John Schneider is hurting our team.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Hurting our team?

That's pretty funny! I knew I could come back to a good laugh when I decided to return to this place.

dadof3

Reaction score
I applaud the OP for getting ahead of the curve this year. Normally we actually draft a player before declaring a failed draft.

sdog1981

Reaction score
dadof3":12763gyh said:
I applaud the OP for getting ahead of the curve this year. Normally we actually draft a player before declaring a failed draft.

Indeed very proactive.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":28mck7xi said:
randomation":28mck7xi said:
Sports Hernia":28mck7xi said:
This thread reminds me why I hate fantasy football and Madden.
Some severely overvalue and overrate their own evaluation and scouting skills.

Some of us just want Russ to live getting the best pass blocker in the draft would have helped with that.
I understand that. But this is a weak O-line draft. The BEST in THIS draft may turn out to be bums, at least @ 26, and or there is an O-lineman or 2 they like @ 34. The draft isnt over yet.
We keep hearing this mantra year after year but our draft process and our development process with respect to this position group isn't working. Even a fantasy arm chair gm can see it.

This is what next season is going to look like:

Russell wilson hit rams

niveky

Reaction score
I agree with the thread starter, I mean..we could have had awesome 1st rounders like we got in previous years. I mean awesome players like Russell Wilson, Bobby Wagner, Richard Sherman and Doug Baldwin to name a few...I mean...don't you all get it...

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1i6810rl said:
Hasselbeck":1i6810rl said:
Popeyejones":1i6810rl said:
Well known here as not even being Hawks fan, but I think the Hawks crushed it on those two trade backs last night.

Curious to see who they'll grab at #2 tonight, but so far, very, very, very well done.

It doesn't get talked about enough, but IMO even more so than the Pro-Bowl RB the biggest difference between the Hawks SB team and the team last year was the lack of quality depth and even average starters beyond the superstars on the team.

They could literally change that by the time everyone goes to sleep at night, and STILL get the guy they would have taken at their original pick.

If you need decent starters and high quality depth having six picks on day 2 is insane. It's amazing and it's awesome.

So, if they just go for high floor guys with all six picks tonight I think they could have the best draft in the NFL this year.

If they go for low floor/high ceiling guys or start overpaying to package picks to land a guy they think has a high ceiling that's going about it ALL wrong for this team IMO, but so far they've still set them up to have a great, great, draft.

But but.. Foster was there!

:lol:

:lol: :lol:

Right?

He's a TEXTBOOK low floor/high ceiling guy that a bad team like the 9ers absolutely should be going after at the bottom of the first and a good team like the Seahawks absolutely shouldn't be going after at the bottom of the first.

I completely agree with this. In fact, the Denver radio sports guys this morning made the exact same point since Bronco fans were also up in arms about not taking Foster. Bottom-dwelling teams have to have a completely different approach to the draft than a team that is shoring up holes in the middle of their "window".

2_0_6

Reaction score
RW92":26tzm402 said:
In all my years of being a football fan, playing and loving the game, I have never seen when one team
incessantly keeps trading away it's first round picks.

I can understand how you many want to package a number of picks, position yourselves for the player that others may overlook.
But someday you have to select those game changers. John thinks you can build a Super Bowl team consistently with 7th rounders. You can't build the team with high school players. Occasionally yes you do find that diamond in the rough and you look like a genius. It's not going to happen every year.

But "My Lawd" as Marshawn would have said, what happened here tonight is a complete travesty to the fans and those who follow the Seahawks. I stayed up all night for nothing. Should have gone to bed. Right now I just don't know what direction
this team is going in.

Good god man.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
dadof3":2tmxbsty said:

Giphy

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
If we didnt trade back all those times, we could have drafted half as many busts/backups in the late 1st round.

There are plenty of good players that go in the 2nd and 3rd, we didnt get many of them recently, but that doesnt mean trading back was a bad idea. If theyre just bad at drafting, they probably would have missed on a late 1st rounder to, and mot had the extra pick to move up for Lockett. Or the draft is just a crapshoot, so having more picks is better and we've just had bad luck.

