Lack of a Better Title (Some Positive Rambling)

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Finally proof-read my post, oh my. I had typed from my phone just before work.

On Hauscka, it would be more of a 3m base plus incentive qualifiers maybe based on % on FG made and XP made to push it to 4m.

On the team and Championship window, as much as the media didnt, teams around the league took noticed what Carroll was doing here and quickly. Physical, smashmouth approach built behind a dominant run game and a simple defense built with unique characters into a historical force.

Dan Quinn is a prime example of pretty much copying Pete's approach, save for Pete didn't have the luxury of inheriting Matt Ryan and Julio Jones. But look at all that youth he installed that's just now coming together on D.

Cowboys, investing in a dominant running game, young defense built on competition. Do they even start Prescott, if the league never known the success of Russell Wilson?

A lot of teams have been investing in bigger secondaries and unique players, look at the last 2 drafts and its crazy how many DBs are being taken in the first 3 rounds.

Broncos won a Superbowl buying a D after SB 48. Saints lost 2 seasons also buying a D and having it back fire. Giants look at what they invested in thier Defense.

Chiefs are another example of some Seahawkness. As good as Charles was, the team found more success behind a big, physical RB and a very opportunistic, stingy defense.

But no team since 2013, have invested more and have took more notice of what the Rams, Cards, and Panthers have done defensively against the Seahawks. This team has also taken notice like many Offenses have since that SD game in '14 in attacking the Seahawks D. That team is the Green Bay Packers. Look what they have invested on D over the years especially on DLine, they have built their entire roster to be Seahawks beaters.

Over the last 2-3 years, I don't think the Seahawks have been any less talented in whole than 2013. I just think more teams are prepared, more teams are emulating the Seahawks physical approach and developing our philosophies. The league is tougher and harder, because we have to beat more teams at our own game. And that's what happens in the NFL. Teams look at your success, they raid your roster, your coaches, your draft tendacies, philosophies and approach and try to copy it. We've kind of slowly been adapting to it, but I would expect some tweaks this season that would give the Seahawks a new edge.

On the O-Line, again this is the first time since 2012 to 2013 where the Seahawks have the resources to return at least 7 guys, and all 5 majority starters if they keep Gilliam. Since '14, Seahawks have lost 2 key OL each season. Giac/McQuistan, Unger/Carp, and Okung/Sweezy. That's alot of experience to lose.

It's true to say G to G the Seahawks are set. Britt was stellar, and you could see flashes of potential of what Glowinski and Ifedi can become. However, I feel even adding the rest to the mix, you got a solid nucleus to build around. A young nucleus that is still growing and will continue to galvanize together. Oline play, imo, is 1 part talent, 2 parts experience and chemistry. You can have 5 talented players but if they aren't in tune to each other, working together, or understanding thier assignments or scheme, you'll have a mess.

So that's where my optimism and outlook is at, that these guys will all return in 2017 more prepared, more educated, more familiar together physically and mentally, hopefully bigger and stronger as well.

I remember on the radio, someone was talking about the early to mid 2000s Oline... they said something like other than Walt and Hutch, no one else on the Seahawks O line were particularly talented or physically overwhelming, but they had a vast amount of experience and that the group in whole was tight like a family, they jokingly used a metaphor that they were spoon-feeding each other at lunch they were that close.

So, while I don't think the Oline is particularly talented I feel the overall growth that these guys will take individually and together could lead to vast improvement across the board. I think Cable has to be ecstatic about the opportunity with having a familiar nucleus returning all with experience that he can continue to coach and develop in his system against molding a new set of starters.

Of course as always as a fan, I would love to push the threshold of competition or continue to raise the floor. Which is why I personally went after Okung and Giacomini, if they both find themselves free agents, to help solidify the unit. Okung for 1-2 seasons to allow and help Fant develop his mechanics and season a bit. And Giacomini to provide a veteran presence of depth, insurance, and competition at whatever happens at RT and be a template of how to play physically with toughness, nastiness, and an edge. Giacomini being someone like what McQuistan was in 2011. An average at best player on the decline, McQ was someone who kind of helped transition Cable's ZBS to the Seahawks relatively young O-Line that year. While also being a template that having mental toughness and playing physical and nasty as well as trusting the system can overcome a lack of overall skill and athleticism to be serviceable assest.

The good news is the 2017 Oline isnt short on size and athleticism but is more or less weighed down in 2016 by mental defiencies due to youth and inexperience and that overwhelming sense of nature of toughness and grit to impose a constant, nasty physicality. Skill comes within coaching, development, and experience.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2zpaquft said:

On Hauscka, it would be more of a 3m base plus incentive qualifiers maybe based on % on FG made and XP made to push it to 4m.

On the team and Championship window, as much as the media didnt, teams around the league took noticed what Carroll was doing here and quickly. Physical, smashmouth approach built behind a dominant run game and a simple defense built with unique characters into a historical force.

Dan Quinn is a prime example of pretty much copying Pete's approach, save for Pete didn't have the luxury of inheriting Matt Ryan and Julio Jones. But look at all that youth he installed that's just now coming together on D.

Cowboys, investing in a dominant running game, young defense built on competition. Do they even start Prescott, if the league never known the success of Russell Wilson?

A lot of teams have been investing in bigger secondaries and unique players, look at the last 2 drafts and its crazy how many DBs are being taken in the first 3 rounds.

Broncos won a Superbowl buying a D after SB 48. Saints lost 2 seasons also buying a D and having it back fire. Giants look at what they invested in thier Defense.

Chiefs are another example of some Seahawkness. As good as Charles was, the team found more success behind a big, physical RB and a very opportunistic, stingy defense.

