Just met Marshawn Lynch!

pinksheets

Reaction score
Yeah, fans make the players rich.

Fans spend money on tickets to watch the games.
Fans spend money on jerseys to wear.
Fans spend money on all kinds of other things.

The point is, the fan spends the money to receive a certain product and they get it. Nowhere in that purchase is there an an implication that all NFL players must act as tourist attractions at the behest of fans in public.

You paid for a ticket, you got what a ticket gives you. You paid for some fabric and stitched on numbers, you're wearing it right now. You're not entitled to anymore just because you think you are.

morgulon1

Reaction score
pehawk":3ijxg2er said:
ivotuk":3ijxg2er said:
Fans on the other hand don't make that kind of money or enjoy the celebrity, many struggle to make ends meet but unwaveringly support their team by spending hard-earned money on tickets, jerseys and the products that pay for the TV contracts.

Not saying its the case, BUT, the whole "they get paid millions to play a game" seems to be jealousy. I dont understand what someone's salary has to do with anything? Why would anyone care how much money someone does or doesn't make? If they make more - so? Why does that factor into anything?

They're not celebrities, their athletes. They get paid to perform, NOT take pictures or be PC to everyone. If anything the issue is the fans raising people who carry a ball well to diety levels. Because they carry a ball well, they should be better people?

No it doesnt make an athelete a better person. They can catch aids, get dui's like the rest of us. The question I have of ANY of you is this....

If you were a professional athelete or perhaps a famous guitarist, would you stop what you were doing and take a picture with someone who requested one? No, a famous person isnt in any way required to take a picture with anyone.
Theyre not required to sign an autograph or do anything outside of what their actual job is. I've been lucky enough to meet a few Seahawks through the years and Ive come away liking a few of them more than I did before and some less.
The one thing I thought of though was what mood was the person in? These are people that have good days and bad days. Like another poster said, maybe he was on a very important call.

If it were me and someone thought enough of me? I'd take the fuggin picture and be done with it.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Hopefully I'll go to bed and dream tonight about this scenario as if I were The Yugoslavian, only my dreams would be so much better. I promise you all that I would've handled this situation with so much more grace. It would've been a major win for the 12th Man.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
:lol:
Hasselbeck":uh14jedp said:
I'd prefer for our franchise RB to not use a cell phone while pumping gas though.

I really don't know why...but this made me laugh out loud.
Thanks Hasselbeck.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
The Yugoslavian":1b7x4yoi said:

Here is the only pic I was able to get

^Exactly why he probably gets pissed about pictures. I don't blame him. Imagine dudes always taking secret pic's of you? Probably gets old.

djb28

Reaction score
An "Aw, Hell no" Is better than a stiff arm to the face!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Ah Hell no, that was a polite dismissal, for Marshawn anyway. I would have told you something far worse. He was pumping gas and talking to somebody he actually knows when a fly started buzzing around his head. He shoulda swatted it.

Can you imagine how things like this would make you not want to leave your house if you were him? Besides, if you have seen any of Robinson's videos, you know Marshawn does not want to be on camera in private moments.

If you really want some face time with Marshawn, go to one of the charity events he is part of, there are several.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
pinksheets":15wem1vh said:
Yeah, fans make the players rich.

Fans spend money on tickets to watch the games.
Fans spend money on jerseys to wear.
Fans spend money on all kinds of other things.

The point is, the fan spends the money to receive a certain product and they get it. Nowhere in that purchase is there an an implication that all NFL players must act as tourist attractions at the behest of fans in public.

You paid for a ticket, you got what a ticket gives you. You paid for some fabric and stitched on numbers, you're wearing it right now. You're not entitled to anymore just because you think you are.

Yo, pink, can I get a picture with you? Yeah, put your phone down for a minute and grab this squeegee. Now you start cleaning my windshield while I take a sip of this Big Gulp inside my car. I'll make the #1 sign with my finger, and you can glare through the windshield like I'm being intrusive, and I think I can get us both in the frame. And then once the picture's taken, I'll have part of your soul in my phone. Win win, baby!

What? No? Geez, what a dick you are. :141847_bnono:

truehawksfan

Reaction score
It's about the player and his personality. I haven't been to TC at the VMAC, but I saw pics where players would go to the fans - unsolicited - and sign autographs. Some players will run to the crowd after TDs and give high fives or throw gloves in the stands after games at the CLink.

Some will go to the pro shop and sign autographs there too.

