Jaguar Fan I come in peace

drdiags

Reaction score
If the owner is willing to give Gus 3 yrs, I think he can be successful. At least I am pulling for him just like I did for Jim Zorn. Hopefully he has a better outcome.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I have a lot of respect for you. It takes a brave person to come in here knowing full well that their team will most likely lose.

I hope the Jags do well this year. I really like Bradley and I hope he can turn things around. Your guys' issues seem to be talent-related, which is a similar situation to when Caroll and John Schneider took over here 4 offseasons ago. There's hope!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Jag4life00":1jtbcmfu said:
Hey Seattle Fans, I come in peace! Just wanted to stop in and say hi, really shouldn't be much of a game in all honesty, we're in another rebuild year, again.

Congrats on the big win over the 49ers, you guys looked sharp. can't really think of anything that would make this game competitive other then the Seahawks just not showing up.

Few bright spots on the Jaguars roster our rookie safety looks legit Cyprien #37 our rookie right tackle Luke is going through some growing pains so I expect plenty of sacks, up the middle our line is bad.

MJD doesn't look the same post injury, hopefully he can get things going but I'd be surprised if it was this week, he might not even play this week?

QB well........

Good luck enjoy the game, always nice to meet and great fans from other teams, so long as you're not the tacks or clots.

Hang in there. Looks like you're on the fast track for Clowney or Bridgewater, hope is on the way.

Just won't come Sunday.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Boy if we can't all relate to this gentlemen. I always root for the Jaguars. Reminds me a lot of the Seahawks of year's past. Always the underdog...Easy for me to root for teams like that.

The Jags day will come. Gus will get them in the right direction...Just need a couple years or so.

PS...Rest your starters next Sunday. You're welcome. :)

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Welcome to the site, mate. A lot of us know exactly what you're going through right now. Tough times to be a fan, but that's how you earn your stripes. I think you'll find quite a few 'Hawks fans pulling for the Jaguars, aside from this week of course. There are some coach/player ties down there, and a lot of us really want them to do well.

And don't worry; we'll try to stomp the Colts and Oilers... er, Texans and Flaming Thumbtacks for you too.

OP
OP
J

Jag4life00

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the warm welcome guys!

I'm not overly worried about this year, actually pulling for you guys in the NFC this year, always had good interaction with Seahawks and Browns fans.

I gotta say when you guys went and signed Pete Carroll I wasn't sure how he would translate to the NFL obviously it's working. Do you guys think it has more to do with the drafting by your GM or with Pete Carroll's coaching or an even combination of both?

Just looking for some feedback on what worked so well up there. You don't get to many Seattle updates in North East Florida.

OP
OP
J

Jag4life00

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2yy8umak said:
I have a feeling our game is just going to be a low-scoring snoozer. No offense to Jacksonville, as Seattle fans we'd like to see Gus do well. But they just don't have many if any weapons. Great QB's fail in Seattle. Bad QB's can only prey they have a running game at all. I hate to be overly confident but I just don't see a competitive game. However I think Seattle will be trying to just get the W and get out injury free so I see a super conservative boring game plan coming our way to shorten the game.

All that being said it'll be fun to see a battle of the most drastically revised uniforms. So there's that.

I don't man unless the Seahawks just pull up on the throttle you guys should have no problem scoring into the 30's. Our defense was gutted this offseason we let Derek Cox go to San Diego, Terrence Knighton go to Denver, and Daryl Smith go to Baltimore. It left us raw and young on defense, which might translate into better down the road but right now it's just raw and young.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's definitely a combination. PC's coaching and to me, our true MVP is GM John Schneider. The guy is a Sage. This is not a team built with high priced free agents and first round draft picks. Our team is comprised of a lot of later round guys, heck look no further than Russell Wilson. He epitomizes the Seahawks. 3rd round selection, tons of draft gurus thought he was too short to amount to anything more than a backup QB. Our team is full of players that have chips on their shoulders for various reasons. You add to the mix that they will all go to war with Carroll and there's your championship formula.

Pete Carroll will get most the credit as head coach but we Seahawks fans know the real ace in the deck is our GM.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Vetamur":2ix1glmg said:
man...Im sure many of us here remember being in that situation. A lot of Seahawk history was spent just hoping the other team didn't show up. For years I coped by focusing on my favorite players and his particular stats. Of course I wanted the Seahawks to win, but assuming they couldn't I just wanted Kennedy to get his tackles or Blades to get his yards...

I thought the same thing when I read his post.

Welcome to .NEt! I have a soft spot for the Jags....Brunell went there and did well, and I liked me some Gus Bradley and I hope he succeeds (except against us).

