John Schneider is hurting our team.

White Devil

Reaction score
RW92":1a8akppn said:
In all my years of being a football fan, playing and loving the game, I have never seen when one team
incessantly keeps trading away it's first round picks.

I can understand how you many want to package a number of picks, position yourselves for the player that others may overlook.
But someday you have to select those game changers. John thinks you can build a Super Bowl team consistently with 7th rounders. You can't build the team with high school players. Occasionally yes you do find that diamond in the rough and you look like a genius. It's not going to happen every year.

But "My Lawd" as Marshawn would have said, what happened here tonight is a complete travesty to the fans and those who follow the Seahawks. I stayed up all night for nothing. Should have gone to bed. Right now I just don't know what direction
this team is going in.

I'm worried about some of the posters on this board and Seahawks fans in general. Today is going to be pretty hard on them. He's probably gonna "throw away" picks and pass on sure bet HoFer's today.

Hang in there draft guru's. You may have purchased Kiper's 2017 Draft Guide and found that NOTHING is going as planned. The only piece of advice I can give is.....

G4FzuHH

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
okhawkfan":hflavwjg said:
Sports Hernia":hflavwjg said:
This thread reminds me why I hate fantasy football and Madden.
Some severely overvalue and overrate their own evaluation and scouting skills.

What does this have to do with anything? People are complaining about the lack of success from all of these later round picks the Seahawks have been stockpiling each year. It's been a few years since they hit it big with all of those studs late. It made us all spoiled but it doesn't mean we can't expect good results. Fantasy football and Madden have absolutely nothing to do with this.
Sure it does. Who's not expecting good results? Just because someone's "pet player" isn't chosen doesn't equate
to the draft being a failure. They moved back 8 spots and picked up a 3rd, 4th and a 7th and the players they were targeting at 26 ARE STILL THERE.

This team doesn't have only one hole, It has several. It's ok to be a bit frustrated on watching the draft and not seeing a pick or a favorite player to be passed over, but to act like the sky is falling is a bit much IMHO.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RW92":32erdu2f said:
In all my years of being a football fan, playing and loving the game, I have never seen when one team

Going back to PC's hiring the Seahawks have used more 1st round picks than the Patriots.

Stupid Patriots. They'll never get out of that cellar. ;)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Popeyejones":32cbn77j said:
Well known here as not even being Hawks fan, but I think the Hawks crushed it on those two trade backs last night.

Curious to see who they'll grab at #2 tonight, but so far, very, very, very well done.

It doesn't get talked about enough, but IMO even more so than the Pro-Bowl RB the biggest difference between the Hawks SB team and the team last year was the lack of quality depth and even average starters beyond the superstars on the team.

They could literally change that by the time everyone goes to sleep at night, and STILL get the guy they would have taken at their original pick.

If you need decent starters and high quality depth having six picks on day 2 is insane. It's amazing and it's awesome.

So, if they just go for high floor guys with all six picks tonight I think they could have the best draft in the NFL this year.

If they go for low floor/high ceiling guys or start overpaying to package picks to land a guy they think has a high ceiling that's going about it ALL wrong for this team IMO, but so far they've still set them up to have a great, great, draft.

But but.. Foster was there!

:lol:

AgentDib

Reaction score
For the Chicken Littles around here who missed it:
Bob Condotta":2qna4ip1 said:
John Schneider says Seahawks did not lose anyone they wanted at 26 in moving down to 34.

#26: Takkarist McKinley, DE
#27: Tre'Davious White, CB
#28: Taco Charlton, DE
#29: David Njoku, TE
#30: TJ Watt, OLB
#31: Reuben Foster, OLB
#32: Ryan Ramczyk, OT
#33: ?

None of those guys seemed like good fits for the Seahawks before the draft so why are so many upset afterwards?

Seymour

Reaction score
Some just don't get it. They guy or guys they wanted at 26 are still on the board, and now we have 3 more picks.

It is not all that hard to figure out.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
AgentDib":3c6jrgkc said:
Bob Condotta":3c6jrgkc said:
John Schneider says Seahawks did not lose anyone they wanted at 26 in moving down to 34.

