Jermichael Finley to visit Seahawks

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Man a serious neck injury he had ..Lucky to be alive and walking..Has his neck fused in a couple places..It turns me off ..I don't want to see him die or paralyzed..Please do not sign him..

HHHTGT

Reaction score
but when is Finley ever healthy? Ideally I would love for Miller to restructure and stay, but I'm not convinced Finley is going to be an upgrade except for in the cap space department. If we do sign him, I hope in wrong and he plays lights out, I know he is capable of it...

-The Glove-

Reaction score
HHHTGT":26kocuwc said:
but when is Finley ever healthy? Ideally I would love for Miller to restructure and stay, but I'm not convinced Finley is going to be an upgrade except for in the cap space department. If we do sign him, I hope in wrong and he plays lights out, I know he is capable of it...

Hence the cheap, prove-it deal part

mjwhitay

Reaction score
I don't really understand why anyone enough be against this move. This is the big athletic freak tight end so many of us want. He's not getting any real money right out of the gate. If he produces and surprises, extra bonus. These are the types of moves good team try, no harm, no foul.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
-The Glove-":tl4m6pr9 said:
HHHTGT":tl4m6pr9 said:

Hence the cheap, prove-it deal part
Exactly. I don't get why so many are against it.

This is the Seahawks we are talking about. If he doesn't work out, he's gone. There is no risk.

ErikG803

Reaction score
I do think it's also worth noting just how close JS to Finley's situation. I know people make mistakes and JS is no different, but Finley's drops and medical records are no secret to JS; he's probably more familiar with Finley than most free agents we've sniffed around the last few years. If JS wants him badly-- and maybe he doesn't, in actuality-- then I'm on board.

plyka

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3cgt34qx said:
Per Rapoport

I think I've finally figured out Pete/JS. They rate these things VERY HIGHLY:

1) Special Talent
2) Undervalued due to some reason, whether they were injured, in a bad circumstance the prior year, personality issue, etc.
3) Will come without much investment
4) They know the player, either from Minnesota and Bevell (Rice, Percy, etc) knows him, Pete recruited him in college (Irvin, White, etc), JS knows him from Green Bay (Jermichael).

Finley checks every box. He is a special talent at the TE position. On a purely talent, pass catching basis, he is up there with Jimmy Graham. Definitely undervalue, will come on a prove it deal, and JS probably knows him from Green Bay or his contacts there.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
plyka":3txv60mr said:
Hasselbeck":3txv60mr said:
Per Rapoport

I think I've finally figured out Pete/JS. They rate these things VERY HIGHLY:

1) Special Talent
2) Undervalued due to some reason, whether they were injured, in a bad circumstance the prior year, personality issue, etc.
3) Will come without much investment
4) They know the player, either from Minnesota and Bevell (Rice, Percy, etc) knows him, Pete recruited him in college (Irvin, White, etc), JS knows him from Green Bay (Jermichael).

Finley checks every box. He is a special talent at the TE position. On a purely talent, pass catching basis, he is up there with Jimmy Graham. Definitely undervalue, will come on a prove it deal, and JS probably knows him from Green Bay or his contacts there.

Great post. Seems very accurate. Also makes a good case for taking a chance on Jermichael.

plyka

Reaction score
BlueBlood":2j65d5uw said:
Lol you guys are crazy Finley is a beast
100% agreed. This is why Pete/JS are so damn good. They find players with special talent that everyone on the world is down on. Finley, on a purely talent level, is on par with Jimmy Graham. While other idiots were claiming that the Seahawks should give up 10m per year for 5 years + 2 first round picks, Pete/JS get his equivalent on a talent basis for peanuts.

jblaze

Reaction score
He played at 235 year before last. He's 260 now and 10% body fat per his tweet last month.

Sounds like he's beefing up to block to me. No more Jimmy Graham WR/TE type. GOOD...

plyka

Reaction score
DavidSeven":131z2xwd said:
BlueBlood":131z2xwd said:
HHHTGT":131z2xwd said:
I just don't see the point really. We already have a great catching TE we don't utilize, why bring in another with injury concerns?? Quite honestly, I'd be okay with us rolling out Willson, McCoy and a rookie/fa next season.. we just don't utilize the TE position in the passing game enough to warrant much else..

We have absolutely nobody on the level of Finley what are you smoking dude? >#

Not to say Miller is a better player than Finley, but Miller had more production than Finley while he was in Oakland. Finley had Aaron Rodgers. Miller had Jamarcus Russell.

Did you see MIller catch that beautiful ball from Wilson in the Saints game? You know, the one where he had a 15-20 yard head start versus the closest defender and was caught within 3 seconds? Finley and Miller are simply not in the same conversation when it comes to pass catching TEs. Yes, Miller had great production 4 years ago as a pass catcher. But he is not a hybrid TE like Graham or Gronk or the guy from Denver. Miller is your traditional blocking TE that can catch but can't run.

Happy

Reaction score
Finley is man.....high risk high reward.

The big ego vets, idk, this FO has brought lots of them in for a look, and they seem to get cut in camp or in preseason. It's a pretty long list of 'name' guys when you think about it.

Be intersting to see what happens.

drdiags

Reaction score
Unless the Seahawks change their offense soon, Miller vs Finley isn't a comparison. Finley may be a better blocker than I give him credit for but I don't see him being a Miller-type blocker. He is a more polished and upscale of former rookie Willson. If he signs, Miller most likely hits the road but the Seahawks are not going to be playing smash-mouth offense but a more upscale, deception based offense where speed takes over for brawn.

Just my thoughts on how all this might come together.

Jville

Reaction score
I am assuming this is primarily a medical visit designed to kick off his free agent tour.

The first step is to clear a team's physical .... starting with Seattle.

brettb3

Reaction score
drdiags":3akgc5dv said:
Unless the Seahawks change their offense soon, Miller vs Finley isn't a comparison. Finley may be a better blocker than I give him credit for but I don't see him being a Miller-type blocker. He is a more polished and upscale of former rookie Willson. If he signs, Miller most likely hits the road but the Seahawks are not going to be playing smash-mouth offense but a more upscale, deception based offense where speed takes over for brawn.

They would use McCoy as the run blocker. Carroll won't change the style of the offense.

mikeak

Reaction score
drdiags":227sm1mb said:

But our offensive line as a hole may be improved / less injured so overall there won't be much dropoff :)

12thManNorth

Reaction score
Just perused his stats, played all 16 games 2 years in a row prior to the devastating injury this year. Actually was really suprised about his lack of monster seasons. Only 2 seasons with over 3 TD catches. Best season 2011 767 yds receiving in 16 games, which still is only an avg of 48 yds game. And that's in a pass-happy offence. ONly 2 TD's in 16 games in 2012. To me the only way I like this is if we cut Miller and save a bunch of money for other areas (even after signing Finley)

seahawks08

Reaction score
Great it is a sunny day out here, he is going to think why people say it always rains:)