Jon Gruden and Raiders parting ways.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
pmedic920":2zm9mgm6 said:
Here’s a fact.

There are real criminals playing in the NFL.

Due to “cancel culture” Gruden was forced to resign over a private conversation where no ill intentions existed.

Wife beaters, rapists, drunk drivers etc etc.

Think about it for just one minute.

Says the LITERAL moderator of a forum that proactively auto-edits actual words typed on it. Ownership just recently "CANCELLED" an entire subforum on here w/o a thorough explanation. Cut the crap! It's hilariously strange that some of you are acting surprised by this Gruden stuff.

Also, just so we're all clear, Chucky didn't get "resigned" based solely on the stuff the public has been made privy to. You haven't been paying attention if that's what you believe. There's farrrr more spicy shit that Goodell/Raiders/WFT et al agreed to keep tucked...for now.

LTH

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":215bl0et said:
LTH":215bl0et said:
Flyingsquad23":215bl0et said:
pmedic920":215bl0et said:
Not defending Gruden, not condoning his words. Won’t get into it.

However, the cancel culture we are currently living in is 100% sickening to me.

For instance, last time my daughter and son in law were at my house, SIL slapped my ass and said “good game”, it was Tom foolery 100%.
I called him a f**.
This is something that I would never say out of hate or malice to a hom******* but taken out of context I could/would get blasted and possibly “canceled” if I were in a position of power and it got leaked.

Today’s culture is absolutely ridiculous IMHO.

Is it any more ridiculous than a person thinking they (in Grudens case) can insult powerful and influential people and not face repercussions.

The fact that you feel comfortable in your own home saying things you wouldn’t say to a persons face says to me that you understand that what you are saying is wrong yet you can’t quite stop yourself from being yourself.

Interesting... what difference does that make? what he said was meant to be private. Maybe he had a bad day. Maybe he is an a$$hole. Does he not have the right to talk to a friend and vent with out having repercussions? Legit question...

LTH
Not sure what your first question is referring too. As for the second question
I guess it depends on the level of offense taken and pettiness of the individual. You got to know the temperature of the room.

Again I don't condone what Gruden said...The questions are, does he have the right to say it? and should his emails be private?

The way I'm understanding your position is he has the right to say it, just not with out repercussion..

and nobody's emails are private so everybody should understand that..

LTH

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
pmedic920":20sc3jtf said:
Flyingsquad23":20sc3jtf said:
pmedic920":20sc3jtf said:
Context and intent is what should matter in matters like this.

Gruden called a g** person “qu***”, right.

What does lbgtQ stand for?

Fact is, what Gruden said in those emails was a private conversation, he was not saying anything to hurt anyone, there was no ill intentions.

The cancel culture is out of control, and it’s only going to get worse.

Insensitive absolutely, worth getting canceled over?

Eff that crap, it’s as bad as the dude that got canceled for saying a football is harder to see when a black man in a black jersey is holding it, than when a white/light skinned man is holding it.

Everyone looking for a reason to be offended.
It’s absolutely 100% ridiculous.

Again, not defending Gruden not condoning his choice of words, I’m calling BS on “cancel culture”

Honest questions…have you ever been offended by another persons words or actions in your life? If so, what gave validity to your offense? Have you personally said or done anything to offend that you made amends for? If so, why did you give validation to that person’s feelings?

Gruden lost a job he was having minimal success with, so what. He will find something else. The man wrote disparaging things about people whom he would never dare address face to face in that way.

I would absolutely expect a negative impact on my life if I said any of those things about my employer/peer/subordinate, regardless of how they became aware of my feeling.
We are both welcome to our opinions.

If your going to tell me that you’ve never said a negative thing about an employer, you’re either very young and haven’t had many jobs, been self employed your whole life, been very lucky, or a liar.

I’m not trying to change anybody’s mind, and I’m not defending Gruden, I’m saying “eff cancel culture”, and folks need to stop hunting reasons to be offended.

Fact is, if these emails had not been made public, none of Grudens words would have ever hurt anybody’s feelings, and that’s where context and intent comes in.

