html

Rotoworld:
Maxwell has not been active since Week 3 in part because of a hamstring injury but mostly because he fell out of favor with the coaching staff. Despite a disappointing start to the year, Maxwell should find another team quickly. He played well last season and was often used by Miami to shadow No. 1 receivers. The Dolphins will move forward with Xavien Howard and Cordrea Tankersley at corner.

Dolphins Alterraun Verner
DA8JoPqXgAMjhid
Passer Rating Against AFC East1

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":8vi0y4c5 said:
We don't have the $$$ and IMO this is going to become sacrificing the future for now. Already shifted multiple millions to next year.

He is being paid by Miami. He will be paid a prorated vet minimum salary. He is as cheap as any player out there. You should do your homework before you break out your "mortgaging the future" argument.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
I'm not sure why some fans think Maxwell is some sort of savior? This guy single handedly cost us games while he was here last. There's is no better example in the league of a player benefiting from the players around him and having a Superbowl victory handed to him! He has proven that he is no commodity by the trajectory of his career after Seattle. He parlayed his success in Seattle to big time money elsewhere but proved it was undeserving! If he was just brought back for depth, fine, but stud corner? Not a chance! Strange to me that so many of you forgot the OG LOB was Browner, Sherm, Earl, and Kam. Physicality from Kam and Browner, punctuated by speed and power from Earl, and length, skill, and swag from Sherm. The small pieces that changed since have worked but it can never be replicated and now that a piece is gone for the season we are as done as burnt toast!

sutz

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":y711a26y said:
I'm not sure why some fans think Maxwell is some sort of savior? This guy single handedly cost us games while he was here last. There's is no better example in the league of a player benefiting from the players around him and having a Superbowl victory handed to him! He has proven that he is no commodity by the trajectory of his career after Seattle. He parlayed his success in Seattle to big time money elsewhere but proved it was undeserving! If he was just brought back for depth, fine, but stud corner? Not a chance! Strange to me that so many of you forgot the OG LOB was Browner, Sherm, Earl, and Kam. Physicality from Kam and Browner, punctuated by speed and power from Earl, and length, skill, and swag from Sherm. The small pieces that changed since have worked but it can never be replicated and now that a piece is gone for the season we are as done as burnt toast!
I don't see how anybody is calling either Maxie or Lane "saviors." The Defensive Backs squad is kind of thin, so we sign a vet to help out. Shaq Griffin has some upside for a rookie. Things look a little grim, maybe, but we're putting 11 players on the field, still. Next man up.

Latest posts