KJ Wright: I wouldn't pay Geno more than $20M

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
True. He's more valuable to the Hawks than anyone else. But it's not out of the question to expect that Pete might let him test the market. He's always been good about letting a guy test the market first.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Lock is a free agent too...
I think the hawks like lock and they would get him for much less money. Im not advocating for anything just looking at the possibilities that being said if its true that Carroll thinks his system is QB friendly and now Lock has had another year to understand the O it must be something they are talking about. Is it the right choice? Im not sure...

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
If Geno continues to turn the ball over, then there is no difference between Lock and Geno. With Lock you get a more mobile guy that costs less. I still think Lock has yet to be fully developed and his ceiling hasn't been reached.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
If Geno continues to turn the ball over, then there is no difference between Lock and Geno. With Lock you get a more mobile guy that costs less. I still think Lock has yet to be fully developed and his ceiling hasn't been reached.
Lock sucks. Geno is 6-3 let it go

SonicHawk

Reaction score
We're talking next season right? I'm not advocating for benching Geno. I'm saying if you want mediocre play you can pay less for it next year.
Yeah, you're not getting mediocre play from Drew Lock. If you like being 3-14 that's how you do it.

Why is it the assumption that Lock is somehow equal to Geno? Geno is, this year, almost perfectly the 15th rated QB in many statistics. The problem with this is, having someone perform better than 15th in the league is not easy.

Fade

Reaction score
Yeah, you're not getting mediocre play from Drew Lock. If you like being 3-14 that's how you do it.

Why is it the assumption that Lock is somehow equal to Geno? Geno is, this year, almost perfectly the 15th rated QB in many statistics. The problem with this is, having someone perform better than 15th in the league is not easy.
Which statistics?

WarHawks

Reaction score

Yeah, we should just settle for 15th. Why bother having a great qb? All they do is throw the ball and hand it off. Investing multiple firsts for a safety is obviously the best route to a sb.

knownone

Reaction score
Yards (15), CMP (21), TD(17), Succ% (8), Y/A (14), Y/C (12), Y/G (13), QBR (17), ANY/A (14).

Did you know Geno is the fifth most pressured QB in the NFL this year?
Don't forget PFF, CPOE, and DBSR. Oh, he's also at 6th at mitigating turnovers, sacks, and negative plays. It's crazy how some of these metrics counter the negative perception surrounding Geno.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Yeah, we should just settle for 15th. Why bother having a great qb? All they do is throw the ball and hand it off. Investing multiple firsts for a safety is obviously the best route to a sb.

View attachment 61909
Okay Mr. "Grass is Greener on the Other Side -- Know-It-All, with a goofy Vid. clip, who you got that's ACTUALLY AVAILABLE, AND is A FOOL-PROOF B-E-T-T-E-R option?????? Yeah your silence is deafening.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Okay Mr. "Grass is Greener on the Other Side -- Know-It-All, with a goofy Vid. clip, who you got that's ACTUALLY AVAILABLE, AND is A FOOL-PROOF B-E-T-T-E-R option?????? Yeah your silence is deafening.
No one, because instead of trying to draft one, we keep trading away picks on defensive players. Reading comprehension is a valuable skill.