Is Tim Kawakami the definitive football sage?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Popeye, I am shocked at your claims... who doesn't like a good Nickleback elevator remix?

rideaducati

Reaction score
I'm beginning to think Kawakami's headlines are what these guys don't like. I just don't see where changing an opinion as things progress is so horrible. Most niner fans were expecting the niners defense to keep them in games and to be good enough to win some this season too. After the play we have seen from the niners this season, it makes all the poor decisions, that were thought at the time to be good decisions, really stand out.

Kawakami doesn't have many good things to report on now for the niners, so he has gone back to see how things got to where they are now. He happened to be just as wrong as most niner fans, but unlike most niner fans, he wasn't ignorant of there actually being tension in the front office. Every niner fan that was posting here ignored and/or poo poo'd the idea of tension up top until AFTER the implosion. Even then you guys thought your team would be fine because of Baalke's picks...so did Kawakami.

Now that Baalke's picks have proven themselves to be below average, most niner "reporters" are ignoring the past and just writing about now and the future. They are letting their past incorrect articles lie while Kawakami has gone back to show where he and most niner fans were wrong. That takes more balls than just leaving the past in the past.

Kawasaki has changed his opinion after more information came out, but he had the balls to share his opinion before things happened too. The niner fans that don't like Kawakami seem to be the people that don't have the balls to predict how they actually think things are going to play out and just wait to see what happens so they aren't ever wrong.

"The niners will suck" receives a lot more clicks than an headline of "I won't be surprised if the niners go 4-12 or 12-4". Which article will more people read? After all, Kawakami gets paid to get people to read his articles and he doesn't have the restraints that those being paid by the team have forced upon them. He can write without fear of losing his job because the niner organization gets mad at people knowing the truth.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":1hh6d30e said:
I'm beginning to think Kawakami's headlines are what these guys don't like. I just don't see where changing an opinion as things progress is so horrible. Most niner fans were expecting the niners defense to keep them in games and to be good enough to win some this season too. After the play we have seen from the niners this season, it makes all the poor decisions, that were thought at the time to be good decisions, really stand out.

Kawakami doesn't have many good things to report on now for the niners, so he has gone back to see how things got to where they are now. He happened to be just as wrong as most niner fans, but unlike most niner fans, he wasn't ignorant of there actually being tension in the front office. Every niner fan that was posting here ignored and/or poo poo'd the idea of tension up top until AFTER the implosion. Even then you guys thought your team would be fine because of Baalke's picks...so did Kawakami.

Now that Baalke's picks have proven themselves to be below average, most niner "reporters" are ignoring the past and just writing about now and the future. They are letting their past incorrect articles lie while Kawakami has gone back to show where he and most niner fans were wrong. That takes more balls than just leaving the past in the past.

Kawasaki has changed his opinion after more information came out, but he had the balls to share his opinion before things happened too. The niner fans that don't like Kawakami seem to be the people that don't have the balls to predict how they actually think things are going to play out and just wait to see what happens so they aren't ever wrong.

"The niners will suck" receives a lot more clicks than an headline of "I won't be surprised if the niners go 4-12 or 12-4". Which article will more people read? After all, Kawakami gets paid to get people to read his articles and he doesn't have the restraints that those being paid by the team have forced upon them. He can write without fear of losing his job because the niner organization gets mad at people knowing the truth.

Changing his opinion isn't the problem.

The problem is peeps putting him up on a pedestal because he "predicted everything". That's simply inaccurate.

The PROBLEM with he and the Cohns is that their entire MO is that of a shock jock. Kawakami once said on the air that he was didn't want to praise the 49ers because he would lose readers. On-air interviewers started laughing and called him on it and he said he misspoke. No he didn't. He said exactly what he meant and made the mistake of exposing his true MO.

Kawakami tho is in reality a minor annoyance. I don't like or respect him professionally, but the guys I TRULY hate are the Cohns.

Lowell Cohn tried to destroy the career of Radio Talk Show host Damon Bruce. Bruce HATES everything Niners right now (last years started calling them the 39ers), including the stadium, but hates Lowell Cohn even more. He does a hilarious impression of Lowell on the air.

Funny part? Every Niner segment is him going off on the stadium being in Santa Clara, hating Jed York, mocking Jim Tomsula, etc, etc, YET I STILL LISTEN.

Why? Because its what he truly believes and he's not doing it to get more listeners. I appreciate his honestly even when I disagree with him.

The last part of your post is funny. Matt Maiocco writes for CSN Bay Area. Matt Barrows writes for the Sacramento Bee. Nether is glowing in their reporting and present only facts, not opinions.

Why are they CONSTANTLY attacked here as people who are "paid by the team"? If you were talking Ted Robinson or Tim Ryan, I could see it, but those other guys are beat writers who are NOT employed by the team.

They are also not Trent Dilfer who EVEN NINER FANS can't stand because he is so obviously a homer.

Finally, If I really didn't like Kawakami and the Cohns because I couldn't handle the "truth", why in the hell would I frequent this site?

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":2w4r16vo said:
rideaducati":2w4r16vo said:

The problem is peeps putting him up on a pedestal because he "predicted everything". That's simply inaccurate.

The PROBLEM with he and the Cohns is that their entire MO is that of a shock jock. Kawakami once said on the air that he was didn't want to praise the 49ers because he would lose readers. On-air interviewers started laughing and called him on it and he said he misspoke. No he didn't. He said exactly what he meant and made the mistake of exposing his true MO.

Kawakami tho is in reality a minor annoyance. I don't like or respect him professionally, but the guys I TRULY hate are the Cohns.

Lowell Cohn tried to destroy the career of Radio Talk Show host Damon Bruce. Bruce HATES everything Niners right now (last years started calling them the 39ers), including the stadium, but hates Lowell Cohn even more. He does a hilarious impression of Lowell on the air.

Funny part? Every Niner segment is him going off on the stadium being in Santa Clara, hating Jed York, mocking Jim Tomsula, etc, etc, YET I STILL LISTEN.

Why? Because its what he truly believes and he's not doing it to get more listeners. I appreciate his honestly even when I disagree with him.

The last part of your post is funny. Matt Maiocco writes for CSN Bay Area. Matt Barrows writes for the Sacramento Bee. Nether is glowing in their reporting and present only facts, not opinions.

Why are they CONSTANTLY attacked here as people who are "paid by the team"? If you were talking Ted Robinson or Tim Ryan, I could see it, but those other guys are beat writers who are NOT employed by the team.

They are also not Trent Dilfer who EVEN NINER FANS can't stand because he is so obviously a homer.

Finally, If I really didn't like Kawakami and the Cohns because I couldn't handle the "truth", why in the hell would I frequent this site?

Maybe you're a racist and an anti Semite and just can't admit it. :stirthepot:

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":26t71mlk said:
Marvin49":26t71mlk said:
rideaducati":26t71mlk said:

Maybe you're a racist and an anti Semite and just can't admit it. :stirthepot:

Um....huh?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":lqhirlon said:
He's on my approved writers list, I know that.

Fans seldom want to hear doubters and nay-sayers when it comes to their favorite team, so I can't really blame whiner fans for hating him, but yes, he saw through the homerism and basically called every single thing that was about to happen with that franchise.
So did we. Are we on the approved writers list now too?