Is Wilson generally unhappy with the run-based offense

LymonHawk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":31thue8r said:
Is it possible Russell Wilson got to the center of a tootsie roll pop in only two licks?

The world may never know.

In just two licks? And his wife left him? Something doesn't smell right.

Maybe he beat her?

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":8blo2l14 said:
Hate to tell you the facts do not show that having a top Defense and run game without a top QB more often than not wins you a SB. Les just look at the last 10 SB winning QBS

Brady
WIlson
Flacco
E Manning x2
ROdgers
Brees
Roths
P Manning

Hmm seems like 10 top line QBs to me.

You have to go back to SB 37 last time a non top line QB won a SB. In fact in the last 20 years it has only happened 2 times

Objection, your honour! Argument is irrelevant.

The odds of another team making it to the Super Bowl under a different system are completely irrelevant because the Seahawks have been to the last two Super Bowls using our system.

It's axiomatic that our system is capable of getting us to, and winning, the Super Bowl.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Well if so then he should pass it more instead of taking off and running. He averages over 100 rushes per year, some are designed, but most aren't. He could have the equivalent of over 2 games of pass attempts if he didn't run. 100 more attemps gives him more than Aaron Rogers.

bur then he wouldn't be one of the most feared play makers in the game.

I don't think he or anybody else wants that.

OP
OP
Rocket

Rocket

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":j7mwn85m said:
Is Rocket generally unhappy about the run based offense and is projecting his feelings on Wilson?

Is it possible Rocket secretly longs for a pass happy offense so he can enjoy watching Russell Wilson put up gawd awful gaudy numbers and is projecting that desire onto Russell Wilson?

Is it possible to have yet another offseason thread basesd on pure empty speculation without any backing evidence...a "what if" thread...to remind us just how terribly long the off season is?

Is it possible Russell Wilson got to the center of a tootsie roll pop in only two licks?

Uh... is the quoted post in clear violation of the DON'T ATTACK THE POSTER rule? I try real hard not to go gonzo, the previous post pees on my efforts.

I posed a question. A hypothetical. I'm good with the game, the explanation was reasonable, no one expected BB and Butler doin' what they did. Poo happens.

What's wrong with a hypothetical? Does the previous post have a little winkie? :shock:
( I guess not, cuz posts got no winkie)

OP
OP
Rocket

Rocket

Reaction score
Again... I was askin' about the dudes head... inside. No, I don't believe there is a danger in asking a "what if", hell we're just a bunch of fans.

Again... "Is it possible that Russell Carrington Wilson genuinely longs for a pass-happy offense so he can put up gawd-awful gaudy massive passing numbers??"

In retrospect, perhaps I should have said viable, or probable and not possible. I still wonder. Don't worry, I didn't call the man and wisper like a little devil in his head. We're all gonna be ok, all I did was ponder.

Sac

Reaction score
Rocket":xd0jltlt said:
SalishHawkFan":xd0jltlt said:
Is Rocket generally unhappy about the run based offense and is projecting his feelings on Wilson?

Is it possible Rocket secretly longs for a pass happy offense so he can enjoy watching Russell Wilson put up gawd awful gaudy numbers and is projecting that desire onto Russell Wilson?

Is it possible to have yet another offseason thread basesd on pure empty speculation without any backing evidence...a "what if" thread...to remind us just how terribly long the off season is?

Uh... is the quoted post in clear violation of the DON'T ATTACK THE POSTER rule? I try real hard not to go gonzo, the previous post pees on my efforts.

I posed a question. A hypothetical. I'm good with the game, the explanation was reasonable, no one expected BB and Butler doin' what they did. Poo happens.

What's wrong with a hypothetical? Does the previous post have a little winkie? :shock:

I read this, chuckled twice, and while I did find sarcasm I did not see an attack, personal or otherwise.

That's about as smarmy as is allowable on the main board though, as well as off topic. Keep it on topic, kids.

As to the OP,

Of course Russ wants to throw for 4500 yards, 50TDs and rush for a thousand and another 5-6 TDs. It's every QB's dream. But I'm equally sure he understands the offensive philosophy and what it provides. Russ is smart enough to know the difference I'm sure.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Rocket":1oggg3po said:
SalishHawkFan":1oggg3po said:

I didn't think it needed a winkie. I thought SalishHawkFan's post was amusing and on target with or without it.
Granted, it wasn't directed me, but I didn't see it as an attack on the OP. Why not laugh a little at our own foibles? SalishHawkFan, so even if Rocket was to admit guilt to all your thinly veiled allegations, can you take a crack at the questions he posed? You're right, it is a hella long offseason, and guessing what's on Russell Wilson's mind is as good a sport as any to occupy the time. So how about it, take a shot? How long 'til the first preseason game?