Nowhere did I write that I haven’t said negative things, as a matter of fact I mentioned that I have been held accountable in my past. What I wrote in the post you are referencing was “ I would absolutely expect a negative impact on my life”. I’ve been at my job 35 years so….
Fact is they were made public, cat doesn’t go back in the bag. What if he was guilty of something more serious, would he get the free pass because it was in a private email?

pmedic920

Reaction score
hgwellz12":2b0s5djr said:
pmedic920":2b0s5djr said:
Here’s a fact.

Due to “cancel culture” Gruden was forced to resign over a private conversation where no ill intentions existed.

Says the LITERAL moderator of a forum that proactively auto-edits actual words typed on it. Ownership just recently "CANCELLED" an entire subforum on here w/o a thorough explanation. Cut the crap! It's hilariously strange that some of you are acting surprised by this Gruden stuff.

Also, just so we're all clear, Chucky didn't get "resigned" based solely on the stuff the public has been made privy to. You haven't been paying attention if that's what you believe. There's farrrr more spicy $h!t that Goodell/Raiders/WFT et al agreed to keep tucked...for now.
You care to explain further how me being a moderator on the forum has anything to do with my opinion of this topic, or the ownership’s decision to remove a sub forum.

No reason to derail this thread, maybe PM me, or start a separate topic in the shack.

LTH

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":1c7xl7xu said:
pmedic920":1c7xl7xu said:
Flyingsquad23":1c7xl7xu said:
pmedic920":1c7xl7xu said:

Fact is, what Gruden said in those emails was a private conversation, he was not saying anything to hurt anyone, there was no ill intentions.

Eff that crap, it’s as bad as the dude that got canceled for saying a football is harder to see when a black man in a black jersey is holding it, than when a white/light skinned man is holding it.

Again, not defending Gruden not condoning his choice of words, I’m calling BS on “cancel culture”

Honest questions…have you ever been offended by another persons words or actions in your life? If so, what gave validity to your offense? Have you personally said or done anything to offend that you made amends for? If so, why did you give validation to that person’s feelings?

Gruden lost a job he was having minimal success with, so what. He will find something else. The man wrote disparaging things about people whom he would never dare address face to face in that way.

I would absolutely expect a negative impact on my life if I said any of those things about my employer/peer/subordinate, regardless of how they became aware of my feeling.
We are both welcome to our opinions.

If your going to tell me that you’ve never said a negative thing about an employer, you’re either very young and haven’t had many jobs, been self employed your whole life, been very lucky, or a liar.

I’m not trying to change anybody’s mind, and I’m not defending Gruden, I’m saying “eff cancel culture”, and folks need to stop hunting reasons to be offended.

Fact is, if these emails had not been made public, none of Grudens words would have ever hurt anybody’s feelings, and that’s where context and intent comes in.

Nowhere did I write that I haven’t said negative things, as a matter of fact I mentioned that I have been held accountable in my past. What I wrote in the post you are referencing was “ I would absolutely expect a negative impact on my life”. I’ve been at my job 35 years so….
Fact is they were made public, cat doesn’t go back in the bag. What if he was guilty of something more serious, would he get the free pass because it was in a private email?

I think thats an interesting question. if he was guilty of something more serious would he get the free pass because it was in a private email? I guess that just depends on who you are... I hate to bring it into politics (not a good issue but relevant...) the democrats got hacked and the Clinton Campaign was not held accountable for the hacked emails... regardless of who hacked them.. So I would say It just depends on who you are and how much power you have... Jon Gruden? Not so much...

LTH

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
LTH":2rdajk79 said:
Flyingsquad23":2rdajk79 said:
pmedic920":2rdajk79 said:

I have... I walk around the corner while one of my employee's was talking trash about me... I didn't like it much but I didn't fire him.. he doesn't have to like me as long as he does what I tell him to do and he does it well... I don't care what he thinks...I didn't take it personally... I did how ever call him into my office and talk to him about it... we worked it out and its not an issue so I'm not sure what your point is...

I’m going to guess that there is a line he could’ve crossed that would’ve gotten him fired. It all good that you were able to work it out but your example doesn’t have any impact on someone else’s situation.
Gruden said things about people who had immense influence over his position, he played his cards wrong .

