The 49ers’ Ray McDonald hypocrisy - Kawakami 12/17/14

Largent80

Reaction score
Marvin49":jd5q5m3b said:
drdiags":jd5q5m3b said:
But what about those that have you on ignore L80 ... j/k

I'll show myself out.

Hey, there's an idea. :D

Not me Doc, but I would be honored to be on it. While I do my part to make appologists rival teams fans as uncomfortable as I can, I don't cross too many lines. Been here too long to do that.

However, in all my years here, this group is without a doubt the most pathetic, and their misery is well earned and they always come back for more, Just like the stereotypical battered spouse.

chris98251

Reaction score
Largent80":abyx4qba said:
Marvin49":abyx4qba said:
drdiags":abyx4qba said:
But what about those that have you on ignore L80 ... j/k

I'll show myself out.

Hey, there's an idea. :D

Not me Doc, but I would be honored to be on it. While I do my part to make appologists rival teams fans as uncomfortable as I can, I don't cross too many lines. Been here too long to do that.
However, in all my years here, this group is without a doubt the most pathetic, and their misery is well earned and they always come back for more, Just like the stereotypical battered spouse.

Somewhere Jerry Glanville is laughing :)

endzorn

Reaction score
Kawakami is the Les Carpenter to 49ers football.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1zpkb1xt said:
Popeyejones":1zpkb1xt said:
rideaducati":1zpkb1xt said:
nepahawk":1zpkb1xt said:
Of course, they did release him, after they were eliminated from the playoffs.
I wonder how fast they release him, if they were still in contention?

We all know that answer.

:lol:

This would be like me imagining a moral high ground for myself by saying that If Harvin had contributed more to the offense the Hawks would have been more tolerant of him beating up his teammates and being a general locker room cancer, of which they were tolerant for probably too long.

To that, most here would collectiely say "well, no crap, dumb@$$", and they would be absolutely correct. ;)

Just my meta 2 cents. :D

Talented players getting extra rope is everywhere. But GMs touting due process just makes this funny, at Niner expense, of course.

Oh yeah, I get that, if only in a point scoring kind of way. (as in scoring imaginary points on a messageboard, which is a game we're all playing of course).

FWIW my honest take on everything that went into the decision:

1) Out of the playoffs, doesn't matter anymore. (Can't deny this, it's part of it, just as it's always part of it).

2) Negative publicity from one player added up, and just wasn't feasible anymore.

3) He's a good player but a non-essential player

4) Two weeks ago Baalke talked to the entire team aboout not even putting themselves in situations where things could me misconstrued, and McDonald has done that twice in the past two weeks.

5) Baalke had multiple private conversations w/ McDonald about the standard, and the negative press being bad enough (i.e. stay out of situations).

6) The second occurence of not only Ray getting in trouble but, him being part of the story when someone else got in trouble (Aldon the first time, Brandon Lloyd this time).

7) Cutting him serves a symbolic "moving on"/"cleaning house" function for the upcoming transition away from Harbaugh.

8 ) A domestic battery charge with a ton of witnesses and a police officer there affords the team more insight into what actually happened (allowing them to take a due process stance while the media is calling for their heads), whereas a private she maybe said/he said isn't nearly as cut and dry, meaning you don't already know the outcome when taking a "due process" stance. (Put another way, if the 9ers didn't already know that what everyone was assuming wasn't actually true, I doubt they'd have even taken a "due process" stance in the first place, and taken all the lumps for that stance before the police released their report).

FWIW I think 2-5 are the most important factors, but you can't discount any of these.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1l996v9w said:
Scottemojo":1l996v9w said:
Popeyejones":1l996v9w said:
rideaducati":1l996v9w said:
We all know that answer.

:lol:

This would be like me imagining a moral high ground for myself by saying that If Harvin had contributed more to the offense the Hawks would have been more tolerant of him beating up his teammates and being a general locker room cancer, of which they were tolerant for probably too long.

To that, most here would collectiely say "well, no crap, dumb@$$", and they would be absolutely correct. ;)

Just my meta 2 cents. :D

Talented players getting extra rope is everywhere. But GMs touting due process just makes this funny, at Niner expense, of course.

Oh yeah, I get that, if only in a point scoring kind of way. (as in scoring imaginary points on a messageboard, which is a game we're all playing of course).

FWIW my honest take on everything that went into the decision:

1) Out of the playoffs, doesn't matter anymore. (Can't deny this, it's part of it, just as it's always part of it).

2) Negative publicity from one player added up, and just wasn't feasible anymore.

3) He's a good player but a non-essential player

4) Two weeks ago Baalke talked to the entire team aboout not even putting themselves in situations where things could me misconstrued, and McDonald has done that twice in the past two weeks.

