Looking to visit Seattle

ManBunts

Reaction score
Greenhell":33zx56ma said:
45Hawker":33zx56ma said:
Seahawks1983":33zx56ma said:
40 bucks for a taxi is a rip off. Take the light rail from the airport into down town for $2.50.
True, but LINK takes 40+ minutes. A taxi takes like 17 minutes and drops you (and your bags) off directly in front of your hotel. Another example of how true that "life is compromise" saying really is. :D

True but he's never been to Seattle the extra time can be enjoyed seeing parts of the city even if its by light rail. That's what the wife and I did a few years ago. Best couple of bucks I've ever spent.

A cab takes 17 minutes in ideal traffic.You're talking about gameday. Traffic will not be ideal. Light rail drops you right there. Take the light rail in if you stay in SeaTac. You can cab back if you've drank so much you don't want to deal with waiting for the ride back. All that said, IF you stay in SeaTac

Keep an eye on hotwire and nab something downtown. And I mean downtown, no Belltown. Downtown you're in walking distance to Pioneer Square restaurants, bars, stadiums, SODO for breweries, ferries for Brainbridge, water Taxi for Alki, Cap Hill for more bars and food.

Look at it this way, time and money to commute between SeaTac, or $50/night more for downtown. I think it's worth it. Unless you have a really crappy 5am flight out, and it's that much more convenient, but if you're coming from FL, and you want to experience the city, stay in the city. Oh and staying in town means being close for some early tailgating.