KJ Wright: I wouldn't pay Geno more than $20M

WarHawks

Reaction score
Do you think Brock Purdy is a top 5 QB?
I don't care if he is or isn't. Whatever magic a player has or doesn't have doesn't always translate directly to another team. We've seen that countless times. All that matters is what the Hawks do, or to be more precise, don't seem to want to do.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
No one, because instead of trying to draft one, we keep trading away picks on defensive players. Reading comprehension is a valuable skill.
So you admit that you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to drafting players...IF NO Decent Quarterbacks to Draft, you HAVE TO take players to better the ENTIRE TEAM, otherwise you'd just be WASTING a HIGHER ROUND picks on players that you don't believe will get you to the top 10-15 QB in the League.
I have WAAAAAAY more faith in JS & PC than I do ANY of y'all expert complainers here on .NET.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
That's nice. Good for you.
Prove me wrong WarHawks. You CANNOT because You (like a few others in here) are using your hatred for Pete Carroll like a make-believe mirage sword.
Y'all are on the same 'Hate Pete Carroll' train, so y'all are wrongly agreeing with each other.
You & they have a right to YOUR Opinions, but ya can't dismiss the facts to make your erroneous claims and think that there's nobody out there that is going to call you out when you do it.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
Yeah, we should just settle for 15th. Why bother having a great qb? All they do is throw the ball and hand it off. Investing multiple firsts for a safety is obviously the best route to a sb.

View attachment 61909
While I agree trading multiple firsts for a safety was a mistake great QBs do not grow on trees.
Look what heppened to the Jets after deciding Geno wasn't good enough, they spent a 4th Round pick on Petty, 2nd round pick on Hackenburg, 3rd Overall on Darnold and 2nd Overall on Wilson. Ryan Fitzpatrick did OK his first season with the Jets but in 2016 was so bad he couldn't hold his place to Geno and then Petty.

It is early days yet but stroud might well develop into a great QB but at the time of the draft the Panthers Traded away two 1sts two 2nds and DJ morre to get Young. People pretend they know that if a college star will make it in the NFL but its a dice roll, the best ones, (those that get picked in the in the top 3 overall) might have a 30-40% chance of becoming a top 15 QB and the later the pick the lower the odds.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Yards (15), CMP (21), TD(17), Succ% (8), Y/A (14), Y/C (12), Y/G (13), QBR (17), ANY/A (14).

Did you know Geno is the fifth most pressured QB in the NFL this year?
Don't forget PFF, CPOE, and DBSR. Oh, he's also at 6th at mitigating turnovers, sacks, and negative plays. It's crazy how some of these metrics counter the negative perception surrounding Geno.

DVOA (11th), DYAR (12th), ANY/A (14th), (low) int% (tied for 16th), (low) sack% (tied for 12th), 4QC (tied for 4th), GWD (tied for 2nd), total air yards on completions (15th), air yards per completion (17th), completed air yards per pass attempt (14th), QB total passing yards (15th)...

Smith has so far this season been a middle-of-the-league QB. And his "expensive" cap hits for the next two seasons will be safely below the median starting-QB cap hit. This season, his cap hit is $10.1M, so the cap accounting of his contract has been very favorable for the Seahawks in this perceived-as-bad season. Replacing a middle-of-the-pack NFL QB with such reasonable cap numbers is a lot harder than some folks around here seem to think it would be.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Prove me wrong WarHawks. You CANNOT because You (like a few others in here) are using your hatred for Pete Carroll like a make-believe mirage sword.
Y'all are on the same 'Hate Pete Carroll' train, so y'all are wrongly agreeing with each other.
You & they have a right to YOUR Opinions, but ya can't dismiss the facts to make your erroneous claims and think that there's nobody out there that is going to call you out when you do it.
So, I'm entitled to my opinion, but only yours is valid. Lol! How nice it must be to live in your world. Wow. Carry on.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
So, I'm entitled to my opinion, but only yours is valid. Lol! How nice it must be to live in your world. Wow. Carry on.
You're entitled to your opinion, but it doesn't mean you've made the argument strong enough for someone else to think it's of equal value. Opinions =/=, especially when you've attacked others opinions with poor arguments.

We all want a top 5 QB, we're all onthe same page, but you make it seem like we could replace Geno with a bag of balls and have the same outcome.

WarHawks

Reaction score
You're entitled to your opinion, but it doesn't mean you've made the argument strong enough for someone else to think it's of equal value. Opinions =/=, especially when you've attacked others opinions with poor arguments.

We all want a top 5 QB, we're all onthe same page, but you make it seem like we could replace Geno with a bag of balls and have the same outcome.
Good grief. I've said no such thing. Mindless.

WarHawks

Reaction score
No, not embarrassing, I just don't care. I'm entitled to my opinion based on what Ive seen and I don't have to be a stat geek to justify it. Deal with it.

Latest posts