Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!

John63

Reaction score
ivotuk":2tinap9v said:
Look at our backfield when we were the #1 defense 4 years in a row. QB had to hold the ball...

Our biggest problem with the pass rush has been coverage. WR/TE/RBs are wide open coming off the line and the ball is out in 2 seconds. NO Dline can get to the QB in that amount of time.

The revamped DBs will eliminate that, and people like Jarran Reed (his sacks will increase) will look like a steal halfway through the season.

Now is the time for Clowney to come back on a 1 year deal. This backfield will allow him to put up the kind of numbers he needs in order to get that big money contract, and for us to get a 3rd round compensatory pick in 2022.

Edit: One more thing, the Rams were trying to trade for Jamal too. With what? I don't know. The 49ers might have been in that mix. So it's great that we got him, and they didn't. :2thumbs:

Actually are the biggest problem with pass rush is not getting to the QB, no DB can cover for ever. The reality is one without the other is a fail, you need both

IN the end we still have offensive issues, pass blocking, #3wr and the system.

Till we change the offensive system we will never get past 2nd round, and we will only get that far because our defense gets better and Wilson well he is Wilson. The problem is he should not have to be near perfect for us to win.

Elemas

Reaction score
I'd trade a 3rd, McDowell, and Collier for this all day. Look at our history in the 1st.

Stamp of arrival all day, any day on this. Especially considering next year's draft.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
The addition of Adams AND Dunbar to a defensive backfield fronted by one of the, if not the, best linebacking crew in the game is a very enticing prospect, to be sure. Our linebackers should be able to do a better job stopping the run and stop gapping the short stuff in the pass game, both of which really gashed our D last year.
I HATE the price, but the result is a difference making scenario compared to what we brought last year. Gotta think our rush will be better this year than it was last year. How can it not be?
I'm just worried we are giving up any hope of improving our O Line and D Line anytime soon. You have to win the line of scrimmage to win.

Own The West

Reaction score
ivotuk":1b6tsyzu said:
Look at our backfield when we were the #1 defense 4 years in a row. QB had to hold the ball...

Our biggest problem with the pass rush has been coverage. WR/TE/RBs are wide open coming off the line and the ball is out in 2 seconds. NO Dline can get to the QB in that amount of time.

The revamped DBs will eliminate that, and people like Jarran Reed (his sacks will increase) will look like a steal halfway through the season.

Now is the time for Clowney to come back on a 1 year deal. This backfield will allow him to put up the kind of numbers he needs in order to get that big money contract, and for us to get a 3rd round compensatory pick in 2022.

Edit: One more thing, the Rams were trying to trade for Jamal too. With what? I don't know. The 49ers might have been in that mix. So it's great that we got him, and they didn't. :2thumbs:

I agree. We get back to press and big nickel with this set of DBs.

If I'm Clowney, I'd come back here since sacks hurt my value on the open market this year and there's no better place for a lineman to get sacks than in front of this secondary.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":2mx75uol said:
vonstout":2mx75uol said:
John63":2mx75uol said:
again what good is a safety when the QB has all day due to no pass rush

what good is a safety when your QB is running for his life again.

I love the plaeyrs, hate teh price adn the fact we still have bigger needs
Also Wilson did not get his wich

were is the pass rush, were is the offensive weapons ie 3rd WR, were is the pass protection.

They went into this off season with 4 needs

pass rush
pass blocking
#3 wr option
another RB

we are 1 for 4 that is bad

Hyde had a great year so that checks that box.
Phillip Dorset should be a very good #3 WR so that was filled too
Mayowa, Irvin, and Adams all would have led the Hawks in sacks last year and they drafted 2 DEs that both had good stats in college. I think the rush will be better.

That’s 3 out of 4.

Dorsett is a question mark so not solved.
All olien man picked up our known run blocker sand bad pass blocker,
great they had sacks, but does not so0lve dline issue

sp at best 1 of 4 and thats assuming Hyde can produce in this system, which in itself is a huge issue

Are we going to go through this again with how incorrect your "known run blocker sand bad pass blocker" statements are?

Why does this insidious falsehood keep creeping into every topic?

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Really smart kid as well..you'll likely have to go to YouTube to watch this, but well worth the time.

