Jeremy Lane hit

mikeak

Reaction score
It looks deliberate. To me it looks like the guy steps back but his arm goes out enough on purpose to make the contact

With that said - put on the unbiased glasses. Is there enough there to say without any doubt whatsoever that it is intentionall and that it wasn't a reaction to seeing something absolutely last second?

I don't know - that will be for the NFL to decide but I have a hard time saying it is 100% intentional. Clearly looks like it but am I 100%? nope

DJrmb

Reaction score
BTW to the blind people that still don't think this was on purpose, watch how he proceeds to step in Lanes direction and talk shit while he's getting up and trying to get back into the play.

gulliver

Reaction score
CANHawk":3r7t49k1 said:
The Outfield":3r7t49k1 said:
gulliver":3r7t49k1 said:
If that is really Quinton Dial, kid's got a history--I should know about that as a Georgia football fan. Check this out from the SEC CG in 2012:

[youtube]huEImWnQqMM[/youtube]

Wow, of course the 49ers picked this thug up.
I actually have zero problem with the hit in the video. Play was live, looked like an int return. QB thought he was a spectator. Nope. Thump.

Keep your head on a swivel boys...
Hitting the QB after an interception may be legal in principle (even if it shouldn't be), but Dial throws a shoulder and/or helmet into Murray's head and neck area and blasts him away from the ball. A huge missed call there. Course it appears the offending player might not even have been Dial.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
For the kickoff, those contain guys know exactly where they are going to be when they knock the gunner out of bounds. So do the coaches, so does everybody over there. The tape itself cannot prove that this was orchestrated, but this incident did not happen in a random spot on the field.

253hawk

Reaction score
Another thing...where is the 6' buffer zone? The white part of the sidelines only looks to be 3'-4' and guys are well within 6' as they're on the edge of it. This forces Lane to have to run completely behind them to get back into the field of play.

nfl-bench-area.png

Scottemojo

Reaction score
To add to Harbaugh's words on the league investigation, Harbaugh said his guy "was run into", and any movement he made was only to protect himself.

Hawksfan76

Reaction score
if you say he slipped on the flag you are wrong plane and simple. it is obvious if you watch the video he intentionally hit lane, no question about it!!! the flag had no factor in this at all!!! the 49ers should be fined, harbaugh watched it happen and should be punished with fine and game suspensions as he is trying to cover it up and the player involved should be fined and suspended for several games if not indefinitely from the league. this should never happen ever and giving the magnitude of the game it should have extremely harsh penalties. if it were a regular season game then they can refer to the $100,000 fine or whatever they did for like plays prior but since it's the nfc championship game the penalties should be much much higher.

Will I

Reaction score
It's not obvious at all. Hence the different opinions. I've watched the gif at least 100 cycles and I can't convince myself it's intentional, and I want to believe it is. What I see is Lane come from behind the yellow line toward the field and come in contact with the coach on the way toward the field. It looks to me that the coach does make a move to get out of his way right as Lane contacts him.

suppaball

Reaction score
Will I":twh6qezb said:
It's not obvious at all. Hence the different opinions. I've watched the gif at least 100 cycles and I can't convince myself it's intentional, and I want to believe it is. What I see is Lane come from behind the yellow line toward the field and come in contact with the coach on the way toward the field. It looks to me that the coach does make a move to get out of his way right as Lane contacts him.
This post needs glasses. The 9er coach clearly does a wwe clothes line, then follows it up with some smack talk.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
All I know is that it will be very interesting to see how the league rules on this after review.

ManBunts

Reaction score
One thing I haven't seen, that to me is an indicator of this being intentional, are the players AROUND the guy that hits Lane. Namely grey sweatshirt, who sees him and has more than enough time to dance out of the way. Sweatsuit sees him, plants himself, lays the hit, and then did what looks to me like a nice little taunting step forward, just waiting for Lane to get up and confront him. Anyway, to me its the grey sweatshirt being able to move, and then the other guy aggressively stepping forward, that tell me it's intentional.

Not sure if this has been posted, but Harbaugh is insisting it's defensive.
http://www.komonews.com/sports/League-t ... 83321.html

Will I

Reaction score
suppaball":jwch3kei said:
Will I":jwch3kei said:
This post needs glasses. The 9er coach clearly does a wwe clothes line, then follows it up with some smack talk.

This post needs glasses, because it is NOT clear.

Jville

Reaction score
253hawk":3d0nxe7w said:
Slowed it down and blew it up a little. Dude sees Lane coming the whole way, braces, and deliberately jumps into him. If you look carefully you can see his right foot take a step forward to line him up.

ib1IiJKmpDOP9Y.gif

Footwork tells the story. They start behind the yellow line and follow the upper body movement to in front of the yellow line.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Will I":1c52iw30 said:
suppaball":1c52iw30 said:
Will I":1c52iw30 said:

Can you explain to me how come he stepped forward prior to contact with Lane if he was trying to avoid him?

Will I

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1qzbguol said:
Will I":1qzbguol said:
suppaball":1qzbguol said:
Will I":1qzbguol said:

Can you explain to me how come he stepped forward prior to contact with Lane if he was trying to avoid him?

the guy barely saw Lane coming.
He tried to hop back.. you can see it.
When you hop back, you lose balance and to compensate, your chest goes out.. and thats where he and Lane collided.

This is how I see it. But I understand how it can look the other way too. I'm interested to see what the final ruling will be.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I see his right foot move forward, right into Lane's path. I do not see any movement backwards whatsoever

Will I

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":3h5g2it5 said:
I see his right foot move forward, right into Lane's path. I do not see any movement backwards whatsoever

Kinda my point, some see it one way, others see it another. I just don't think it's "clear".

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Notice that Lane's head goes up as he gets to where that guy is. Then the feet come out from under him. That guy moved forward into Lane.

Latest posts