But no team since 2013, have invested more and have took more notice of what the Rams, Cards, and Panthers have done defensively against the Seahawks. This team has also taken notice like many Offenses have since that SD game in '14 in attacking the Seahawks D. That team is the Green Bay Packers. Look what they have invested on D over the years especially on DLine, they have built their entire roster to be Seahawks beaters.

Over the last 2-3 years, I don't think the Seahawks have been any less talented in whole than 2013. I just think more teams are prepared, more teams are emulating the Seahawks physical approach and developing our philosophies. The league is tougher and harder, because we have to beat more teams at our own game. And that's what happens in the NFL. Teams look at your success, they raid your roster, your coaches, your draft tendacies, philosophies and approach and try to copy it. We've kind of slowly been adapting to it, but I would expect some tweaks this season that would give the Seahawks a new edge.

On the O-Line, again this is the first time since 2012 to 2013 where the Seahawks have the resources to return at least 7 guys, and all 5 majority starters if they keep Gilliam. Since '14, Seahawks have lost 2 key OL each season. Giac/McQuistan, Unger/Carp, and Okung/Sweezy. That's alot of experience to lose.

It's true to say G to G the Seahawks are set. Britt was stellar, and you could see flashes of potential of what Glowinski and Ifedi can become. However, I feel even adding the rest to the mix, you got a solid nucleus to build around. A young nucleus that is still growing and will continue to galvanize together. Oline play, imo, is 1 part talent, 2 parts experience and chemistry. You can have 5 talented players but if they aren't in tune to each other, working together, or understanding thier assignments or scheme, you'll have a mess.

So that's where my optimism and outlook is at, that these guys will all return in 2017 more prepared, more educated, more familiar together physically and mentally, hopefully bigger and stronger as well.

I remember on the radio, someone was talking about the early to mid 2000s Oline... they said something like other than Walt and Hutch, no one else on the Seahawks O line were particularly talented or physically overwhelming, but they had a vast amount of experience and that the group in whole was tight like a family, they jokingly used a metaphor that they were spoon-feeding each other at lunch they were that close.

So, while I don't think the Oline is particularly talented I feel the overall growth that these guys will take individually and together could lead to vast improvement across the board. I think Cable has to be ecstatic about the opportunity with having a familiar nucleus returning all with experience that he can continue to coach and develop in his system against molding a new set of starters.

Of course as always as a fan, I would love to push the threshold of competition or continue to raise the floor. Which is why I personally went after Okung and Giacomini, if they both find themselves free agents, to help solidify the unit. Okung for 1-2 seasons to allow and help Fant develop his mechanics and season a bit. And Giacomini to provide a veteran presence of depth, insurance, and competition at whatever happens at RT and be a template of how to play physically with toughness, nastiness, and an edge. Giacomini being someone like what McQuistan was in 2011. An average at best player on the decline, McQ was someone who kind of helped transition Cable's ZBS to the Seahawks relatively young O-Line that year. While also being a template that having mental toughness and playing physical and nasty as well as trusting the system can overcome a lack of overall skill and athleticism to be serviceable assest.

The good news is the 2017 Oline isnt short on size and athleticism but is more or less weighed down in 2016 by mental defiencies due to youth and inexperience and that overwhelming sense of nature of toughness and grit to impose a constant, nasty physicality. Skill comes within coaching, development, and experience.

I like both posts. They do kinda ring true. Just one question, How much longer do we have Britt? Is he gonna be gone next year after the playoffs or if we seem to get there..the Owl? Then are we back to subnormal again? I am not being a downer, just realistic with a concern.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
:180670:
Seahawkfan80":2wqq34ak said:
Pandion Haliaetus":2wqq34ak said:

I like both posts. They do kinda ring true. Just one question, How much longer do we have Britt? Is he gonna be gone next year after the playoffs or if we seem to get there..the Owl? Then are we back to subnormal again? I am not being a downer, just realistic with a concern.

1 more season which why I hope they extend them this year and actually keep a solid plus OL from testing the market.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3dy60oon said:
:180670:

1 more season which why I hope they extend them this year and actually keep a solid plus OL from testing the market.

Thank you sir.

Anthony!

Reaction score
nash72":1wo3ksuv said:
Siouxhawk":1wo3ksuv said:
I'm optimistic that we will win another Super Bowl in the next 3 years.

Here's why:

1. Our quarterback seems to add a dimension to his game and become a more complete player each and every year. This upcoming season I fully expect him to gain that confidence to throw better balls in tighter windows or even throw a receiver open.

I understand RW was injured most of last season and there isnt a QB i'd rather have, but I thought he regressed last season. I've always thought he throws a poor deep ball and this season was no different. Its just frustrating seeing him over throw and under throw wide open receivers down the field when other QB's like Rogers, Brady, and Ben make those throws look like routine. I just hope he regains his mobility and works on his accuracy. He's a winner regardless and thats the most important thing I guess. .

Yeah the facts dont support that poor deep ball thing at all

Throwing it deep and accurately

The average NFL quarterback completed 35 percent of his passes on throws at least 21 yards downfield. The top quarterbacks in completion percentage on those passes were Kirk Cousins of the Redskins (49.3 percent), Russell Wilson of the Seahawks (49.2 percent), Andrew Luck of the Colts (49.1 percent) and Matt Ryan of the Falcons (48.2 percent)."

http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post ... ls-in-2016

FYi Brady, Rodgers and Ben miss them too, and over and under throw them as well, as the facts show Russ is really good at it. FYI he has always been in the top 5 in deep ball accuracy