The signs we're getting from our team is that they don't underestimate anyone. They almost seem paranoid about being complacent. This was a huge win for us, so we might come out a bit flat, but overall this game feels like if I was to beat up my 4 year old. I feel bad for what's about to happen, and the only optimism is that we put our 2nd team in in the 3rd quarter and sit on a 21 point lead.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Aros":1frwveum said:
It's definitely a combination. PC's coaching and to me, our true MVP is GM John Schneider. The guy is a Sage. This is not a team built with high priced free agents and first round draft picks. Our team is comprised of a lot of later round guys, heck look no further than Russell Wilson. He epitomizes the Seahawks. 3rd round selection, tons of draft gurus thought he was too short to amount to anything more than a backup QB. Our team is full of players that have chips on their shoulders for various reasons. You add to the mix that they will all go to war with Carroll and there's your championship formula.

Pete Carroll will get most the credit as head coach but we Seahawks fans know the real ace in the deck is our GM.

I don't think Carroll gets enough credit, actually. He assembled and built one of, if not the best, coaching staffs in the NFL. Without their ability to coach up the draft picks (that he and John collaborate on), we don't talk about Schneider with the same reverent tones. It really a circle between the two.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree. I didn't mean to suggest Schneider was the only real factor...Without Carroll, this boat ain't floatin'. They need each other. Neither can be as good as they can be without the other. Agreed.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
My "soft spot" team has always been the browns. Why? because they perpetually suck, yet, they have some of the best fans - a fan base not unlike our own. They are always in full throat even in terrible seasons.

I do feel bad for the Jags and hope they find success, but their fan base sure isn't inspiring the team to perform (of course neither is the team, to the fans... its mutual). I know there are hardcores, and they are probably the ones we see filter in here... props to them.. but I have never heard of a team having so much trouble putting buts in seats...

I heard on mike and mike this morning, a local TV station near Jacksonville showed the Oakland - Jacksonville game - because they were contractually obligated to due to the location. They APOLOGIZED to their viewers, who apparently complained that they wanted to see an different game... I know Florida has a lot of castoffs from other areas, but still.

It's actually a little sad, if the team doesn't start playing well enough to fill the stadium, the team will eventually re-locate... So in many ways, Gus Bradley was sent to try and save the sinking ship... if he fails, we may have the Los Angeles Jaguars.

OP
OP
J

Jag4life00

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3pk3jdg1 said:
Aros":3pk3jdg1 said:

I don't think Carroll gets enough credit, actually. He assembled and built one of, if not the best, coaching staffs in the NFL. Without their ability to coach up the draft picks (that he and John collaborate on), we don't talk about Schneider with the same reverent tones. It really a circle between the two.

I can relate to the need to coach up draft picks. Our previous GM Gene Smith gets a ton of hate from the Jaguars fan base, but some of his picks where great, problem was they where never developed.

Granted in Gene Smiths later years he got desperate and reached on many picks that just sealed his fate, Gabbert being one of them, we NEEDED a QB so he moved up instead of staying the course and over paid for what has been an awful QB.

I do think however had Gabbert had some decent coaching his rookie year or even last year we might be singing a different song. But I'm pretty sure his time has come and gone in Jacksonville, new regime almost always translates to new QB, he won't be missed.

davidonmi

Reaction score
is this the week we get michael in just for experience, don't really need him pass blocking. There should be no more than 25 passes from russell this week, just run the ball, play defense, and win 20-3 or something

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The fact that Carroll got to hire his own GM really has made a difference too. He got to hand pick the guy who would be helping to bring players in. It just is not normal for a Head Coach to choose their team's GM. Their philosophies are working together and they have the same goals for the types of things they want to see.

Not many other organizations can say that, and it is a formula that we may see more of in the NFL now that the Seahawks have shown how successful it can be in such a short amount of time. Maybe head coaches will be given a little more say in who the GM is.

OP
OP
J

Jag4life00

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":32ffrzf8 said:
My "soft spot" team has always been the browns. Why? because they perpetually suck, yet, they have some of the best fans - a fan base not unlike our own. They are always in full throat even in terrible seasons.

I do feel bad for the Jags and hope they find success, but their fan base sure isn't inspiring the team to perform (of course neither is the team, to the fans... its mutual). I know there are hardcores, and they are probably the ones we see filter in here... props to them.. but I have never heard of a team having so much trouble putting buts in seats...

I heard on mike and mike this morning, a local TV station near Jacksonville showed the Oakland - Jacksonville game - because they were contractually obligated to due to the location. They APOLOGIZED to their viewers, who apparently complained that they wanted to see an different game... I know Florida has a lot of castoffs from other areas, but still.

It's actually a little sad, if the team doesn't start playing well enough to fill the stadium, the team will eventually re-locate... So in many ways, Gus Bradley was sent to try and save the sinking ship... if he fails, we may have the Los Angeles Jaguars.