LTH

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":1mdk6bv0 said:
LTH":1mdk6bv0 said:
Flyingsquad23":1mdk6bv0 said:
pmedic920":1mdk6bv0 said:

I have... I walk around the corner while one of my employee's was talking trash about me... I didn't like it much but I didn't fire him.. he doesn't have to like me as long as he does what I tell him to do and he does it well... I don't care what he thinks...I didn't take it personally... I did how ever call him into my office and talk to him about it... we worked it out and its not an issue so I'm not sure what your point is...

I’m going to guess that there is a line he could’ve crossed that would’ve gotten him fired. It all good that you were able to work it out but your example doesn’t have any impact on someone else’s situation.
Gruden said things about people who had immense influence over his position, he played his cards wrong .

i think my point is there are a lot of people who are not going to like RG. if you went through everybody's email you might be firing 2/3's of the league maybe not but the point is when your in a position such as RG u can't worry about stuff like that.

pmedic920

Reaction score
LTH":33g0ql05 said:
Flyingsquad23":33g0ql05 said:
LTH":33g0ql05 said:
Flyingsquad23":33g0ql05 said:
Is it any more ridiculous than a person thinking they (in Grudens case) can insult powerful and influential people and not face repercussions.

The fact that you feel comfortable in your own home saying things you wouldn’t say to a persons face says to me that you understand that what you are saying is wrong yet you can’t quite stop yourself from being yourself.

Interesting... what difference does that make? what he said was meant to be private. Maybe he had a bad day. Maybe he is an a$$hole. Does he not have the right to talk to a friend and vent with out having repercussions? Legit question...

LTH
I guess it depends on the level of offense taken and pettiness of the individual. You got to know the temperature of the room.

Again I don't condone what Gruden said...The questions are, does he have the right to say it? and should his emails be private?

The way I'm understanding your position is he has the right to say it, just not with out repercussion..

LTH
Absolutely has the right to say whatever he wants in a private setting, and regardless of opinions on the privileges of email, it’s perfectly clear that Gruden considered those emails private at the time.

Absolutely has the right to say whatever he wants in public, should be smart to understand that repercussions exist and are probable.

I’m not saying that repercussions aren’t possible, I’m saying that any repercussions should take into account “context and intent”.

I’m saying that the witch hunt our society has become in all things found “offensive” has become ridiculous.

“Eff cancel culture and eff those that blindly buy into it”

My son in law slapped my ass, I called him a fag with no ill intent towards him or any homosexual, if that offends anyone, eff them to.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":6pizxenx said:
LTH":6pizxenx said:
Flyingsquad23":6pizxenx said:
pmedic920":6pizxenx said:

Won’t disagree that he played his cards wrong, and that’s why I stated clearly that I’m not defending him.

My whole problem with the issue is “cancel culture”, and the witch hunters we have become.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
pmedic920":2hopzbcg said:
hgwellz12":2hopzbcg said:
pmedic920":2hopzbcg said:
Here’s a fact.

Also, just so we're all clear, Chucky didn't get "resigned" based solely on the stuff the public has been made privy to. You haven't been paying attention if that's what you believe. There's farrrr more spicy $h!t that Goodell/Raiders/WFT et al agreed to keep tucked...for now.
You care to explain further how me being a moderator on the forum has anything to do with my opinion of this topic, or the ownership’s decision to remove a sub forum.

No reason to derail this thread, maybe PM me, or start a separate topic in the shack.

No need to start a separate topic, Im just drawing the parallel to something that I THOUGHT you had a good enough understanding of and would therefore render it easier for you to grasp.

Now follow me so I don't have to repeat it:

The same way Wenhawk has rules and guidelines for this very forum to protect the dotnet image and revenue streams, so does the multi BILLION dollar entity that is The NFL. It's the exact same principle. Like it. Love it. Or leave it. They make the rules.

LTH

Reaction score
pmedic920":3e6sxnpn said:
LTH":3e6sxnpn said:
Flyingsquad23":3e6sxnpn said:
LTH":3e6sxnpn said:

LTH

LTH
Absolutely has the right to say whatever he wants in a private setting, and regardless of opinions on the privileges of email, it’s perfectly clear that Gruden considered those emails private at the time.

Absolutely has the right to say whatever he wants in public, should be smart to understand that repercussions exist and are probable.

