Jermichael Finley to visit Seahawks

plyka

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":3e5fj6rg said:
Am I the only guy who thinks pass on this guy? I never thought he did much in Green Bay for how much talent he had. He seems like Kellen Winslow III.

The kid is only 26 years old. He has all the talent in the world. It is an absolutely shrewd move if they bring him in on a cheap 3m per year contract. I know we all love WilLson, and someone else said that Willson is more athletic, but I simply do not see it on the tape. Maybe Wililson does have better straight line speed, but Jermichael just looks like the better athlete to me on tape.

Here he is in his 1 good season, 2011. He looks incredible to me, massively high ceiling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G719Z8QuFkY

plyka

Reaction score
I heard the dummy on Bob and Groz go on and on about hands of stone. So I decided to look up the statistic before believing what this dummy said on the radio.

Here are the stats from 2013. Jermichael Finley actually had one of the lowest drop rates. In fact, he only had 1 drop in 2013. With 34 targets, that came out to roughly 2.9% of passes.

So where does this nonsense come from that he is a drop machine?

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2013/

ivotuk

Reaction score
A lot of catch rate depends on who is throwing the ball, what kind of pass offense is run, how many passes they get thrown their way and what down it is.

Darren Sproles, 71 receptions ZERO drops! But Drew Brees throws a very catchable ball and Sproles has great hands. If you see one team with low drop percentage, thank the QB. Jimmy Graham 86 catches, 3 drops.

Aaron Rodgers QB -> Finley 25 catches 1 drop, Jordy Nelson 85 catches 3 drops, Randall Cobb 31 catches 1 drop, Eddie Lacy 35 catches 1 drop, Jarrett Boykin 39 catches 2 drops, James Jones 59 catches 3 drops. So a lot has to do with offense and QB. Apparently Aaron Rodgers throws a catchable ball.

You know who else threw a very catchable ball? Dave Krieg. But that's because he had small hands so couldn't really sling the ball. He threw a beautiful deep ball though, like a perfect rainbow. He also had Steve Largent catching them.

Russell Wilson QB -> Lockette 5 catches 0 drops, Lynch 36/2, Tate 64/2, Baldwin 50/2, Kearse 22/2, Z Miller 33/1, Rice 15/1, Willson 20/1, Turbin 8/1

Russell throws a "sexy deep ball," but his receivers also know that there aren't that many opportunities so when they get one, they damn well better catch it!

So to summarize, stats are for losers. (Per that TB HC what was his name?)

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
plyka":2gijkjcf said:
I heard the dummy on Bob and Groz go on and on about hands of stone. So I decided to look up the statistic before believing what this dummy said on the radio.

Here are the stats from 2013. Jermichael Finley actually had one of the lowest drop rates. In fact, he only had 1 drop in 2013. With 34 targets, that came out to roughly 2.9% of passes.

8.1% in 2012, and 6.4% in 2011. Funny how the season where he was hurt isn't indicative of what people have mentioned.

plyka

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":ac0yu2in said:
plyka":ac0yu2in said:

8.1% in 2012, and 6.4% in 2011. Funny how the season where he was hurt isn't indicative of what people have mentioned.

Yes, how dare I use the most recent YEAR to gauge his drops. 2.9% puts him in territory as one of the catchers with the fewest drops of all. 6-8% puts him in normal territory. And yet that was YEARS ago. I love how you like to discount the entire year when he had 34 targets and only dropped 1 pass, because it doesn't fit your preconceived notion. So let's discount the entire year because it doesn't fit your argument, 6-8% does not equate into hands of stone, it equates into normal territory for drops.

Basis4day

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":27rrhhrv said:
Wasn't Jermichael Finley suppose to visit today?? Any updates?

When 4 new threads are started, you'll know.

Maxman186

Reaction score
Take the "source" with a grain of salt:

Incarcerated Bob IBN ‏@incarceratedbob 7m
**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Jermichael Finley and Seahawks have a deal in principle depending on medical report (MUST PASS PHYSICAL) #IBN

joeshaney

Reaction score
No reason for anyone to be excited or upset with any signing until the Seahawks announce it.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Incoherent Bob isn't the only one saying this. My buddy knows Jermaine Kearse and got a text from him saying that it's done. He forwarded the text to me so know it's just a matter of trusting my friend who could've easily doctored the text but I doubt it..

"J-Fin coming in Bro its a done deal"

Take it with salt if need be but I believe this is legit 100%

sutz

Reaction score
joeshaney":p7u9ufeg said:
No reason for anyone to be excited or upset with any signing until the Seahawks announce it.
This, and since we're known for not thowing all our cash at the first guys we look at, we'll probably have to wait a couple of days for any news of real signings.

If Findley is actually visiting, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he left without a deal. I expect them to kick the tires on a lot of guys.

King Dog

Reaction score
BlueBlood":93iqm6v3 said:
Incoherent Bob isn't the only one saying this. My buddy knows Jermaine Kearse and got a text from him saying that it's done. He forwarded the text to me so know it's just a matter of trusting my friend who could've easily doctored the text but I doubt it..

I love it

BlueBlood

Reaction score
sutz":2wh6ehuv said:
joeshaney":2wh6ehuv said:
This, and since we're known for not thowing all our cash at the first guys we look at, we'll probably have to wait a couple of days for any news of real signings.

If Findley is actually visiting, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he left without a deal. I expect them to kick the tires on a lot of guys.

No way that happens unless he failed his physical otherwise he'll be signed... Could happen any moment

bigtrain21

Reaction score
BlueBlood":167i3vqs said:

Incarcerated Bob has more credibility than you and I consider him a total fraud.

Latest posts