Judging on how we played today, do we win on Thursday?

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I like our D line against their O line for sure, and after getting run against all day from SF, they'll probably be easier for us to run against. Not afraid of Palmer because even if he has time it feels 50/50 he'll either get a big play or turn the ball over.

I hope Miller is good to go and Lynch isn't too tired. He was in the zone today but got a lot of work.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
12th_Bob":14k4fmht said:
I like our D line against their O line for sure, and after getting run against all day from SF, they'll probably be easier for us to run against. Not afraid of Palmer because even if he has time it feels 50/50 he'll either get a big play or turn the ball over.

I hope Miller is good to go and Lynch isn't too tired. He was in the zone today but got a lot of work.

Turbin and Michael need to get some work in next week. Lynch was active in the passing and running games and needs to be limited to maybe 15-18 touches at most to make sure he doesn't blow a tire four days after his last game, go to hell Roger Goodell with these Thursday night games.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
If Seattle loses, it's because of the Thursday start and not because they're playing poorly. Since you know, they aren't.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":21zp50y7 said:
12th_Bob":21zp50y7 said:

Turbin and Michael need to get some work in next week. Lynch was active in the passing and running games and needs to be limited to maybe 15-18 touches at most to make sure he doesn't blow a tire four days after his last game, go to hell Roger Goodell with these Thursday night games.

Yeah, I was thinking to myself a bit ago how we could use a comfortable lead in a game or two to let him rest. Carrying a team can wear a guy out.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I'm more worried about their defense, their offense doesn't scare me.

Carson Palmer sucks.

Johnny

Reaction score
The Cards gave the 49ers a tough game today and I don't expect any less this thursday from them when they play us..... It will be a very tough game to win seeing that we are struggling to run the ball and it being a short week on the road.....

So, the answer to your question, If we play like this at Arizona on thursday I say no we will not win the game. fumbling the ball four times and and making stupid decisions on special teams that give up touchdowns is not the way you win on the road in the NFL..

OrFan

Reaction score
Yes we will win. The turdinals are just that. They looked like crap against SF. Palmer had to throw the ball away on half the plays since they were on him in about two seconds every play. They have no o-line at all.

Having Campbell taken out on a stretcher is not going to help them on defense either.

This is a 5 - 1 team we have. This team is good and will fix the mistakes.

6 - 1 here we come!

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
If we play like we did today, hell no. It's gonna be a slop fest either way, but the hawks will need to step up big time and play better

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Throwdown":1pusuoeu said:

Carson Palmer sucks.

I never like to see a player leave the field on a stretcher, but my fingers are firmly crossed that Calais Campbell misses the game on Thursday.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Hawkspur":2sfoleva said:
Throwdown":2sfoleva said:

Carson Palmer sucks.

I never like to see a player leave the field on a stretcher, but my fingers are firmly crossed that Calais Campbell misses the game on Thursday.

I sure hope he comes back, but there's no way he plays on Thursday after that. Said he is feeling numbness and tingling but has feeling.

kearly

Reaction score
It will be a tough game, especially if Bevell continues to kill us with empty backfield plays in blitz situations. I was surprised to see Tennessee shy away from blitzing today. Arizona won't.

We are a much better team with much better talent on offense. Should win. Doesn't mean we will. Thanks NFL for giving us another Thursday night road game in the division. That was awesome of you.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Cards got out-willed late. I think it bodes well for us.

Throwdown

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1sge9u6p said:
Hawkspur":1sge9u6p said:
Throwdown":1sge9u6p said:

Carson Palmer sucks.

I sure hope he comes back, but there's no way he plays on Thursday after that. Said he is feeling numbness and tingling but has feeling.

What happened to my boy Calais???

hawkfannj

Reaction score
No if we play like this but somehow I don't think we will play like this against zona

travlinhawk

Reaction score
We win. This will come down to who wants it the most. I think we clean up our mistakes and run the ball for all its worth. Heavy doses of Lynch, Turbin and RW with a shot or two downfield. I really think we go back to the basics on this short week. In the end their D wont be able to hang after the third Q.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not sure.

Right now our offense is pretty average, maybe a bit above but not much.

Our defense is not exactly stifling either.

I do think that if we end up losing along the way and give up the lead to the 49ers we won't catch them again. They are playing better football than us almost across the board. So hopefully we can keep winning and keep the lead we have until we have to go there and fight them off.

If we lose to the Cardinals I suspect we will just have to reassess the team and our own expectations. I can tell you that I won't exactly be shocked if we lose and I don't think you would have heard that from me at the beginning of the season.

We clearly are not as good of a team this year as we were at the end of last year. Whether because of injuries or something else, this is a good team but not a dominant team and CERTAINLY not a team firing on all cylinders.