Just met Marshawn Lynch!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I think his reply is rather hilarious personally. Its exactly what I would expect from Marshawn, and I think its awesome.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Me too, doubt he was trying to be a "dick". In reality he owes you nothing. whatsoever.

OP
OP
The Yugoslavian

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2n9xjy9d said:
The bigger shock in all of this is you're still rocking an Aaron Curry sig :)

LOL! :D I'm eating crow I guess considering how much I hyped him up before we picked him, and plus I am proud of the job I did creating it :p .

JSeahawk":2n9xjy9d said:
I think his reply is rather hilarious personally.

Yeah me too man lol. I was laughing as I was walking out the door

Minne

Reaction score
Let alone he was on the phone talking to someone. He was prolly mad about that to.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
JSeahawks":17jmbq66 said:
I think his reply is rather hilarious personally. Its exactly what I would expect from Marshawn, and I think its awesome.

My sentiments exactly. I would have laughed my ass off.

pinksheets

Reaction score
This is why I don't like approaching celebrities. I did meet Flava Flav at the airport in Vegas years ago, but he became visibly frustrated (beyond being visibly on some kind of cocktail of hard drugs and prescription medications) as the crowd failed to cease flowing and asking for pictures.

Still, I just feel like it's a bother and just kind of awkward to be going about your regular mundane business and be asked to pose for photos, have people snap photos of you doing mundane things, etc.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
SNDavidson":2itrc63s said:
Me too, doubt he was trying to be a "dick". In reality he owes you nothing. whatsoever.

You're right, he gets paid millions of dollars to play a game because... well... just because!

I understand that athletes don't want to be surrounded all day by adoring fans making peoples day/week/month/year/life because they took a stupid picture with them. But it seems in this situation he could have smiled and been on his way. Not even get off the phone, lean over, take picture.

If you're nice to him, politely ask for a picture, I think he should take that picture. If suddenly there's a crowd then yes, I can see someone getting ignored... but just a random guy at a gas station?

OP
OP
The Yugoslavian

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
Yeah forreal, I had my camera on my phone ready and everything, would've taken him no more then 5 seconds and he would've been on his way...

pehawk

Reaction score
Maybe Marshaun's just a bit shy? Kind of the vibe he gives off.

And, his comment read to me like some pointed, but benign, humor.

bingotown

Reaction score
Yeah I can understand the line of people that may gather, but 1 guy at a gas station? Dickhead, straight up. He can run for 1700 yards and carry this team, doesn't mean he has to be a dickhead. I've meet some popular people before, never had anyone be a straight up dick.

MrCarey

Reaction score
Ask for his autograph at a signing event, not in a regular public place where he is just trying to do his thing. I would not want it done to me.

pehawk

Reaction score
bingotown":2i0xk1w8 said:
Yeah I can understand the line of people that may gather, but 1 guy at a gas station? Dickhead, straight up. He can run for 1700 yards and carry this team, doesn't mean he has to be a dickhead. I've meet some popular people before, never had anyone be a straight up dick.

What? I dont see the correlation.

His comment wasn't dickish. It's all in the delivery.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Wow, some of these posts are idiotic. People are interesting.

VHawk

Reaction score
Maybe wrong place at the wrong time.You never know what he was dealing with at that moment and dude was on the phone too....coulda been some real personal stuff.

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
bingotown":2co0v7jz said:

Post like this are more dickish than anything Lynch did. The entitlement some people judge the world with is comical.

BTW, have any of you guys seen Lynch on the Real Rob Report? Guy is a different cat. Even with his teammates.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Marshawn is very shy. I think that's it more than anything.

Maybe shy is the wrong word - he's humble and unassuming, but also a character.

It's cool that you got to meet him.

ivotuk

Reaction score
hawksfan515":3ekk5kyu said:
jkitsune":3ekk5kyu said:
Yeah, I'm not surprised to hear it, and like I said, still a huge Lynch fan as a player, but I expect players to be more accomodating to fans. IMO it's part of the job.

Wouldn't be surprised if you got bashed for saying this, but I gotta agree.

I agree too, they get paid millions to play the game they love and that money comes directly from fans. They should have the courtesy to take 60 seconds out of their day to take a picture. If it were a big crowd of people, I could see him being leery about it, but one guy?

Fans on the other hand don't make that kind of money or enjoy the celebrity, many struggle to make ends meet but unwaveringly support their team by spending hard-earned money on tickets, jerseys and the products that pay for the TV contracts.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
First thing I thought of was that sounded like Marshawn being Marshawn. He's "a strange dude" I think one player put it one time, but I think he's shy away from the game and not necessarily someone with an obvious sense of humor. It cracks me up thinking he was probably caught off guard and that is what came out of his mouth.

That's okay Marshawn. You don't have to be Steve Largent off the field. As long as you're Beast Mode on the field, we're all good.

pehawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":13q9iido said:
Fans on the other hand don't make that kind of money or enjoy the celebrity, many struggle to make ends meet but unwaveringly support their team by spending hard-earned money on tickets, jerseys and the products that pay for the TV contracts.

Not saying its the case, BUT, the whole "they get paid millions to play a game" seems to be jealousy. I dont understand what someone's salary has to do with anything? Why would anyone care how much money someone does or doesn't make? If they make more - so? Why does that factor into anything?

They're not celebrities, their athletes. They get paid to perform, NOT take pictures or be PC to everyone. If anything the issue is the fans raising people who carry a ball well to diety levels. Because they carry a ball well, they should be better people?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
ivotuk":3l1077zf said:
hawksfan515":3l1077zf said:
jkitsune":3l1077zf said:
Yeah, I'm not surprised to hear it, and like I said, still a huge Lynch fan as a player, but I expect players to be more accomodating to fans. IMO it's part of the job.

Wouldn't be surprised if you got bashed for saying this, but I gotta agree.

I agree too, they get paid millions to play the game they love and that money comes directly from fans. They should have the courtesy to take 60 seconds out of their day to take a picture. If it were a big crowd of people, I could see him being leery about it, but one guy?

The bolded part is exactly right. They get paid millions to play the game. They dont get paid to be all chummy and bff's with any fans they happen to run into.

And I hate to break it to anybody who might think differently... but they dont play for us. Most of them probably couldnt care less about us, or think its silly how devoted we are to them. They play for their family and their loved ones, the pay check and hopefully the love of the game. But not for the fans.