Jaguar Fan I come in peace

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Welcome! I have 2 questions:

1. What is the thought on Bradley so far?
2. Do you guys like your new jerseys and helmets? Personally, I thought you had some great unis in the 90s, and things have progressively gotten worse.

Thanks

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I like the Jags, they knocked the Steelers out of the playoffs, and the Broncos. Good deeds shall not go unthanked.

OP
OP
J

Jag4life00

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1ibbnm3z said:

2. Do you guys like your new jerseys and helmets? Personally, I thought you had some great unis in the 90s, and things have progressively gotten worse.

Thanks

Bradley's young so he gets a pass this year, can't really judge him until next year. I'll say this I was disappointed with how ill prepared we seemed these first two weeks. Some of that is a lack of talent some of it is a lack of discipline which is either a maturity issue or a coaching issue. I am however encouraged by his energy and his general desire to win, he doesn't seem complacent with losing so that's a big plus for me.

I hate the new uni's and helmets, I hated the last design as well. I agree 100% our uni's where the best in the 90's and have gotten progressively worse, but oh well what can you do. I won't wear those God awful jersey's but there's a certain sector of our fan base that seems to love them so I guess to each his own.

I like the current Uni's you guys have now, hated the neon green thing a while back you had going on, kind of like our Gold helmets.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
plyka":2uu04xys said:
Expect next week to be similar to the Carolina game. If the Hawks win, expect a closer game. It could be higher scoring, it could be lower scoring, but the game will be close. I expect the Hawks to eak out a win. Everyone saw how pumped the Hawks were against the 49ers, next week will be a let down game. I still expect the Hawks to pull it out, but it'll be close, and the Jags have a better chance to win next week than the 49ers had a chance to win this week.

Ahhhh! So cute! It's like watching a group of puppies playing. You're take on next week's game is just so...So... Adorable!

Tumblr mevoilFVZd1rjvhbwo1 500

C-Dub

Reaction score
Jag4life00":7xwntnqk said:
Missing_Clink":7xwntnqk said:

Thanks

Bradley's young so he gets a pass this year, can't really judge him until next year. I'll say this I was disappointed with how ill prepared we seemed these first two weeks. Some of that is a lack of talent some of it is a lack of discipline which is either a maturity issue or a coaching issue. I am however encouraged by his energy and his general desire to win, he doesn't seem complacent with losing so that's a big plus for me.

I hate the new uni's and helmets, I hated the last design as well. I agree 100% our uni's where the best in the 90's and have gotten progressively worse, but oh well what can you do. I won't wear those God awful jersey's but there's a certain sector of our fan base that seems to love them so I guess to each his own.

I like the current Uni's you guys have now, hated the neon green thing a while back you had going on, kind of like our Gold helmets.
Major lack of talent. I figured Gus would have been able to pick up some talent in FA or bring in more UDFA. I thought you guys were going to be ok this year, but damn, it looks worse than I could have ever imagined. You made the Raiders look good.

At least you'll be one game closer to Teddy Bridgewater. If you can land a few more offensive weapons on offense and use Bradley to build a defense, you can be competitive in a few years for sure. Just get ready for some prevent D if the game is ever on the line.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Someone earlier asked about Blackmon, he's suspended for the first 4 games. It's basically Cecil Shorts and only Cecil Shorts. If you saw what happened to Bouldin, I can only imagine what will hapen to Shorts.

Jacksonville's one of the few other stadiums I've been to in the NFL. I have a lot of family in FL but rarely go during football season.

Rebuilding sucks, but with the right drafting and true competition, you guys can be back up in a few years. Have to turn that roster over though.

kearly

Reaction score
Hang tough Jags fan. I've always liked the Jags, ever since the Coughlin/Brunell days. FWIW, this next draft might be as good or better for QBs than 2012 was, so that's a big problem about to be fixed for your team. And I might be in the minority, but I think the new Jags uniforms are sick and I actually like the new helmets.

Zowert

Reaction score
If you have any Seahawks on your fantasy team, START EM' next Sunday for sure!

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Hey ...
Welcome aboard ... how you have a good stay here this week ....
What's up with you guys signing TeBow?
Do you think he can help?

yeastmode

Reaction score
Jag4life00":2bjfrxxb said:
I do think however had Gabbert had some decent coaching his rookie year or even last year we might be singing a different song. But I'm pretty sure his time has come and gone in Jacksonville, new regime almost always translates to new QB, he won't be missed.

