Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!

hawks85

Reaction score
We get picked apart way to much to not get this deal done. I'm tired of watching it. Shaq, DIggs, and now Adams that alone is a scary trio. I love pass defense I love people you can ball hawk and hit like a train. Watching the secondary play is my favorite thing about watching football.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Aros":ihunwnbc said:
Go big or go home. LOVE the balls in this transaction. The window is NOW.

This player is a difference maker. And not even in his prime. A big step in the right direction. I’m In!

Yes

As an opposing division fan. I HATE this.

Good job my hated Babydolls.

Jac

Reaction score
chris98251":97r9x6b3 said:
Well there may or may not be a college season, players may or may not play due to concerns about the virus by themselves or their schools and or cough cough interested supporters, so getting a guy at his level of play versus not only a dice role next year with limited availability to scout, but whom may not play is hedging the right direction as we see it today I think, a vaccine may not be wide spread available till next spring they way they have politicized everything and who knows what the truth really is since Doctors have gag orders now.

This can't be overstated enough when valuing this trade. It's entirely unclear right now what next year's draft looks like. Do players get scouted on 2019-20 tape? Is available elite first round talent depleted because a number of blue chip juniors want to return for a full year of college ball? Is the 2022 draft extra stacked because of these dynamics (i.e., they still have a chance to come out with a first round talent with their 2nd)? There's almost an unknowable discount factor applied to that 2021 first rounder that may have factored in. It's an expensive trade, it's a great trade, but you can't necessarily value it in a vacuum.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
FWIW, Jared Goff has the *worst* passer rating in the league for his second read. Give him his first guy and he's brilliant, but take that away, and he's crap.

You can't get to him quickly enough with a pass rush when he's going to first read all the time, so you have to take away that first read, and you can only do that with a smart secondary.

I love this move because it is specifically designed to help us with this division. If we win the division we can get some playoff games at home, PLUS face lower playoff seeds. That's huge for us.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Here's another point to consider, most NFL Draft Scouts will tell you that there are only ~20 players in an average draft that are worth 1st Round evaluation. Beyond, that, the rest are 2nd round talents or later. This is why Pete and John have traded back so often to grab more picks.

So, like someone else said, we'd be lucky to trade up high enough to get a talent like Jamal Adams. But now we don't have to do that.

We get a proven All-Pro who was the Jets Team Captain. The IQ of our backfield just jumped, a lot. Go look at the videos of Jamal breaking down plays, especially the one with Baldy and Jaws on NFL Breakdowns. Both guys are impressed with Adam's play and knowledge.

They don't just let anybody on that show either. You have to be a smart, physically talented Football Player in order to get on that show (Stephon Gilmore).

But I do have one major worry. I have this nagging feeling, that after the honeymoon period, he could cause trouble, kind of like he's doing now. This is nothing new for extremely talented players, it seems to go to their head and they feel like they're not getting compensated properly. It happens to the best, like Kam Chancellor, the issue is the degree.

Of course if that happens a year or two from now, we can trade him to a pereniall loser for a 1st and a 2nd round pick. That way our trade is a wash, and we're out very little money. :2thumbs:

ivotuk

Reaction score
Last year we got gashed in the run game, giving up 4.9 YPC, 4th worst in the NFL. If you can't stop the run, you're done. Opposing teams just wear your DLine out, and do whatever they want.

Then you get the DBs so worried about getting gashed by the run, that they miss their assignments. Still, we weren't that bad. 11-5 We were 9th in PPG at 25.3 while SF was 29.9.

We only allowed 19 passing TDS, 6 more than the Patriots, but we allowed 22 rushing Touchdowns! 3 times as many as the Patriots!

We must improve our run defense! Jamal Adams is the guy to do that. Along with Jordyn Brooks.

But I believe Jamal is going to be that catalyst that turns this defense around. We're not that bad, and with a few adjustments, should be able to get back to the NFCCG.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Its official, our front office is a disaster. Gave up the world for a player we didnt need while the glaring holes we have still remain. This move will handicap the team for years to come. As for the people defending this move by saying our first rounders never pan out anyways,,,,,,think about what your saying. If that doesnt define ineptitude, I dont know what does.

Reaction score
I'm delighted with this move. I argued for it a few weeks ago, so now that it's come off, I can't help but feel far more optimistic about the season to come, it's going to be something special watching this defence.

Adams isn't just a very good safety, he's a game changer and one of very few in the league in a non-QB position. When you think about how hard Wilson is to play against, Jamal Adams is the defensive equivalent. He is as good as Earl Thomas purely as a safety but that's not all you get from him, because he reads the game better, is excellent in the back field, as a linebacker or as a pass rusher.

I don't see this as swapping out McDougald for Adams, he's too dynamic of a player for that. If it was a like for like swap, I'd agree with all the people who are saying this is an overpriced deal. However, whilst we now have the best safety in the league adding to the defensive back unit, we also have a dangerous linebacker in the mix with KJ and Bobby, and the defensive line will hugely benefit from Adams making sweeping moves to get to the QB and RBs we face.