It just strikes as Marshawn doesn't have that out going personality. It's just not in his nature to do it.

But, when you run into a player that has that type of personality -- um Buhner -- then I'd have a problem

Uffda

Reaction score
Can sort of understand the not wanting a picture taken thing ...

Just don't know where it's going to end up.

Ret. army. Did say no also if asked for a pic...

SNDavidson

Reaction score
It's easy to judge the whole exchange afterwards, but man, Marshawn's body language just screams awkward. The whole pointing your phone at him at a gas station was awkward, just the way it turned out I guess. He's just a dude. Albeit a very gifted one.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
As far as fans who pay for tickets, jerseys, etc., having a right to on-demand approachable athletes, I have to go with the old adage "You get what you pay for."

If it was printed on your ticket or on the clothing tag that "this purchase entitles you to friendly interaction with any member of the team at any time and place of your choosing" then we could call out players for being unwilling to fulfill our whims and wishes.

AVL

Reaction score
You get what you pay for?

If your lucky.

Stop player harrasment.

hawker84

Reaction score
it's called common curtesy.. celeb or not, if politely asked you have the right to "politely decline".. having a bad day, in a hurry, tired of being bothered, i get it, doesn't give you the right as a human being to be unfriendly or rude like he's above you.... which is why i called George Thouroughgood a fat crater faces washed up has been to his face when my buddy tried to talk to him and he gave him the brush away with his hand... aw hell no!!!!

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":1uphbfhj said:
The Yugoslavian":1uphbfhj said:

Here is the only pic I was able to get

^Exactly why he probably gets pissed about pictures. I don't blame him. Imagine dudes always taking secret pic's of you? Probably gets old.

I imagine dudes taking secret pics of me all the time.

Yugoslav should have bought him some Skittles

The Radish

Reaction score
I've met lots of fairly famous people in my life time and found them like the rest of us, some nice, some not so nice.

I do have to say that any famous sports star in their teams hometown is going to have to expect some level of attention when they are out in the public just like everyone else out in public.

I personally think you shouldn't have tried to talk to him while he was on the phone other than maybe waving and/or saying "hey great job on the field" or something like that and then got your own gas and left.

If you want to meet rude assed people you need to meet performers, music ones more than most. I worked for a record and tape distributor for a lont time and had the chance to meet many big name music starts and have seldom met any that didn't think they expected you to bow down and let them walk on you.

I've been to many rah, rah, sales meetings where there might be a dozen performers trying to get you to push their type of music over others when you were loading store racks and was amazed at the rudisness. Neil Diamond one of my favorites at that time was truly a jerk the entire time he was there.

Several times in my life I've had a chance to meet Heart, from just them back to the 80s when they had a huge group and were top 5 performers. They were always great. The first time I met them I asked Ann Wilson if she would autograph an album for my niece.(we were at our warehouse that had a stage for perfomers. Told her I could get one from the warehouse if they wouldn't mind. They not only didn't mind but after they all signed it and I shrinked it again they offered to take it to her in Seattle when they returned home the next day.

They did it to, and my nieces roommate said its the only time she ever saw her with nothing to say she was so shocked to see them on her doorstep. Can't help but love them from that day on.

Wife and I and another couple met John Wayne once at Shilsole Bay Marina and he went out of his way to stop, say hello for just a moment then went on his way. What time that was.

I'm trying to say these people get by because we spend money on them. They don't have to stop what they are doing and give us an interview but merely to acknowledge we're there, maybe wave, smile, say hello and keep on going.

I would NEVER bother a celebrity if they were having a meal or with someone. But would never hesitate to say hello in passing, maybe say great game last week.

And any star of any kind that objects to someone saying hello while they are getting gas in their car better have someone else fill their can next time. Hell I talk to people getting gas all the time if for nothing but sharing bitches about the prices.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
"And any star of any kind that objects to someone saying hello while they are getting gas in their car better have someone else fill their can next time. Hell I talk to people getting gas all the time if for nothing but sharing bitches about the prices.

As evidenced by a fuzzy picture of Marshawn Lynch in an awkward situation, the op didn't just say hello.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
How many times over the years have you heard a bad story about a player being rude etc. only to hear the total opposite from someone else? My co-worker met Lynch and said he was way cool to him.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
That's pretty lame. Obviously he is not obligated, but its always cool when pro athletes show love to their fans.

BTW, thats a Mercedes, not an Infinity.