Lions @ Cowboys

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Can someone explain the thing about it being illegal because he wasn't covered? Were they saying if he had checked in it still would have been illegal formation?
Apparently he didn't report...Campbell seemed adamant he did. Refs just didn't hear it I guess...just an honest mistake...

Welshers2

Reaction score
Apparently he didn't report...Campbell seemed adamant he did. Refs just didn't hear it I guess...just an honest mistake...
Yeah watching the replay it looks like the ref didn't hear it but he did report

James in PA

Reaction score
The ref "didn't hear" but he did report. How convenient. This WWnFl is just exasperating.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Can someone explain the thing about it being illegal because he wasn't covered? Were they saying if he had checked in it still would have been illegal formation?
No, I think the officiating expert on the broadcast was just listing penalties that would apply if he hadn't reported.

As it was, assuming he did report (which it really looked like he did) the formation was fine. The receiver to his left was like a yard back.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
It's already been confirmed he did report. Refs just made a mistake...darn..these things happen. Oh well onto tomorrow...I am sure it won't happen again.

cymatica

Reaction score
No, I think the officiating expert on the broadcast was just listing penalties that would apply if he hadn't reported.

As it was, assuming he did report (which it really looked like he did) the formation was fine. The receiver to his left was like a yard back.
According to the ref, #70 was lined up covered and they would have called illegal formation if not for the illegal touching. Can anyone confirm this?