We've had great success in the past with this strategy, as have the Patriots. Just because we've missed recently doesn't mean its a bad strategy.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Well done OP! One post, 3 pages. That's a damn good ratio.

EDIT: Make that 4 PAGES!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
niveky":bwjkeums said:
I agree with the thread starter, I mean..we could have had awesome 1st rounders like we got in previous years. I mean awesome players like Russell Wilson, Bobby Wagner, Richard Sherman and Doug Baldwin to name a few...I mean...don't you all get it...
tell me which one of the guys you listed is responsible for protecting our QB? Who puts an end to this?

Russell wilson hit rams

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3k3poljf said:
niveky":3k3poljf said:
tell me which one of the guys you listed is responsible for protecting our QB? Who puts an end to this?

Russell wilson hit rams

What amazing OL did you want us to select at 26?

Jville

Reaction score
brimsalabim":300fv39d said:
niveky":300fv39d said:

Russell wilson hit rams

LOL ....... what quarterback hasn't been on the receiving end? It's football not tennis.

Hyak

Reaction score
The irony is that many of the guys mocked to the Seahawks at 26 are still there after the first round. They moved down 8 slots and picked up additional 3 picks. I've got no issue with the strategy to trade back, accumulate more picks in the meat of the draft (day 2) so you can move up if needed if position runs start.

The CB's that fit them are still there. Same with the safeties. And most of the OL guys they have been linked to (Lamp, Robinson).

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Is there a stat that we have spend a lot of first round picks on offensive line talent in recent years? Clearly that's not the end-all solution to fix the issue either. Seems like a lot of guys the experts had the Hawks taking are still available so if that's they end up getting anyway at the top of round 2, yesterday's move are a definite win.

Wartooth

Reaction score
It's all that social engineering guys. The Seahawks didn't get a 'prize' last night, not even a participation ribbon...
It's not fair!
The Packers will take Lamp, the Hawks will get some bum because nobody 'good' is left at 34...
Anybody that follows football knows that!

niveky

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3er3hc37 said:
niveky":3er3hc37 said:

Russell wilson hit rams

That was not the original poster's premise. Here is his post.

RW92":3er3hc37 said:
In all my years of being a football fan, playing and loving the game, I have never seen when one team
incessantly keeps trading away it's first round picks.

I can understand how you many want to package a number of picks, position yourselves for the player that others may overlook.
But someday you have to select those game changers. John thinks you can build a Super Bowl team consistently with 7th rounders. You can't build the team with high school players. Occasionally yes you do find that diamond in the rough and you look like a genius. It's not going to happen every year.

But "My Lawd" as Marshawn would have said, what happened here tonight is a complete travesty to the fans and those who follow the Seahawks. I stayed up all night for nothing. Should have gone to bed. Right now I just don't know what direction
this team is going in.

As far as the O-line, like it has been said by many on this board, there aren't really any considered slam dunks from everything I have seen or heard about.

dadof3

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2od9flv1 said:
niveky":2od9flv1 said:

Russell wilson hit rams
There was somebody at 26 that could prevent a future hall of famer from sacking our quarterback? Damn

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RW92":2brjdn7x said:
But someday you have to select those game changers. John thinks you can build a Super Bowl team consistently with 7th rounders.

He won a SB with late rounders and UFA's..............and he and Pete have turned them into All Pro's.

I get the impatience, I get that way too when watching the first round. But IMO Pete and John have earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to drafting and developing the right players. So I'm going to give it to them.

niveky

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3n77fbi8 said:
RW92":3n77fbi8 said:
But someday you have to select those game changers. John thinks you can build a Super Bowl team consistently with 7th rounders.

He won a SB with late rounders and UFA's..............and he and Pete have turned them into All Pro's.

I get the impatience, I get that way too when watching the first round. But IMO Pete and John have earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to drafting and developing the right players. So I'm going to give it to them.

The problem is that he says you can't build a Superbowl team consistently with 7th rounders. They aren't all 7th rounders and half the team is composed of undrafted players and they have been in the mix every year. even with the horrible o-line issues last year...