Jeremy Lane hit

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":gi41twin said:
The clip being shown on NFLN shows Harbaugh grimace and immediately look up to see if it was seen by a ref.
so this is actually being reported on? first I have heard that.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
just saw the report on NFLN. Funny, they didnt even identify the individual involved.

253hawk

Reaction score
Looks like Ray Hicks, a strength and conditioning coach. Not Quinton Dial.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 2,654

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
It was absolutely Quinton Dial. Even some media outlets in the SF Bay area are saying so.

It's also much ado about very little, in the grand scheme of things. This is a guy who's a long-shot to even make the Niners' 2014 team, so what difference does it make if he's suspended.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Harbaugh's reaction says it all.

If that guy isn't fired by the Niners then something isn't right.

Dtowers

Reaction score
Fine the team. Dock them draft picks. Way worse than Tomlin's dance moves as a player was violently blasted with a cheap shot.

HawkGA

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":15go7qw0 said:
It was absolutely Quinton Dial. Even some media outlets in the SF Bay area are saying so.

It's also much ado about very little, in the grand scheme of things. This is a guy who's a long-shot to even make the Niners' 2014 team, so what difference does it make if he's suspended.

It is much ado about nothing i the sense of the outcome of the game or the importance of the person who did it. However, in terms of the integrity of the game, they cannot let something like this go unpunished. If it gets swept under the rug, it says very bad things about the NFL. I think it already says bad things about the media that I haven't seen anything about it (though it does sound like NFLN is on point).

Dtowers

Reaction score
It isn't getting swept under the rug. NFL is looking into it and based on the Tomlin incident I think they make it a heavy fine at the very minimum.

253hawk

Reaction score
In 2010, Sal Alosi (ironically also a strength and conditioning coach for the Jets) stuck his leg out to hit a gunner and got a 25K fine and a year's suspension with no pay. I think the Jets sent him packing, too. If you think this is going to get swept under the rug and is much ado about nothing, you're delusional.

[youtube]aeZ-Of_j_yI[/youtube]

-The Glove-

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":1mxj5d1b said:

FWIW, Dial adamantly denied that was him in the video

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
I tweeted a clip of this sideline hit to NFL network last night and asked why nobody was covering this, but I'm guessing that countless other similar tweets/emails were getting to the networks as the story was gaining steam in the social media

Highlordb

Reaction score
It was intentional.....Harbaugh see's lane coming and steps back...this jackarse steps in with his shoulder hoping to hit Lane....Fine his arse..

tdlabrie

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":1oiqod8p said:
Who cares? Don't care what they do to this one guy, what are they going to do to the team? And after all the crap we had to swallow from HairBall about Adderall, I'd like to see him get some bad press for a change!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Harbaugh would not say who it was in his latest presser, but did confirm it was not a player.

Quinton Dial is off the hook.

Jville

Reaction score
If teams are going to be held accountable by the NFL for sideline behavior, they have no choice but to discipline and fine the 49er organization.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
HawkGA":kba40lkc said:
NorthDallas40oz":kba40lkc said:

It is much ado about nothing i the sense of the outcome of the game or the importance of the person who did it. However, in terms of the integrity of the game, they cannot let something like this go unpunished. If it gets swept under the rug, it says very bad things about the NFL. I think it already says bad things about the media that I haven't seen anything about it (though it does sound like NFLN is on point).

I believe if Lane is in on that play the Hawks recover the ball after Lockette knocks it lose. Instead it laid on the ground for what seemed like an opportunity

Hawks46

Reaction score
If it was a coach, we're talking fines + draft picks.

If it was a player, they would punish the player individually.

Blown up, this looks much more egregious. I see something being done about it for sure.

DJrmb

Reaction score
falcongoggles":3p396fm8 said:
HawkGA":3p396fm8 said:
NorthDallas40oz":3p396fm8 said:

I believe if Lane is in on that play the Hawks recover the ball after Lockette knocks it lose. Instead it laid on the ground for what seemed like an opportunity

This is a great point! Lane for sure gets that fumble if not impeded by a cheap shot from a coach!