Personally, I think #NoTimeToSleep took on a whole new meaning, and Russell Wilson is not thinking at all about any of this stuff, he is thinking about how he is going to recover from the intense physical demands of trying to take care of Ciara's incessant physical affection needs 24/7. I'm sure he can't wait for training camp to start so the physical workload in his life gets reduced and he can finally get some rest.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I think the more important question is whether Wilson enjoys playing in the state of Washington because he can introduce himself with alliteration. And before you dismiss that as an idle off-season rumor, ask yourself this. Where did he go to college? WISCONSIN.

two dog

Reaction score
I think Russell wants to play in a WIN-heavy offense.

I believe he is capable of running a pass heavy offense. Perhaps when Pete
retires and Russell is coaching the team the offensive emphasis will change.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
kearly":1j984mhi said:
I think it is pretty simple. Russell Wilson doesn't care about stats. He cares about winning games and winning championships.

He also wants to get paid handsomely for those wins and championships.
I'll have to disagree with you on some level, I think the most important thing to Wilson is respect. He has always had a chip on his shoulder, because people have always doubted him to some extent. Just one look at his twitter can tell you that. He always talks about doubters, and proving people wrong -- though it is in a more cryptic way. That is his main driving force in my opinion, that is the impression I get when I listen to him talk.

Winning certainly plays a huge part in that, but I think in Wilson's case statistics do as well. Wilson has been a winner ever since he has come into the league, but now the major gripe everyone has are his statistics. I'm sure Wilson has noticed this push back from the media, fans of other NFL teams, and lately even some Seahawk fans are questioning his abilities to some extent (though they are in the minority). Everything that Wilson has ever done in this league has been overshadowed by the juggernaut that is the Seattle Seahawks.

We are defined by the media, and NFL fans as a team known for their defense, and eccentric running back. Wilson is just seen as another cog in the Seattle Seahawks wheel. I think what Wilson wants the most at this moment is to change that national perception. To some degree many of the things people said about him on draft day are still being repeated to this day. Whenever Wilson is asked those questions he had a pissed off look on his face.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's hilarious how many media types just flat out can't accept how good he is. Let alone the fact that they love to ASSUME that he "can't pass from the pocket" or "can't put up big numbers" or they act like he only wins because of Lynch and a great D. :roll:
Just keep winning Russ, like you always have. It's the only stat that matters.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Rocket":16wkbsfc said:
Again... I was askin' about the dudes head... inside.

Quick question, Rick...

Do you genuinely think anyone here actually knows what's in Wilson's head? Really?

I wonder why all of the hypotheticals here recently seem to be along the lines of "Is so and so unhappy with the team?" or "Does so and so hate Seattle?"

It's like this fanbase can't stand success, sometimes.

AVL

Reaction score
I think he's good with this. He never had great success until he went to Wisconsin and teamed up with Montee Ball, who scored most of his collegiate touchdowns the year he played with Wilson. That's probably not a coincidence.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Anthony, nearly every team over the last 15 years, by your definition, is a pass first team due to them throwing over 50% of the time (even 51%, by your definition). Your exercise in showing past superbowl winners is one in futility. If 95% of the NFL throws more than 50%, the likelyhood that a "pass first" offense is going to win the superbowl is obviously very high. Try looking up some statistics on how much teams win and lose when they truly do have to throw more than they want to, such as upwards of 55-56% and especiallly when it gets to the 60th percentile.

We are literally one of the only teams that run more than we pass and we've been to the last 2 superbowls.

At any rate, I stand by the statement that even the teams that have the big QBs don't win superbowls until they have some semblance of balance. And they certainly don't win it without at least a middle of the pack defense that at least gets hot at the right time of the year (Giants, Ravens, etc).

Anthony!

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3mfgkpu6 said:
Anthony, nearly every team over the last 15 years, by your definition, is a pass first team due to them throwing over 50% of the time (even 51%, by your definition). Your exercise in showing past superbowl winners is one in futility. If 95% of the NFL throws more than 50%, the likelyhood that a "pass first" offense is going to win the superbowl is obviously very high. Try looking up some statistics on how much teams win and lose when they truly do have to throw more than they want to, such as upwards of 55-56% and especiallly when it gets to the 60th percentile.

We are literally one of the only teams that run more than we pass and we've been to the last 2 superbowls.

At any rate, I stand by the statement that even the teams that have the big QBs don't win superbowls until they have some semblance of balance. And they certainly don't win it without at least a middle of the pack defense that at least gets hot at the right time of the year (Giants, Ravens, etc).