Adams is a top 10 player in the league, he's alongside Aaron Donald as defensive talents, but more than that, he's a dynamic game changer. There's no other player in the league with the qualities he has on defence, he's uniquely talented and you can't put a price on the impact he has on the entire defence. Like I said, this isn't merely swapping a solid safety for a brilliant one, Adams adds potency throughout the defence in a way that no other defensive player in the league does.

endzorn

Reaction score
My thoughts are multi-layered. When I first heard of the trade I thought we got absolutely fleeced and after some reflection I still think we significantly overpaid If you consider traditional draft value. BUT...I love the player. Adams immediately makes our defense less predictable and allows us to mitigate so many matchup issues. He’s a genuine weapon.

Most of all I just don’t care about their first round picks anymore. This regime doesn’t give a damn about value in the draft so I think there will be 4-5 players available in the second round who they, and literally no one else, would have taken in the first. A first round pick in Seattle holds the same value as a 3rd round pick in almost any other city. The Jets draft board will look much more like everyone else and they’ll be jacked to have those picks. We have an All-Pro playmaker. In my mind that’s a win-win.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Geologic":zg3c3zjo said:
Come on guys who else is mad? Two firsts for a (great) safety? NO one wouldve traded that for kam. We got fleeced

Jamal Adams wanted out, we could've had him for less. im so mad

Love when people make arguments like this from the outside looking in... So you think Pete and John could have done it for less and just threw in more compensation because of charity..? They said thanks so much for trading us we'll throw in an extra 1st? Lol

pmedic920

Reaction score
For those of you that are upset over this deal.....
Or even kinda on the fence.

Let me reiterate something that was mentioned up thread.

It was something that I hadn’t even considered but is really a huge plus.

Adams DID NOT end up on a division rivals roster.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
pittpnthrs":1x8osish said:
Its official, our front office is a disaster. Gave up the world for a player we didnt need while the glaring holes we have still remain. This move will handicap the team for years to come. As for the people defending this move by saying our first rounders never pan out anyways,,,,,,think about what your saying. If that doesnt define ineptitude, I dont know what does.

Our FO is in no way a disaster, even though I think they misread this situation.
As for a lot of those decrying the value of (our) first round picks, I wonder how that makes guys like Brooks feel.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Appyhawk":ea6k54dx said:
Our FO is in no way a disaster, even though I think they misread this situation.
As for a lot of those decrying the value of (our) first round picks, I wonder how that makes guys like Brooks feel.

The funny part is, the Jets are gonna blow the picks, and they'll still suck for at least the next ten years... :lol:

tersal

Reaction score
HawksSoc":2sokjk14 said:
Outrageous price. 2 First Rounders?!

Nothing further from the truth. First-round picks are expected to produce early in their careers, sadly history begs to differ.

Some Seahawks 1st round picks.
2008 Lawrence Jackson did not pan out at all.
2009 Aaron Curry did not pan out at all.
2011 James Carpenter did not pan out at all.
2016 Germain Ifedi did not pan out at all.

The point is that the draft is a crap shoot contrast these failed first-round picks with later round team picks and undrafted free agents.
Richard Sherman all time Seahawk great future hall of famer. Kam Chancellor all time Seahawk great possible hall of famer. Michael Bennet UDFA super-strong performer possible hall of Famer. Doug Baldwin super-strong performer possible hall of famer. Steve Largent all time Seahawk great hall of famer. Pete and john know exactly what they are doing!

May I also note the highest paid saftey lin the league is Eddie Jackson a fourth round pick though he would have went higher if not for injury.

Another point that must get considered is the money saved on the draftpicks can go in to resigning produuctive young talent. DK Metcalf, hopefully a healthy Will Dissly , hopfully LJ Collier and Rasheem Green. How many time do teams lose fine young talent due to the salary cap.

Finally for fans that remember the great do it all Seahawk safety Kenny Easley the Seahawks just traded for a clone!

Johnny Dimes

Reaction score
Saving $2 mil with Adams on rookie contract set to make roughly $900k and McDougald would’ve likely been cut anyways we weren’t about to pay him $4 mil. Now we can go after an edge

Leee-roy

Reaction score
My question is will they give him the freedom to move around like he has or stick him in the middle of a vanilla zone scheme? Will his body hold up to all the banging long term?

Chawker

Reaction score
Just like any other star player John and Pete have went out and acquired, first they over pay for him and they never live up to the hype. Sure J. Adams will help a little across the board pass coverage, tackling, ints, and even a few sacks, but our front four is "lacking" at best it will be another long year with us falling just short of our main goal.

Did Seattle over pay for Adams.... Hell yah! For the next two years we'll be dancing at the draft with a bucket on one foot. We need a front four that can get to the QB and stop the run, not a top 25th defense rather a top 10 defense.

Welcome Jamal Adams. Cheers

Latest posts