Lane needs knee surgery too.

cacksman

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":v81jljgm said:
We already have to draft one or two corners, and now we're going to have to try and sign at least one, if not two FA corners.

Ain't no way we can go into camp with Simon as our starting outside DB and Burley or Shead at the slot.

And there's no way we will. Zero chance. Probably will draft 2 CBs and sign at least one on top of it.

King Dog

Reaction score
Wow. It didn't look that bad. We need to start shopping for a replacement I guess. No way we can depend on a guy who gets absolutely torn up on a routine tackle :(

On a different note, Simon blowwwwwws

MrThortan

Reaction score
Wow that sucks for Lane. Could have been using this time to develop rather than heal. We have done pretty good at developing CBs, so hopefully we see some surprises at the start of next season. Lot of beat up guys on the Hawks that need surgery etc. Hoping for the best.

netskier

Reaction score
I thought at the time that that tackle seemed intended to injure Lane's knee, so much so that I was surprised to learn of his arm injury.

Probably a good idea to coach the pass interceptors the basics of how to defend themselves against malicious tackles, as I am sure all running backs have been taught, or at least learned.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
JonRud":accp8406 said:
I wish Brady never threw that ball right to Lane.
How about just wishing Lane would have stayed put in the EZ.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
It seems Simon is getting Bevell type treatment right now. It was his first year of action and didn't he miss the pre-season? I think he's got a very bright future and I'm not going to be so short sided as to let one game effect the way I view him. which is an eventual starter in the LOB.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2tahordt said:
It seems Simon is getting Bevell type treatment right now. It was his first year of action and didn't he miss the pre-season? I think he's got a very bright future and I'm not going to be so short sided as to let one game effect the way I view him. which is an eventual starter in the LOB.

I haven't given up on Simon and doubt the coaches have either. He had a terrific regular season before breaking a finger and separating his shoulder. After that, his play went downhill fast. He was abused by Kelvin Benjamin upon his return in the playoffs. He has all the natural ability and instincts to become a great corner.

netskier

Reaction score
Sean Payton was suspended for a year for paying bounties to create "fluke accidents" that just happen to injure opponents sufficiently to remove them from the game. I call that bounties for malicious play, and so did the NFL.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2e56tlhn said:
Hawkfan77":2e56tlhn said:

I haven't given up on Simon and doubt the coaches have either. He had a terrific regular season before breaking a finger and separating his shoulder. After that, his play went downhill fast. He was abused by Kelvin Benjamin upon his return in the playoffs. He has all the natural ability and instincts to become a great corner.
This is where I'm at with him. I thought he showed a lot during the regular season. Maybe he rushed back a little too soon? Plus, he was never part of the game plan vs WRs like Edelman.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Wow, I just went out and watched video of Lane's arm injury. The networks wouldn't show it during the game; now I understand why; it was hideous to watch. However....

It now seems that the gruesome arm injury was likely in reaction to getting his ACL blown out on the same play. If you're airborne and you just blew your knee, and it hurts like a beeyotch, in that instant, that knee is all you're thinking about, just getting down out of the air to deal with the knee. So he plants his arm in a way he otherwise never would, and we see the result.

Has the team confirmed that the ACL injury in fact occurred on that same play? (As opposed to being a lingering issue)

EDIT: Checked the article and answered my own question. Team confirmed that the ACL injury happened on the same play.

timmat

Reaction score
I wonder if this influences the organization's position on Maxwell?