Jeremy Lane hit

Jville

Reaction score
Will I":2uaftur7 said:
AbsolutNET":2uaftur7 said:
I see his right foot move forward, right into Lane's path. I do not see any movement backwards whatsoever

Kinda my point, some see it one way, others see it another. I just don't think it's "clear".

It would seem that "Will I" is an example of how some "chose'' to see what they want to see.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
I don't think the video evidence is conclusive either way. He could either be trying to jump back to avoid Lane and is unsuccessful or he could be turning his shoulder/body deliberately to the right a little in order to hit Lane with his right shoulder. What is certain is that they collided - but I'm not sure whether that is worthy of a fine given that the 49er was welll back from the sideline. How many steps is Lane allowed to run along the 49er sideline before it's Lane's obligation to return to the playing field.

Will I

Reaction score
Jville":wza7954x said:
Will I":wza7954x said:
AbsolutNET":wza7954x said:
I see his right foot move forward, right into Lane's path. I do not see any movement backwards whatsoever

Kinda my point, some see it one way, others see it another. I just don't think it's "clear".

It would seem that "Will I" is an example of how some "chose'' to see what they want to see.

It would seem that "Jville" is an example of how some "chose" to see what they want to see.

Will I

Reaction score
Jville":65y85dse said:
Will I":65y85dse said:
AbsolutNET":65y85dse said:

I already said I want it be that it was deliberate, I just don't see it.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Will I":2oywmreq said:
the guy barely saw Lane coming.
He tried to hop back.. you can see it.
When you hop back, you lose balance and to compensate, your chest goes out.. and thats where he and Lane collided.

This is how I see it. But I understand how it can look the other way too. I'm interested to see what the final ruling will be.

I know you have to pay for everything over there but some eye tests would be money well spent as would the purchase of a clue.

Will I

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":gabmh8bo said:
Will I":gabmh8bo said:
When you hop back, you lose balance and to compensate, your chest goes out.. and thats where he and Lane collided.

This is how I see it. But I understand how it can look the other way too. I'm interested to see what the final ruling will be.

I know you have to pay for everything over there but some eye tests would be money well spent as would the purchase of a clue.

I'm blind because I see things differently? Cool story bro.

Jville

Reaction score
Will I":9ky7yi7e said:
Jville":9ky7yi7e said:
Will I":9ky7yi7e said:
AbsolutNET":9ky7yi7e said:

I already said I want it be that it was deliberate, I just don't see it.

My mistake ...... I should have referred to the quote .... not the poster.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
I didn't notice dude's feet moving forward -- nice observation. That's pretty damning, isn't it? How do you move forward when you're trying to get out of the way?

Jville

Reaction score
Coaches notice footwork. The people looking at the video should key in on the feet as well. There isn't any grey area as to what happen in that video. The individual that delivered the hit kept his balance by moving his feet under his upper body. The target of the hit was knocked off his feet. There isn't much room for creative interpretation.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
Will I":1x6aqi1s said:
suppaball":1x6aqi1s said:
Will I":1x6aqi1s said:
It's not obvious at all. Hence the different opinions. I've watched the gif at least 100 cycles and I can't convince myself it's intentional, and I want to believe it is. What I see is Lane come from behind the yellow line toward the field and come in contact with the coach on the way toward the field. It looks to me that the coach does make a move to get out of his way right as Lane contacts him.
This post needs glasses. The 9er coach clearly does a wwe clothes line, then follows it up with some smack talk.

This post needs glasses, because it is NOT clear.
How about obstructed view? The guy blocking the view forces us to interpret the whole sequence. Not conclusive.

Jville

Reaction score
The league will look at it frame by frame. There is enough there of the movement of the right elbow and arm as well as the feet.

This is not as serious as was the case with a coach in a set the example .... leadership position.

But the league must address the event in a manner that demands proper sideline behavior.

I would not like to see them resort to putting up a wall along the sideline like they have in hockey.

Osprey

Reaction score
BlueTalons":3itmu4o9 said:
Will I":3itmu4o9 said:
suppaball":3itmu4o9 said:
Will I":3itmu4o9 said:
It's not obvious at all. Hence the different opinions. I've watched the gif at least 100 cycles and I can't convince myself it's intentional, and I want to believe it is. What I see is Lane come from behind the yellow line toward the field and come in contact with the coach on the way toward the field. It looks to me that the coach does make a move to get out of his way right as Lane contacts him.
This post needs glasses. The 9er coach clearly does a wwe clothes line, then follows it up with some smack talk.

