Lions/9ers

Ozzy

Reaction score
Pass block win rate is a single stat that captures a narrow situation, which is "how often was a pressure recorded in 2.5 seconds or less?"

If you're calling that a better, more complete stat than a combined view of the amount of pressures allowed, the percentage of snaps on which a pressure was allowed, overall pocket time, and hurries allowed, then I don't know how we can even continue from here on a good faith discussion.

I agree. I’m not sure this debate can be done in good faith.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
You’re on Reddit right? Someone takes every metric from every major site and compile them. Hint Niners are bad and the Seahawks are bad. You said Purdy is good because the whole system around him is incredible. I showed you it’s not. And even if it was Purdy still makes a ton of plays and is better than you give him credit for
You have shown me a single stat that is compiled by ESPN in which the 49ers rank 20th.

Ozzy

Reaction score
But neither would do well or be able to lead a team with just so so weapons etc..

You may be right? My point is saying Purdy is only good because of everything else is wild to me. Apparently most of you guys disagree and that’s fine. He made a ton of off script plays in his second year in the league in a conference championship game after almost going undrafted. I think that’s pretty cool.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Mael read what I wrote above. I’m not going to get into another Geno type debate with you, I think what Purdy is going is pretty special. You don’t. That’s fine

Cyrus12

Reaction score
You may be right? My point is saying Purdy is only good because of everything else is wild to me. Apparently most of you guys disagree and that’s fine. He made a ton of off script plays in his second year in the league in a conference championship game after almost going undrafted. I think that’s pretty cool.
Okay I'll agree to see the last pick of the draft have this success is not something you see. However imo he did enough to lose both playoff games to date with dangerous and bad throws but somehow the opposition imploded. I just don't see anything other than a Dilfer scenario with great coaching and a great team. Stats say different though..

NoGain

Reaction score
Two of the three best teams this year got into the SB. That's perhaps best for all. Makes for a potential great game.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
well, just as well, my fubo account has run out.. on the 31st.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Okay I'll agree to see the last pick of the draft have this success is not something you see. However imo he did enough to lose both playoff games to date with dangerous and bad throws but somehow the opposition imploded. I just don't see anything other than a Dilfer scenario with great coaching and a great team. Stats say different though..

It’s almost unprecedented to have the numbers Purdy has, with a below average line and not be good.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Go compare dilfers numbers with Purdy tho: you can have a 115 passer rating 30 plus touchdowns single digit picks etc and be dilfer. Dilfer was terrible
Different era. Maybe Dilfer was a bad comparison but imo Purdy is a systems qb that works for what the niners want him to do. Dilfer was the same and both teams are/were stacked

hoxrox

Reaction score
The wheels are going to come off in Detroit next season. That was a choke job, plain and simple.

And the coach. Well, not the smartest decisions today. He's also the type that doubles down on his mistakes instead of learning from them.
Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Ozzy

Reaction score
It’s almost unprecedented to have the numbers Purdy has, with a below average line and not be good.
And for getting laughed at by maelstrom and the other dude for saying he’s in the mvp conversation….he made a ton of plays in the second half to bail his team out. He did what he had to