With the first pick of the 2014 NFL draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select...

Johnny Manziel

Seeker

Reaction score
Actually the jaguars probably stand decent chance against us believe it or not.

1. Seattle is coming off a big home win against the rivals, may overlook jags.

2. Gus knows us and usually owns bevel in practice.

3. we don't know what the seahawks will look like minus okung, jags dline isn't weak.

4. Not only do you have our dcordinator but a lot of former seahawks, all who are familiar with our playbooks, our tendencies....

granted you are probably missing mjd this week and have no qb, but any given sunday bro.

im not gonna taunt no jags fans. bad karma.

kearly

Reaction score
Seeker":3b925hz0 said:

3. we don't know what the seahawks will look like minus okung, jags dline isn't weak.

4. Not only do you have our dcordinator but a lot of former seahawks, all who are familiar with our playbooks, our tendencies....

granted you are probably missing mjd this week and have no qb, but any given sunday bro.

I agree on the last part.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Seeker":3kkq5kpk said:

Anyone remember that one of Sarkisian's first big wins at UW was against USC, his former employer?
Can't recall if it was home or road, but a lot of the factors mentioned were in play.
So we may not have a great offensive game.

I can't see Jacksonville's offense doing much, so maybe a close first half, and then adjustments and overall talent level kick in. But if the Jags are going toe-to-toe and forget to blink, we could be in for a game. The 12's are the X factor that makes it really tough for the Jags.

P.S. I was always a Mark Brunell fan and enjoyed the work he did for the Jags, including some key playoff wins. Loved his mobility, and his toughness, mental toughness in coming back from injuries as well.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Vetamur":66ktbd1x said:
man...Im sure many of us here remember being in that situation. A lot of Seahawk history was spent just hoping the other team didn't show up. For years I coped by focusing on my favorite players and his particular stats. Of course I wanted the Seahawks to win, but assuming they couldn't I just wanted Kennedy to get his tackles or Blades to get his yards...

It was so sparse in the rewards department being a Hawks fan then... but we'd get highlights were like the games where Denver came in 15-0 and we were 1-14 and beat them in a driving rainstorm, but they still wound up with homefield advantage in the playoffs. I know the records are a slight exaggeration, but only a game or two. Moral victories abounded...
Makes me really appreciate and marvel at our current juggernaut.

Sac

Reaction score
Lynch will have 18 carries for 110 yards and 2TDs

Turbin will have 12 carries for 65 yards

Michael will have 8 carries for 30 yards and 1TD

Ware will have 5 carries for 15 yards

Coleman will have 2 carries for 5 yards

Total: 45 rushes, 225 yards, 3TDs

Russell Wilson will be 14-19 for 185 yards and 2 TDs

1FG

Time of Possession: 42 minutes - 18 minutes

Seahawks win 38-0

Throwdown

Reaction score
They can know all they want about our tendencies and play book, they don't have the talent at all. Also the game is here, no let down to see here folks

30-6 and I'm being generous with 6.

RockHawk

Reaction score
Yep, for once I'm completely overconfident that we'll win easily this week. Since that never happens to me, I'm letting it this time because I know my team WON'T allow that to happen to them.

100% we win this game by double digits, and the Jags don't score more than 6 points.

drdiags

Reaction score
From what I have read for teams favored by this large a spread is that the last 8 failed to cover. Missing LT and rusty offense probably means the unexpected happens and the team explodes against a game opponent who will come out to disprove the crazy spread against them. I say they cover but it isn't going to start out like one big old party or homecoming game.

I wonder if Guy is going to play? Would keep an eye out for him trying to put the hurt on anything moving in blue. Not sure he has been active in the first two games. Didn't see him in the opener on special teams or any defensive packages.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2rl96pif said:
Lynch will have 18 carries for 110 yards and 2TDs

Turbin will have 12 carries for 65 yards

Michael will have 8 carries for 30 yards and 1TD

Ware will have 5 carries for 15 yards

Coleman will have 2 carries for 5 yards

Total: 45 rushes, 225 yards, 3TDs

Russell Wilson will be 14-19 for 185 yards and 2 TDs

1FG

Time of Possession: 42 minutes - 18 minutes

Seahawks win 38-0

What??? No pick six's?? No safeties?? No 105 yard kick-off return?? :white_flag:

(no disrespect to any jags fans, you'll be back)