This post needs glasses, because it is NOT clear.
How about obstructed view? The guy blocking the view forces us to interpret the whole sequence. Not conclusive.

You can't see everything on the Zapruder film either, but it's still obvious someone had their head blown off.

mikeak

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":snn36pr2 said:
Will I":snn36pr2 said:

Mr UK - avoid personal attacks please. Applies to everyone that is calling someone blind for not agreeing with their opinion on this matter

One thing not mentioned is that the all-22 film or other video by Fox may have a different angle that we have not yet seen. That angle may be 100% clear. The discussion here is enough to clarify that it is not 100% clear in the current pictures regardless of what individuals may believe.

With that said I have seen clearly legal tackles be fined by the NFL so if someone is going to use opinions to make a decision it will be the NFL..........

lsheldon

Reaction score
There are likely other camera angles that WE don't have access to that the NFL does. I believe it was 100% unequivocal intent to interfere with a player based on the one video clip we have now. I just don't think the league will actually do anything other than a standard run of the mill fine. If they do, it would surprise me. We are Seattle after all. :sarcasm_on: The NFL couldn't give one crap about being fair with a team in Alaska. :sarcasm_off:

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Lane takes a step parallel to the yellow line. At the point of contact he is behind it (away from the field). Upon contact, Lane's left foot hits the yellow line. After contact, Lane's right foot lands awkwardly a foot or 18" in front of the yellow line, gives out from under him, and his left foot hits the ground just short of the white area as he lands on his hip/rump fully in the white area.

The "blocker" begins behind the yellow line, and bends down just before impact. As he comes up, Lane's helmet is snapped backward. Just before the action goes behind the red-sleeved man, the blocker raises up and slightly forward the instant before Lane's head snaps back and to the right. BACK and TO THE RIGHT.

The blocker ends up in front of the yellow line. Lane's body travels approximately 4 feet, without planting his foot, at an angle that could only happen with an outside force moving in a forward direction (toward the field). Imagine one of those motion-capture ping-pong balls on Lane's right hip, it would show that he was impacted with force moving toward the field.

Whether or not the blocker was intentionally trying to run into Lane, he does in fact bend his knees and step into him, changing his direction. If the blocker was moving backward, he would not have sent Lane toward the field at that angle and he would not have ended up in front of the yellow line.

Rufus

Reaction score
Osprey":x9137cvl said:
You can't see everything on the Zapruder film either, but it's still obvious someone had their head blown off.

Notice how Lane's head moves.... back and to the left. Back... and to the left.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":2wvenv8y said:
Lane takes a step parallel to the yellow line. At the point of contact he is behind it (away from the field). Upon contact, Lane's left foot hits the yellow line. After contact, Lane's right foot lands awkwardly a foot or 18" in front of the yellow line, gives out from under him, and his left foot hits the ground just short of the white area as he lands on his hip/rump fully in the white area.

The "blocker" begins behind the yellow line, and bends down just before impact. As he comes up, Lane's helmet is snapped backward. Just before the action goes behind the red-sleeved man, the blocker raises up and slightly forward the instant before Lane's head snaps back and to the right. BACK and TO THE RIGHT.

The blocker ends up in front of the yellow line. Lane's body travels approximately 4 feet, without planting his foot, at an angle that could only happen with an outside force moving in a forward direction (toward the field). Imagine one of those motion-capture ping-pong balls on Lane's right hip, it would show that he was impacted with force moving toward the field.

Whether or not the blocker was intentionally trying to run into Lane, he does in fact bend his knees and step into him, changing his direction. If the blocker was moving backward, he would not have sent Lane toward the field at that angle and he would not have ended up in front of the yellow line.

Oliver Stone needs to step up and direct a movie about this incident- get to the bottom of it.

stack600

Reaction score
It would have been better if Lane took a header into Hairball.... :thfight7: :thfight7: :thirishdrinkers: :49ersmall: :th2thumbs:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
What I noticed is that first down marker is clear before and the subject was @right side behind it..Lane is running at that line..In front of subject until subject comes foward does his sneaky crap..After this subject ends up @middle of the marker taking a step or two more foward..All this doesn't happen if he would have just stayed where he was to begin with and kept body to himself..

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Will I":pwq8ok6v said:
Jville":pwq8ok6v said:
Will I":pwq8ok6v said:
AbsolutNET":pwq8ok6v said:

It would seem that "Jville" is an example of how some "chose" to see what they want to see.

I know when I am trying to "get out of the way" of something I frequently step towards it aggressively.

Car barreling down the street as I cross it, and I move forward and lower my shoulder, you know, so I "dont get hit"

Makes sense.