5) Baalke had multiple private conversations w/ McDonald about the standard, and the negative press being bad enough (i.e. stay out of situations).

6) The second occurence of not only Ray getting in trouble but, him being part of the story when someone else got in trouble (Aldon the first time, Brandon Lloyd this time).

7) Cutting him serves a symbolic "moving on"/"cleaning house" function for the upcoming transition away from Harbaugh.

8 ) A domestic battery charge with a ton of witnesses and a police officer there affords the team more insight into what actually happened (allowing them to take a due process stance while the media is calling for their heads), whereas a private she maybe said/he said isn't nearly as cut and dry, meaning you don't already know the outcome when taking a "due process" stance. (Put another way, if the 9ers didn't already know that what everyone was assuming wasn't actually true, I doubt they'd have even taken a "due process" stance in the first place, and taken all the lumps for that stance before the police released their report).

FWIW I think 2-5 are the most important factors, but you can't discount any of these.

I think it's fair to say "they are out of the playoffs, so now they'll release him".

I would probably see it the same way from the outside looking in.

Probably even some truth to being more likely to make this move now that they're out of contention.

But I think this is more of a situation where they stood by him through that whole ordeal, got a TON of flack for it, spoke with him about staying out of bad situations....

....and then he got popped again. I can only imagine their reaction was just like me..."are you freakin' serious?"

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":1h2khtzg said:
I think it's fair to say "they are out of the playoffs, so now they'll release him".

Probably even some truth to being more likely to make this move now that they're out of contention.

But I think this is more of a situation where they stood by him through that whole ordeal, got a TON of flack for it, spoke with him about staying out of bad situations....

....and then he got popped again. I can only imagine their reaction was just like me..."are you freakin' serious?"

Yeah, it's absolutely fair to say that being out of contention HAD to play a factor. It would be silly to pretend otherwise. It being THE factor though, nah, only in the world of Kawakami and on a Hawks board (where we obviously are :) ). There's a ton of factors.

EDIT -- Regarding "...and then he got popped again", the most interesting part of Baalke's presser to me was his reference to the thing at the club with Brandon Lloyd, which never really made it beyond TMZ into wider circulation due to what soundcs like might have been some misreporting on their part. Sounds like he had messed up twice in two weeks after all the hullabaloo, which makes the decision that much more obvious, IMO.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1perop67 said:
Marvin49":1perop67 said:

Yeah, it's absolutely fair to say that being out of contention HAD to play a factor. It would be silly to pretend otherwise. It being THE factor though, nah, only in the world of Kawakami and on a Hawks board (where we obviously are :) ). There's a ton of factors.

EDIT -- Regarding "...and then he got popped again", the most interesting part of Baalke's presser to me was his reference to the thing at the club with Brandon Lloyd, which never really made it beyond TMZ into wider circulation due to what soundcs like might have been some misreporting on their part. Sounds like he had messed up twice in two weeks after all the hullabaloo, which makes the decision that much more obvious, IMO.

I thought that too, but not so sure anymore.

When I read the transcript it sounded like he was saying there was more to it, but when I watched the video of him speaking it looked much more like he was saying there was nothing to it and they only stepped in.

Dunno tho. Watch what he said instead of reading the transcript and see if you come away with a different take as well.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ Only read the transcript, yeah, so willl check it out. Even assuming that's the case (him saying there wasn't more to it), I assume that even bringing it up suggests that he didn't like Ray being in the news at all for something non-football related? Maybe not. I'll check it out.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":4nh0wdzj said:
^^^ Only read the transcript, yeah, so willl check it out. Even assuming that's the case (him saying there wasn't more to it), I assume that even bringing it up suggests that he didn't like Ray being in the news at all for something non-football related? Maybe not. I'll check it out.

DUnno...looks like he only spoke about it because he was asked. I'd be interested to see if you see it the same way.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Largent80":2yabws0q said:
Jeezus, why don't you two just trade numbers and text each other?

And leave you nobody to yell at? Sheesh man, I'm a jerk, but not that big of a jerk. :th2thumbs:

Largent80

Reaction score
I'm not yelling at anyone. I just see 2 9er fans on a Seahawk message board basically texting each other. I find that to be weird, but so am I ....nevermind. 8)

rideaducati

Reaction score
Largent80":3fhpexqb said:
I'm not yelling at anyone. I just see 2 9er fans on a Seahawk message board basically texting each other. I find that to be weird, but so am I ....nevermind. 8)

Niner fans ARE more fun when they think their team is good...they're wrong, but more fun to mess with.