Seahawks host Austin, other free agents

Mizak

Reaction score

keasley45

Reaction score
wasnt it Tavon who was in that Geno workout vid with DK?

He looked like he's still got that speed. Not a bad thought. We are missing a quick twitch burner in the wr room.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Should we see how high Percy is right now? I do like that PC and JS always keep looking.

chrispy

Reaction score
It makes me think JS is looking at next season to make a strong run at Championship. Seems like these are pre-offseason/set-up moves. I can't see these guys competing for a spot on '23s 52 man roster, but they could potentially raise the competition level for '24s 90 man roster. ...and maybe find a surprise.

So...23 would be multiple playoff wins to set up 24.

...or maybe I'm reading too much into it...???

hedgehawk

Reaction score
It makes me think JS is looking at next season to make a strong run at Championship. Seems like these are pre-offseason/set-up moves. I can't see these guys competing for a spot on '23s 52 man roster, but they could potentially raise the competition level for '24s 90 man roster. ...and maybe find a surprise.

I think so. What would say ‘Austin’ give us this year, while having to drop another player. It doesn’t make any sense. This isn’t a complete 2010 rebuild. We don’t need to make those ever changing moves and trades. If something great pops up that we can utilize for the future, then go for it. Or just keep building and continue developing players.

getnasty

Reaction score
I think so. What would say ‘Austin’ give us this year, while having to drop another player. It doesn’t make any sense. This isn’t a complete 2010 rebuild. We don’t need to make those ever changing moves and trades. If something great pops up that we can utilize for the future, then go for it. Or just keep building and continue developing players.
An actual return threat. DJ Dallas is horrible and consistently cost us valuable yardage in the return game.

Echawks

Reaction score
ya Dallas has consistentlu gotten more yards on punts then expected

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
They probably hosted That qb to throw to these other guys. For humanity’s sake drew lock needs his tuesdays off.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
They probably hosted That qb to throw to these other guys. For humanity’s sake drew lock needs his tuesdays off.
Locke needs his day to get high and paddleboard. Feel the energy and bang all those girls in Kirkland, wearing their booty shorts.

bileever

Reaction score
Churning the bottom of the roster is what good GMs do, trying to improve on the team's depth and maybe find a hidden gem. We've had a lot of injuries, so we have more of a need. No one gave a thought to Schneider signing Ben Brown back iin late August, but there he was, getting into the game vs. the Panthers.

As for Tavon Austin, he and Geno go way back to their West Virginia days. I would think that it's possible they worked him out as a favor to Geno. Tavon had those combine numbers, 4.3 40, but he also had the numbers to back him up, #1 and #2 in NCAA all-purpose yards in 2011 and 2012. He was the 8th pick in the draft but never became a star.

Sean McVay did not care for Austin's game at all. You would think that McVay would think of him as a real weapon with his speed, but he didn't hardly use him in 2017, and then the next year traded him to the Cowboys.

chrispy

Reaction score

As I thought more about this, another (albeit somewhat unrelated) thought crossed my mind...regarding building for the future.

When it comes to QB, what if the plan is to continue doing exactly what the FO has done up to this point: recycle other's cast-offs. They used TJack, brought in Flynn with the idea intention of starting, General, Lock.... What if they take on a new project like Justin Fields or Zach Wilson or Jameis Winston or.... I'm not endorsing anyone in particular, but JS/PC have had better success than most with their recycled projects at QB. I guess that's the same idea as the above try-out players, but QB position is a different animal. How would we feel with Geno, Lock and Justin Fields (or another team's failure) on the 53 next year?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They didn't sign the guy, so who cares? Nothing wrong with checking players out.
I'm glad they are always open minded about players.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
wasnt it Tavon who was in that Geno workout vid with DK?

He looked like he's still got that speed. Not a bad thought. We are missing a quick twitch burner in the wr room.

I was just going to say that Austin is intriguing barring he still has something left in the tank. Wonder if Geno put a bug in Petes ear?

keasley45

Reaction score
I was just going to say that Austin is intriguing barring he still has something left in the tank. Wonder if Geno put a bug in Petes ear?
Wouldn't doubt it. Geno, Dk... if I had Pete's # I would have called him.

Austin looked explosive in that clip and he was a home run hitter when he played.