Please allow me to go on the record about his misconception, and mind you this is no way direct at you.

Jacksonville hasn't had a problem filling the seats in several years now, the photos Yahoo posted showing those empty seats where from the end of the game after a blow out loss, yes the fans left early but the game was in no way shape or form empty from the start which is the perception that's pushed about Jacksonville.

We've got tarps covering 10,000 seats but the stadium still holds 60k every Sunday, we struggle with the luxury box sales but the general bowl hasn't been an issue. Proof of this is when the NFL allowed teams to lower there blackout number to 85% Jacksonville was one of the teams that elected to NOT take the new limit.

We haven't had blackout issues in years, but the media never mentions that. I think the last game blacked out was in 2009?

The teams really in no danger of moving to LA, so please understand the woes of the Jaguars are on the field, for a team that's been on the wrong side of .500 for almost a decade, they fill the stadium pretty well.

I know you'd never know this unless you visited Jacksonville sometimes when I read the sports media I just scratch my head. Last week was the perfect example a sold out game but they show photos of the 4th quarter when everyone's leaving to hash up a Tebow story.

Shock2k

Reaction score
We've all been there Jags fan. We've seen some dark times with the Seahawks. BUT, the Seahawks went from a 7-9 playoff joke in a joke of a division to Playoff contenders and the strongest division in the league. The worm will turn. (Unless your a Browns fan, they just need to abandon hope)

OP
OP
J

Jag4life00

Reaction score
Shock2k":1u6cjcwb said:
We've all been there Jags fan. We've seen some dark times with the Seahawks. BUT, the Seahawks went from a 7-9 playoff joke in a joke of a division to Playoff contenders and the strongest division in the league. The worm will turn. (Unless your a Browns fan, they just need to abandon hope)

I do find it interesting how your entire division turned it around, I'm not sold on the Rams yet but between you guys, the 49ers and Arizona that's one strong division.

plyka

Reaction score
Jag4life00":1frzjahm said:
Hey Seattle Fans, I come in peace! Just wanted to stop in and say hi, really shouldn't be much of a game in all honesty, we're in another rebuild year, again.

Congrats on the big win over the 49ers, you guys looked sharp. can't really think of anything that would make this game competitive other then the Seahawks just not showing up.

Few bright spots on the Jaguars roster our rookie safety looks legit Cyprien #37 our rookie right tackle Luke is going through some growing pains so I expect plenty of sacks, up the middle our line is bad.

MJD doesn't look the same post injury, hopefully he can get things going but I'd be surprised if it was this week, he might not even play this week?

QB well........

Good luck enjoy the game, always nice to meet and great fans from other teams, so long as you're not the tacks or clots.

Any Seahawk fan who is overconfident after the 49ers win should get ready for a shock now. After week 1's Carolina win/stinker, I came on this site telling everyone EXPECT A WIN against the 49ers. Why? Because your mental frame makes all the difference in the NFL. The teams are so closely even, that something as small as your frame of mind can turn a big win into a loss. I saw the Hawks defense coming out against Carolina TALKING to each other, they couldn't even muster up enough energy to give a high five to one another --before the first snap a few defensive guys gave each other nonchalant low fives. The difference between that and the display at home last night is evident to all --the Carolina offense looked able to move to ball against this D. Slashing this defense for 5 yard rush gains at will. The 49ers, although a much better team ran into a brick wall.

Expect next week to be similar to the Carolina game. If the Hawks win, expect a closer game. It could be higher scoring, it could be lower scoring, but the game will be close. I expect the Hawks to eak out a win. Everyone saw how pumped the Hawks were against the 49ers, next week will be a let down game. I still expect the Hawks to pull it out, but it'll be close, and the Jags have a better chance to win next week than the 49ers had a chance to win this week.

Winterfell

Reaction score
Anyone remember back in the mid-2000's when the Jaguars consistently had one of the top defenses year to year? They would always out-physical and beat the crap out of the Steelers (similar to us breaking the will of the 49ers and Cowboys), and were the largest team in the league. They had the two nasty 6'6" and 6'7" DTs Marcus Stroud and John Henderson (arguably the best DT tandem in the league besides the Williams in Minnesota) and lengthy ball-hawk Rashean Mathis.

The Seahawks were offensive powerhouses back then with a small, speedy finesse defense and I remember thinking to myself that I wished one day we would change our defensive philosophy and construct a defense similar to those Jags. Now we have indeed made a successful switch after several years of rebuilding and it's so much fun to watch.

Anyways, welcome to the Seahawks board. I just brought up this story because back then I had a lot of respect for the Jaguar's defense. You seem like a very loyal fan to your team, and courteous towards ours, hopefully the rebuilding process in JAX won't be too prolonged.