Jacquizz Rodgers

OP
OP
Falcan Moore

Falcan Moore

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1moadllt said:
He's better than Forsett. Can make people miss like crazy, excellent cutbacks, but better burst and terrific balance. He'll victimize Red Bryant for sure.

That said, there were a ton of Brian Russell-style "OLE!" tackle attempts in there. Seattle's back seven isn't nearly that bad. If he's only getting six carries and 3 receptions per game, it makes me wonder if the reason he's not starting is the same reason Forsett didn't - his production would drop as a feature back. He's still having a lot of ordinary 4-yard carries in run looks (3.9 YPC), so his boom/bust production definitely reminds me of Forsett.

The screen game is more worrisome, but he enjoys a ton of room because of zone coverage against your receivers (who are also willing blockers).
He reminds me a bit of Forsett, but overall I'd say he's his own guy. His YPC is 3.9, true, but he started to really do well after the bye week, averaged around 5 yards or so. He usually won't break off a huge run, so his production looks like it might be similar to Turner even with more carries - but Turner gets a good 40-50 yard run occasionally that rockets his already low YPC, or he might be around a 2.5. Turner has a lot of -1 to 2 yard carries, whereas Quizz will get 3-6 yards consistently, then a fifteen yarder occasionally. Our most underrated receiving weapon for sure, DVOA has him as the #4 RB when catching the ball.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Falcan thanks for the post that was cool of you to share. I lived in Salem, OR for a few years while Quiz and his brother James played at Oregon State. I used to see them around town a lot. He is a super guy. He would always call me, "Sir" and was always really respectful to fans who would ask him to sign jerseys, etc.

One thing about him reminds me of our QB DangeRuss Wilson. It's funny how every week when a team plays us you hear the opposing players say, "Man he is small!" Quiz and James are the same to me, they are both super small but really stout and quick.

Glad you guys got him and I hope he has many productive years for you, he's a great kid.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Quizz does scare the crap out of me, he is excellent at cutting back and those types of backs have usually given us trouble in the past.

OP
OP
Falcan Moore

Falcan Moore

Reaction score
Timberhawk":j9gtn0c2 said:
Falcan thanks for the post that was cool of you to share. I lived in Salem, OR for a few years while Quiz and his brother James played at Oregon State. I used to see them around town a lot. He is a super guy. He would always call me, "Sir" and was always really respectful to fans who would ask him to sign jerseys, etc.

One thing about him reminds me of our QB DangeRuss Wilson. It's funny how every week when a team plays us you hear the opposing players say, "Man he is small!" Quiz and James are the same to me, they are both super small but really stout and quick.

Glad you guys got him and I hope he has many productive years for you, he's a great kid.
Yeah, I've been getting some crap on TATF because some people were complaining about how Russell was being compared to Ryan and who was better. I keep saying that he's for real, that he's being underrated by our fans and he could make us pay with both his arm and his legs, and they kept saying Wilson's a flash in the pan...I think he's top 10 in the league easy, and as a rookie, he has potential even greater than that. Kid has intangibles all over the place. Definitely my favorite rookie QB, and I look forward to seeing us try and smack him around on Sunday. :)