I’m not saying that repercussions aren’t possible, I’m saying that any repercussions should take into account “context and intent”.

I’m saying that the witch hunt our society has become in all things found “offensive” has become ridiculous.

My son in law slapped my ass, I called him a f** with no ill intent towards him or any hom*******, if that offends anyone, eff them to.

If the media was not involved in this it wouldn't even be an issue... I'm about 90 percent sure that's the case

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
pmedic920":2mkagsga said:
LTH":2mkagsga said:
Flyingsquad23":2mkagsga said:
LTH":2mkagsga said:

LTH

LTH

My son in law slapped my ass, I called him a f** with no ill intent towards him or any hom*******, if that offends anyone, eff them to.

You keep saying this. You hate” cancel culture “ and then try to cancel those that don’t think like you…F them right…

And the fact you keep doubling down on calling your son in law a derogatory name is really strange way to try and prove your point. It’s awesome that he gets a good laugh with you. I don’t see you running around town calling gay people that.

pmedic920

Reaction score
LTH":1lw6xcjv said:
pmedic920":1lw6xcjv said:
LTH":1lw6xcjv said:
Flyingsquad23":1lw6xcjv said:

LTH

If the media was not involved in this it wouldn't even be an issue... I'm about 90 percent sure that's the case
Absolutely, the MSM is banking billions of dollars off of the divide they have created.
This scenario is just a microscopic piece of the plan.
Mountains out of mole hills, just another log on the fire.

Edit:
And the Lemmings we have become will keep jumping off the cliff.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
LTH":29j0cosv said:
pmedic920":29j0cosv said:
LTH":29j0cosv said:
Flyingsquad23":29j0cosv said:

LTH

So if the media was not involved in covering any crime or injustices then those events wouldn’t be an issue?

LTH

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":1jca9b3x said:
LTH":1jca9b3x said:
pmedic920":1jca9b3x said:
LTH":1jca9b3x said:

LTH

So if the media was not involved in covering any crime or injustices then those events wouldn’t be an issue?

That's not what I said...

I don't know of any crime that Gruden committed so why is this an issue?

The only precedent that I can think of where a crime or misdoing was committed with a hacked email.

Post edited by Staff:

For political content.

PLEASE leave politics out of our conversations

LTH, please feel free to rethink your words, I’m sure you can say something similar w/o getting political.
Pmedic920

chris98251

Reaction score
hgwellz12":3bl5sl49 said:
pmedic920":3bl5sl49 said:
Here’s a fact.

Also, just so we're all clear, Chucky didn't get "resigned" based solely on the stuff the public has been made privy to. You haven't been paying attention if that's what you believe. There's farrrr more spicy shit that Goodell/Raiders/WFT et al agreed to keep tucked...for now.

This is going to get busted wide open, there are far too many situations associated with it, Allen and his BS, Snyder, Cheer Leaders, Scotty getting fired over some dubious stuff.

Damage control is a lot of work and errors happen, there are also a lot of people poking the bear here and you know there is going to be some compensation in the back ground that we know nothing about to try to keep things hushed.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
chris98251":3cpf0m60 said:
hgwellz12":3cpf0m60 said:
pmedic920":3cpf0m60 said:
Here’s a fact.

This is going to get busted wide open, there are far too many situations associated with it, Allen and his BS, Snyder, Cheer Leaders, Scotty getting fired over some dubious stuff.

Damage control is a lot of work and errors happen, there are also a lot of people poking the bear here and you know there is going to be some compensation in the back ground that we know nothing about to try to keep things hushed.

One THOUSAND percent.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
I'll just add that Corona Extra brand lager can't catch a break.

First it shares its name with a killer virus, and now it needs to distance itself from a former, and now toxic spokesperson.

"Hello, you've reached the Gruden hotline. Please note that this call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes"

cymatica

Reaction score
hgwellz12":xwdzvbxe said:
cymatica":xwdzvbxe said:
hgwellz12":xwdzvbxe said:
Stud":xwdzvbxe said:
Yup, this is correct. But you're on a website where a lot of posters spill their soy over their keyboards over the smallest offense, so it's normal.

