Jermichael Finley to visit Seahawks

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
plyka":36os821q said:
Sarlacc83":36os821q said:
plyka":36os821q said:
I heard the dummy on Bob and Groz go on and on about hands of stone. So I decided to look up the statistic before believing what this dummy said on the radio.

Here are the stats from 2013. Jermichael Finley actually had one of the lowest drop rates. In fact, he only had 1 drop in 2013. With 34 targets, that came out to roughly 2.9% of passes.

So where does this nonsense come from that he is a drop machine?

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2013/

8.1% in 2012, and 6.4% in 2011. Funny how the season where he was hurt isn't indicative of what people have mentioned.

Yes, how dare I use the most recent YEAR to gauge his drops. 2.9% puts him in territory as one of the catchers with the fewest drops of all. 6-8% puts him in normal territory. And yet that was YEARS ago. I love how you like to discount the entire year when he had 34 targets and only dropped 1 pass, because it doesn't fit your preconceived notion. So let's discount the entire year because it doesn't fit your argument, 6-8% does not equate into hands of stone, it equates into normal territory for drops.

Lol you hate on someone for bringing up stats from the same year you post the video of this player's potential ceiling. YEARS ago is when I would have wanted Finley; not after a potential career ending injury that he hasn't even been cleared from. Besides there was nothing in that video that stands out; besides if he can't block - which he can't I don't think he fits.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I will be stoked if we get Finley. A big athletic target for Wilson on the cheap, a great red zone that, he will have a chip on his shoulder and is a big play dangerous weapon for this offense. Cannot wait to see him on the field.

Love Me some athletic 6'5 WR/TE . Hope this happens, it would be a Prefect J'S signing.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I am starting to get excited about this. I know it is unlikely, but if we could find some way to keep him and Miller I would scream like a little girl in joy. Miller could stay in his current role and Finley would act as a receiver at the same time. 2 TE sets would be amazing.

McGruff

Reaction score
I'm less excited about Finley and Miller than I am about Finley and Willson.

Penman96

Reaction score
Hope it all works out - great talent if healthy. I just hope our doctors take a long look, that was a nasty injury. To be catching passes over the middle with C3 and C4 fused? I don't like seeing player get hurt.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
He's passing his physical, he's already passed it with green bay doctor's the deal will be announced tomorrow at some point.

lukerguy

Reaction score
BlueBlood":3cin2hf0 said:
He's passing his physical, he's already passed it with green bay doctor's the deal will be announced tomorrow at some point.
? Source.?

bigtrain21

Reaction score
lukerguy":1e6gjs1x said:
BlueBlood":1e6gjs1x said:
? Source.?

He's pretending to be a source and have inside information. Just play along.

mikeak

Reaction score
BlueBlood":1212kqij said:

I just talked to myself and heard the exact same thing

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Just play along fellas, I know nothing for certain just a little birdie told a friend of mine and im choosing to believe it.

A

Anonymous

My F5 button is only recognizable by the F4 button directly to its left.

C'mon ice cream...!

seahawks08

Reaction score
I feel he should retire given what he went through. WRs are really vulnerable in getting hit and sometimes we throw the ball where the receivers fight and catch the ball. I am worried about him getting contact specially in the division we are in. Not worth it.

A

Anonymous

volsunghawk":v509zrlk said:
HoustonHawk82":v509zrlk said:
My F5 button is only recognizable by the F4 button directly to its left.

C'mon ice cream...!

Your F5 button makes ICE CREAM?! :shock:

What kind of keyboard do you have?

Yep, ice cream, dispensed from some gadgetry I installed, to make a cool covering over an otherwise-hot and painful waiting game. I made a few non-sanctioned modifications...

drdiags

Reaction score
BlueBlood":33ujismu said:
Just play along fellas, I know nothing for certain just a little birdie told a friend of mine and im choosing to believe it.

Just an FYI. During the Free agency period they used to be a little more concerned about posting the type of info you have provided. It probably is true but you can count on some blow-back from folks when they see the type of post you made. You mention to take it with a grain of salt, but sometimes people will miss that disclaimer. Things may have changed over time but there used to be others that had inside info that ended up avoiding the forum due to being raked over the coals.

As long as you understand that and can handle it, you should be good.