Joe Cullen on Hawk's radar for DC

keasley45

Reaction score
'Seahawks Eyeing Chiefs Coach Joe Cullen For Defensive Coordinator: Report. Previously coaching with Mike Macdonald in Baltimore, Joe Cullen would fill a number of voids for the Seattle Seahawks if hired as a defensive coordinator, including providing a much-needed assistant with a defensive line background.'

Seems like a reasonable fit given his experience and the fact that he won't actually be calling plays.

GemCity

Reaction score
The fact that there hasn't been a ton of news coming out on the DC front makes me think Cullen is the guy they want to talk to, but they have to wait until Monday to do it.
Great point!

Hawknight

Reaction score
'Seahawks Eyeing Chiefs Coach Joe Cullen For Defensive Coordinator: Report. Previously coaching with Mike Macdonald in Baltimore, Joe Cullen would fill a number of voids for the Seattle Seahawks if hired as a defensive coordinator, including providing a much-needed assistant with a defensive line background.'

Seems like a reasonable fit given his experience and the fact that he won't actually be calling plays.

"As for Cullen, he won't be leading a team but he might find himself back as a coordinator for the first time since joining the Chiefs. Andy Reid first brought Cullen in back in 2022 to coach the defensive line after a year as defensive coordinator for the Jacksonville Jaguars. His work with George Karlaftis and Chris Jones, among others, has made him a popular coach among his players."

Seahawks have been linked to wanting Cullen, but the Commanders as well. Hopefully the Seahawks will continue to outbid the Commanders

Hawknight

Reaction score
Aside from the Chip Kelley talk we're hearing rumors of, if Cullen is the one we are waiting out for which I speculate is the case. Add the fact that we will have to pay Geno in about 8 days or less, that we will most likely run with Geno for this next season, unless the OC is hired immediately and the decision to can Geno is made. There is about 4 days after the Super Bowl if I am correct which doesn't give the OC much time to evaulate, unless MM goes ahead and make the decision and this was a behind the scenes discussion during the interview process.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I see a repeat to the end of Hass days.

Defensive coach…..check
Vet QB…………………..check
Re-Build core……….
Super Bowl………….2027