I said 100 more times than they run dude that will end up being way more than 1% more. The statement made by the original post that starter this was teams do not win SB that pass more than they run or are pass heavy teams. I said 1000 more pass attempts than runs and then showed were you can win with a more pass heavy team. As to the Qbs do not win SB until they have balance again the evidence says that is not totally true. Getting back to the point someone said you can win an SB with a great defense and run game and only an okay QB. In the last 20 years it as happened twice. Sop yes you can but it is not as likely as wining it with a great QB is. You can even win with an avg Defense as long as you have a great QB, you can win with an avg run game as long as you have a great QB. Both instances happen allot more than winning it with an avg QB. That is the point. You can even have an avg run game and defense and win an SB as long as you have a great QB. That is the whole point of this.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Whatever point you think you're trying to make for whatever the holy hell reason is moot.

Code:
Pass	Run	W-L
28	37	W
25	13	L
35	37	W
24	36	W
28	18	L
36	29	L
32	26	W
35	38	W
17	45	W
32	37	L
22	29	W
22	34	W
37	46	W
24	32	W
32	34	W
25	34	W

When the Seahawks run more than they pass they win. When the Hawks are forced to go pass heavy they lose. There are two exceptions to this last year. The year before is extremely similar. Unless you're trying to make a trade for one of those quarterbacks you keep talking about because you want to be trendy or be more excited by some high flying offense or whatever reason....it doesn't apply here. You keep going down this route your arguments will bury RW more than take shovel load off of him.

Anthony!

Reaction score
vin.couve12":jjhiogu7 said:
Whatever point you think you're trying to make for whatever the holy hell reason is moot.

Code:
Pass	Run	W-L
28	37	W
25	13	L
35	37	W
24	36	W
28	18	L
36	29	L
32	26	W
35	38	W
17	45	W
32	37	L
22	29	W
22	34	W
37	46	W
24	32	W
32	34	W
25	34	W

When the Seahawks run more than they pass they win. When the Hawks are forced to go pass heavy they lose. There are two exceptions to this last year. The year before is extremely similar. Unless you're trying to make a trade for one of those quarterbacks you keep talking about because you want to be trendy or be more excited by some high flying offense or whatever reason....it doesn't apply here. You keep going down this route your arguments will bury RW more than take shovel load off of him.

That great but that is us, we do not have the weapons to have a heavy passing attack, if we did we would. Also in our offense if we are passing more it is because we are down not by design. Also those rushing numbers are skewed by Wilson himself. The point was, that someone said a team that passes more than they run does not win the SB often and there for you do not need a great Qb, that is incorrect as I have shown.

kearly

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3vx2mref said:
I'll have to disagree with you on some level, I think the most important thing to Wilson is respect. He has always had a chip on his shoulder, because people have always doubted him to some extent. Just one look at his twitter can tell you that. He always talks about doubters, and proving people wrong -- though it is in a more cryptic way. That is his main driving force in my opinion, that is the impression I get when I listen to him talk.

Winning certainly plays a huge part in that, but I think in Wilson's case statistics do as well. Wilson has been a winner ever since he has come into the league, but now the major gripe everyone has are his statistics. I'm sure Wilson has noticed this push back from the media, fans of other NFL teams, and lately even some Seahawk fans are questioning his abilities to some extent (though they are in the minority). Everything that Wilson has ever done in this league has been overshadowed by the juggernaut that is the Seattle Seahawks.

We are defined by the media, and NFL fans as a team known for their defense, and eccentric running back. Wilson is just seen as another cog in the Seattle Seahawks wheel. I think what Wilson wants the most at this moment is to change that national perception. To some degree many of the things people said about him on draft day are still being repeated to this day. Whenever Wilson is asked those questions he had a pissed off look on his face.

I agree, respect matters to Wilson.

Early in Joe Montana's career, he had detractors too. He was a 3rd round pick and was perceived as a system QB. But he just kept winning, and by the time he retired, everyone was calling him GOAT.

Wilson has said many times that his NFL idol is Joe Montana. I think WIlson views winning multiple championships as his preferred method of gaining respect.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":y3ldvh4w said:
That great but that is us, we do not have the weapons to have a heavy passing attack, if we did we would. Also in our offense if we are passing more it is because we are down not by design. Also those rushing numbers are skewed by Wilson himself. The point was, that someone said a team that passes more than they run does not win the SB often and there for you do not need a great Qb, that is incorrect as I have shown.

Incorrect, and laughably ignorant post about the Hawks' offensive philosophy.

We would have a "heavy" (I assume you mean more passing than running) pass offense if we had a different coach and maybe if our RB situation wasn't strong.

PC runs the ball, and seeks for balance. He's said it many times. He will NEVER have a "heavy" passing attack, no matter which QB he has.

OP
OP
Rocket

Rocket

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3noydiz3 said:
Rocket":3noydiz3 said:
Again... I was askin' about the dudes head... inside.

Quick question, Rick...

Do you genuinely think anyone here actually knows what's in Wilson's head? Really?
Nope. I was ponderin' it, tho, and thought I'd toss it up and see what others think.
I didn't know there were so many skeet shooters with itchy fingers. :shock:
Respect can come in many ways. Money, stats, titles. Not sure which order they ought to be in.