This is lunacy, .NET posters watched a lot of YouTube clips and did 1500 mock drafts on First-Pick.com. I will trust that over a guy that constructed a roster that's been to 2 of the last 5 Super Bowls.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
RW92":242ysrvh said:

I can understand how you many want to package a number of picks, position yourselves for the player that others may overlook.
But someday you have to select those game changers. John thinks you can build a Super Bowl team consistently with 7th rounders. You can't build the team with high school players. Occasionally yes you do find that diamond in the rough and you look like a genius. It's not going to happen every year.

But "My Lawd" as Marshawn would have said, what happened here tonight is a complete travesty to the fans and those who follow the Seahawks. I stayed up all night for nothing. Should have gone to bed. Right now I just don't know what direction
this team is going in.

I dunno, man. The Draft's primary purpose is not to entertain fans. If that's all you were looking for last night, of course you'd be disappointed.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":wh0t53qz said:
AgentDib":wh0t53qz said:
Bob Condotta":wh0t53qz said:

This is lunacy, .NET posters watched a lot of YouTube clips and did 1500 mock drafts on First-Pick.com. I will trust that over a guy that constructed a roster that's been to 2 of the last 5 Super Bowls.

It doesn't matter who they pick anyway. Every prospect video I've seen this year, not one of them has ever made a bad play.

Shaz

Reaction score
RW92":2ryzili4 said:

this team is going in.

I really hope you're not in charge of anything of importance because your analysis is garbage.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1gtgswlw said:
Popeyejones":1gtgswlw said:
Well known here as not even being Hawks fan, but I think the Hawks crushed it on those two trade backs last night.

Curious to see who they'll grab at #2 tonight, but so far, very, very, very well done.

It doesn't get talked about enough, but IMO even more so than the Pro-Bowl RB the biggest difference between the Hawks SB team and the team last year was the lack of quality depth and even average starters beyond the superstars on the team.

They could literally change that by the time everyone goes to sleep at night, and STILL get the guy they would have taken at their original pick.

If you need decent starters and high quality depth having six picks on day 2 is insane. It's amazing and it's awesome.

So, if they just go for high floor guys with all six picks tonight I think they could have the best draft in the NFL this year.

If they go for low floor/high ceiling guys or start overpaying to package picks to land a guy they think has a high ceiling that's going about it ALL wrong for this team IMO, but so far they've still set them up to have a great, great, draft.

But but.. Foster was there!

:lol:

:lol: :lol:

Right?

He's a TEXTBOOK low floor/high ceiling guy that a bad team like the 9ers absolutely should be going after at the bottom of the first and a good team like the Seahawks absolutely shouldn't be going after at the bottom of the first.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
DJrmb":du5syodx said:
1st round picks aren't the only place you draft "game changers". I understand it's deflating to continue to trade out of the 1st round because of how much people have built up 1st round players but we've been enjoying the greatest years in franchise history lately. Their plan clearly works...

Exactly, there are more udfa's in the league than first and second round players put together.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
RW92":3niq9vou said:

this team is going in.

Just because you are bummed out not to get to see the Hawks make a first round pick, doesn't mean it was the wrong decision. What does it matter, they have already said they are still going to get the same guy they would have drafted last night. Now they get three extra guys. Six picks on day two, that is crazy good.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I just want to know when the draft started being terrible the instant it reached the #33 pick.

We're picking #34, guys, relax. That's fringe 1st round talent.

Jville

Reaction score
Year after year. so many of the same critics continue to be mystified by the process. :229031_shrug:

John and Pete have a draft board the Seahawks spend a great deal of money constructing each and every year. And yet, we have those who continue to have a problem with them actually using a highly detailed and expensive tool during the draft weekend.

sutz

Reaction score
I vote we have Pete intentionally throw 10 games this season so we can pick higher in the draft.

Yeah, :sarcasm_off:

Never fully understood how some people think that draft day is the most important day of the year. :229031_shrug:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3vt0k67a said:
Admittedly, we have had some STELLAR hits in the past - Sherman in the 5th, Wagner was in the 2nd, a couple of LBs, etc. But ...

I love how hard you obviously worked to lowball that "run".

You didn't even bother to mention one of the league's most winningest franchise QBs.

Latest posts