You're both full of $h!t, but it's absolutely your right to be full of $h!t so I ain't about to sit here going back and forth with you. Besides, nothing either one of us has to say here is gonna get Chucky his job back. Enjoy your sloppy joe sandwich. :2thumbs:

Of course you don't want to actually use facts and logic, or even make an actual point. Just tell someone they are full of it and run away covering your ears. Pathetic

You two are attempting to equate longstanding racial tropes with lighthearted joking about someone looking like a movie character. You're full of $h!t and there's no 2 ways about it, no matter how much you wish there is. Furthermore, Jon Gruden fully embraced and leaned into the "Chucky" joke. Personally, I wouldn't get upset by someone jokingly saying that I have big lips. I DO have big lips. It's one of the many features of being of African descent. And, frankly, the only people who's opinion even matters in regards to my African features, is the female population. And I have always been good in that regard.

But Gruden's INTENT when making the comment about Smith's lips + his other bigoted comments was clearly enough for Raiders top brass to make the business decision of "letting him resign". Wrong, right or otherwise, they are the ones that all of you Captain Save A Chucky mfers need to puff your chest out to. Not me. We got our own clown ass coach to be concerned with. Now, politely ease up off my tip, Junior.

You don't know what Grudens intent was. You equate his big lips remark to longstanding racial tropes and act like it's so horrible then in the same breath say it wouldn't bother you. Uh huh.

So what if Gruden embraces Chucky? It is the exact same thing as poking fun at big lips, except that when directed at a certain ethnic group it is called racist and off limits. I have big lips too, and people even make fun at me for it sometimes. I laugh and dish it right back.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
cymatica":2tzqjng4 said:
hgwellz12":2tzqjng4 said:
cymatica":2tzqjng4 said:
hgwellz12":2tzqjng4 said:
You're both full of $h!t, but it's absolutely your right to be full of $h!t so I ain't about to sit here going back and forth with you. Besides, nothing either one of us has to say here is gonna get Chucky his job back. Enjoy your sloppy joe sandwich. :2thumbs:

Of course you don't want to actually use facts and logic, or even make an actual point. Just tell someone they are full of it and run away covering your ears. Pathetic

You two are attempting to equate longstanding racial tropes with lighthearted joking about someone looking like a movie character. You're full of $h!t and there's no 2 ways about it, no matter how much you wish there is. Furthermore, Jon Gruden fully embraced and leaned into the "Chucky" joke. Personally, I wouldn't get upset by someone jokingly saying that I have big lips. I DO have big lips. It's one of the many features of being of African descent. And, frankly, the only people who's opinion even matters in regards to my African features, is the female population. And I have always been good in that regard.

But Gruden's INTENT when making the comment about Smith's lips + his other bigoted comments was clearly enough for Raiders top brass to make the business decision of "letting him resign". Wrong, right or otherwise, they are the ones that all of you Captain Save A Chucky mfers need to puff your chest out to. Not me. We got our own clown ass coach to be concerned with. Now, politely ease up off my tip, Junior.

You don't know what Grudens intent was. You equate his big lips remark to longstanding racial tropes and act like it's so horrible then in the same breath say it wouldn't bother you. Uh huh.

So what if Gruden embraces Chucky? It is the exact same thing as poking fun at big lips, except that when directed at a certain ethnic group it is called racist and off limits. I have big lips too, and people even make fun at me for it sometimes. I laugh and dish it right back.

You can pretend that making fun of a black person's lips doesn't have longstanding racial implications but it doesn't change the facts. And how you or I feel about Gruden making those remarks is besides the point. I won't disagree with you saying that it's a trivial thing to lose a $100MM job over, but you simply can't downplay the history. Again, it's irrelevant. Clearly that isn't the sole reason he was forced to resign. He was, apparently, doing and saying all types of reckless shit on corporate email over the last decade. He can't be mad at anyone other than himself.

Now, it's going to get interesting in the coming months/years when more information surfaces. Especially if he decides to go full Nino Brown/Henry Hill and starts pointing fingers. ESPECIALLY in the direction of the WFT/Snyder/Jay et al because there's a proverbial icebergof mess going on with that organization that seems to be conveniately muted. Whether it be Goodell
or the other league owners trying to preserve their asses, I'm here for it. ALL of it.

Latest posts