[youtube]PCeQFVtog7w[/youtube]

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Put me down for liking this acquisition, mainly because our defense needs another playmaker and Jamal fits the bill. The price was steep but what the hay. Life is short and I don't have that many Seahawks seasons left so I love the acquisition.

kf3339

Reaction score
Normally you would say this was a completely stupid trade from our FO. Bradley and two first rounders is just dumb. But then again we have absolutely no clue how to draft 1st rounders, or even high 2nd rounders for that matter. So getting him for what basically would be wasted draft picks and Bradley makes a lot of sense. The 3rd and 4th round pick exchange pretty much cancels each other out.

How the dollars will work out next year with a potential cap reduction and his contract demands is still a big question mark. But I would rather bet on a potential superstar player than watch us screw up any more top ends of our next two drafts.

So I am on board with this move! :2thumbs:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This is an expensive trade! Yikes!!! Whether it’s a good trade won’t be known until the player is re-signed.

I had a sense that McDougald was going to be traded, but for cap reasons.

Adams is a legitimate star SS, and improves the defensive backfield immensely. The question has to be asked what is to be done with Blair?

The defensive backfield is now quite strong! Pretty solid depth too.

Northhawk

Reaction score
CPHawk":2soakrsj said:
flv":2soakrsj said:
Great player. NFL position of low importance. NFL position of low Seahawks need. Big overpay. Looks like 1 more win in 2020, neutral in 2021, and 1 less win per year in the following 3 years.

The safety is the lynch pen for Pete's defenses. Maybe Safety is "low" impotence other places, but here he is the key.

This is true.

Still a steep price to pay.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
I suspect the people not happy with the cost of this trade are not considering the importance of safeties in Pete Carroll's defensive scheme, and also haven't considered the teams we play 2 games a year against.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
FortWorthSeahawk":2v5v8sk6 said:
Really smart kid as well..you'll likely have to go to YouTube to watch this, but well worth the time.
E
Love that video. We got a smart and really good football player.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":h6ohoxuf said:
FortWorthSeahawk":h6ohoxuf said:
E
Love that video. We got a smart and really good football player.

Well.. the guy has some Football IQ and I can't wait to see him.. he looks great.. and you know, we will have to call him the "Cleaner"

nwHawk

Reaction score
Mixed bag. I love the way Adam's play. He will fit in totally! Great mindset the 2nd 1st was tough to give up, but the kid is a 24 year old stud. Would have rather given up just a 1st and a 3rd, but the Hawk's 1st round "choices" have been sub par for years. Had we gotten another 3rd or 4th rd pick back it would have been great.

Off the soap box. The player is solid and a great fit. Ready for football. Go hawks!

John63

Reaction score
pmedic920":3it9vieu said:
John63":3it9vieu said:
pmedic920":3it9vieu said:
John63":3it9vieu said:
also don't forget a weak pass blocking, I understand were you are coming form but the price and what other holes we have and the system we play does not look good at all. If we are a boat, and we have 4 holes, great we patched done guess what we're still leaking adn likely goign down

You don’t have to patch all 4 holes in a leaky boat, as long as you patch a couple of them, and slow the leakage of the others down.

Glass is half full, Bro.
Cheer up.

Yoy do if the wholes are big enough. No pass rush or pass protection are huge.

Have you watched the kid?

Do you understand that he can blitz.

Look at the videos I posted up thread.

We can’t address “pass protection” with a defensive guy.

This addition will help slow the leaks, especially when you consider our D line situation.

A solid stable of DBs, can absolutely make up for a mediocre D line and lack of a monster DE.

Not the best case scenario but it will go a long ways.

Again no pass rush and no pass blocking.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Well if you consider him as our 1st rd pick for next year, then all we gave up is a 1st and a 3rd..and then the realization that we actually have a 1st that should be all that we could ever want from a 1st.

John63

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2hkkzcmt said:
The window is closing for pete and russ. John is just worried Russ wont get the shine. Idgaf. I want a damn title.

Okay ridiculous post

nanomoz

Reaction score
I am so stoked. Adams changes the whole demeanor and energy of the defense. He's one of those rare players that (to use Carroll's lexicon) "tilts the field."

Two firsts is a lot, but, the one in 2021 is probably less valuable than a first round pick has ever been with the limited football season (maybe?).

chris98251

Reaction score
We are not done I would think, we still need pass rushers and a DT presence if Pete has questions about it, we may not be done making moves I would think.

We also have to remember, the NFC west has set itself up to be a pass first division with a dynamic run game to control the clock and punish the other teams, we needed a thumper presence at Safety, I said it last year as well, McDougald was a smart heady player who helped get people in position and show our young guys how to be pros, but he was no Kam, this guy is more Kam like and is better in coverage also.

Latest posts