Observations from VMAC - Sunday, July 28

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":zaczxcto said:
You guys see Baldwin and Sherm jawing at each other? I thought a fight was going to break out. It was pretty intense. I wonder if that always happens at practice.

Also, did anyone see Harvin out there today? Didn't see him at all.

Yeah, we saw that. Competitive spirit!

Harvin wasn't there....I think he is on the way to NYC.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
It makes perfect sense to me that Marshawn would sit in on a DLIne hand-fighting drill.

Marshawn's 'free hand' when carrying the football is more active pulling, pushing and swatting and slapping at defenders and their outstretched hands, arms, facemasks and, at times, torsos than any running back I have ever seen at any level. I noticed that about him immediately when he entered the NFL.

I mean, I'm sure he was just goofing off in the drill. But Marshawn has a real unique talent at hand-fighting and I wouldn't be surprised if DLinemen could benefit from training with him.

rjdriver

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1cidpyne said:
rjdriver":1cidpyne said:
Going to our first training camp on Tuesday. Didn't know you had to get there that early. I have four kids (some young), so 6:30 Am is not going to fly, what is a reasonable time to arrive at the busses? I am going on a Tuesday so I am assuming there may be less people there, but quite honestly don't know what to expect. Flying in from Utah just to go, so I hope it doesn't rain out. Kids are hoping for lots of autograph opportunities!

You don't "have" to get there early....that was just to get optimal standing room at the fence with the volume of people going to camp these days.

The first bus leaves for VMAC around 8:30. The line was pretty well formed by 7:30 this morning...just be aware.

Thanks for the info Greg. We are so excited. If I have half the experience you did, it will be worth it!

Probably roll in at about 8:30..... I'll check out the website again, but anything that's a "must bring" , let us know!!

gabel

Reaction score
He may be the next Great White Hope in the hallowed name of Jesse Lumsden

First that is hilarious and second you have to be a really hard corer to remember Mr. Lumsden's brief Training camp stay.

Really enjoyed reading your piece, the pictures and detailing your family's experience brought it all together.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Great job 'Airplane Greg', nice commentaries, and the pic's are icing on the cake for us Netters who can't make it to the camps.

grizbob

Reaction score
FG, you are a true asset to .net, it's posts like this that makes it easier to be displaced fans!! :th2thumbs:

Cartire

Reaction score
Good job Greg. And thanks for the pictures too. Add good flavor.

penihawk

Reaction score
Great write up Greg. Love to read fan perspective this time of year. By the way is that you up there in the 18 growler playing above my house all the time on the Olympic Peninsula?

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
That was great reading your camp observations, thank you! Did you notice how Howe and Coleman looked? It's hard to tell from the video feed, but it looks like to me that Coleman has some nice burst through the hole when he's running.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":3vd7k2fi said:
That was great reading your camp observations, thank you! Did you notice how Howe and Coleman looked? It's hard to tell from the video feed, but it looks like to me that Coleman has some nice burst through the hole when he's running.

Who is Howe...? You mean Howard?

Coleman got a lot of work. He has some skills, for sure. His problem is the pecking order ahead of him is so robust, he has no chance to crack the 53.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3sg9ddbm said:
CalgaryHawk":3sg9ddbm said:

Who is Howe...? You mean Howard?

Coleman got a lot of work. He has some skills, for sure. His problem is the pecking order ahead of him is so robust, he has no chance to crack the 53.

Sorry, I meant how did Howard the 2nd year dlineman look out there in your opinion?