Jed York is confirmed cheap

rideaducati

Reaction score
kearly":22zbkp6t said:
Can Jed York be fired? If not, you guys are screwed. Guy is in his mid-30s.

I wonder if mommy and daddy would ever take his toy away if it started to lose money.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
rideaducati":1shi22zn said:
For some, me included, it is fun to watch the incredible fall the niners and their organization have taken while remembering ALL the smack talk from their fans who thought they had the best team in the World. I'm sure that if/when the Seahawks drop back, they too will revel in our misery.

We aren't "fans" of the niners, but we are fans of what they have become. This couldn't have happened to a more deserving fan base.

Watching the niners lose comes in a very close second place to watching the Seahawks win. It isn't because they are the Seahawks biggest rival, it is because of their fan base and how obnoxious they have been since Al Gore invented the internet and niner fan found a way to use it.

So, in other words, the difference between someone who follows the 49ers and largely ridicules them and someone who watches GoT and largely ridicules the show is intent. The GoT fan I described earlier would still be a fan of the show because despite her complaints, she still wants to like the show. Seahawks fans who follow the 49ers more than any other non-Seahawks team, however, want to dislike their organization and those associated with it. Fandom would be involvement with a desire to like while anti-fandom would be involvement and a desire to dislike. This was fun, guys. Thank you for responding.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1bybb7h0 said:
Popeyejones":1bybb7h0 said:
^^^ Yep. You're an anti-fan.

Plenty of Hawks anti-fans among the 9ers fanbase too.

Well since fan is short for fanatic being an anti fan would mean you just don't care.

I consider myself a fanatic regarding there demise and failure and for precisely the reasons stated above. The 49er fans that I have delt with are mostly ingnorant troll types. Not all. We have some good ones here but most of the ones I know in real life as well as the ones I read on line.

I kind of feel bad for the good ones because that fan base has been over run by entitled morons.

He means it as being fanatically opposed to something.

rideaducati

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":3ps4ge8t said:
rideaducati":3ps4ge8t said:
For some, me included, it is fun to watch the incredible fall the niners and their organization have taken while remembering ALL the smack talk from their fans who thought they had the best team in the World. I'm sure that if/when the Seahawks drop back, they too will revel in our misery.

We aren't "fans" of the niners, but we are fans of what they have become. This couldn't have happened to a more deserving fan base.

Watching the niners lose comes in a very close second place to watching the Seahawks win. It isn't because they are the Seahawks biggest rival, it is because of their fan base and how obnoxious they have been since Al Gore invented the internet and niner fan found a way to use it.

So, in other words, the difference between someone who follows the 49ers and largely ridicules them and someone who watches GoT and largely ridicules the show is intent. The GoT fan I described earlier would still be a fan of the show because despite her complaints, she still wants to like the show. Seahawks fans who follow the 49ers more than any other non-Seahawks team, however, want to dislike their organization and those associated with it. Fandom would be involvement with a desire to like while anti-fandom would be involvement and a desire to dislike. This was fun, guys. Thank you for responding.

This isn't college football where we need to root for the other teams in our team's division. The Seahawks don't need their strength of schedule high in order to get votes that would send them into the playoffs. It only makes sense that we would dislike teams within the Seahawks division more than other teams.

Personally, I hate the rams and cardinals just as much as I do the niners, but there are only two rams fans to be found and one cardinal fan that only comes out during the season. If they were as boisterous as niner fans have always been, they would garner more attention.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
rideaducati":19c0hsxi said:
It only makes sense that we would dislike teams within the Seahawks division more than other teams.

I disagree. One of the most fascinating parts of football is how players, coaches, and FO members go about addressing the problems they experience with their occupations. We get to watch as GMs attempt the incredible task of attempting to predict the development of people, quantifying specific skills into dollar amounts, rounding out parts of their teams with what's collectively undervalued by the rest of the league, etc. We get to watch as players exhibit certain characteristics, like humility, "I love me some me", and "it's a business", and to see the various outcomes these characteristics are most frequently related with. We can watch Sound FX and clips from training camps, see how players react to various coaching tactics, like Mike Holmgren impersonating a firestorm with Hasselbeck and Kris Richard enthusiastically identifying and correcting a slight error of one of our DBs before the offense has even returned to their huddle. We can compare what we're seeing with what people who scientifically study coaching are saying. (In this case, this example of part of Holmgren's way of coaching is suggested to scare people into immediately performing much more focused and better but also at the expense of long-term development. Players are basically being encouraged to not ever make mistakes and avoid his anger rather than learn and improve from mistakes.)

You say it only makes sense to dislike divisional rivals. I say this dislike is such a small, superfluous part of what football has to offer that we really shouldn't care about it anymore. We're being poor students in an effort to act like loyal soldiers during a time and place where our potential for studiousness continues to be much more needed and appreciated than our assumptions about loyalty.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
I actually liked the rivalry and suspense of a great tough fought game
Now it's just an ass whoopin which is great but not quite as much fun
Harbaugh was a douche but I respected how he coached

irocdave

Reaction score
These type of threads used to bring joy, but now just seem petty. Said this many times, the Hawks were on the wrong end of piss poor ownership for a decade + and it ruined almost 2 decades of ownership excellence from the Nordstrom family.

If PA was in the position he was in financially and experience wise when he bought the Hawks in the late 90's and had bought them in the late 80's from the Nordstrom's the Hawks would have been the Cowboys of the 90's. SF had a great owner in the 80's and early 90's who got it, just like the Hawks do now but the Niners now have a POS low life money hungry, self centered, out of his league owner like our past owner from northern CA, Ken Bearing. Niner fans proclaimed the Hawks had no history, well they did but niner fans are ignorant of other teams and never informed themselves of what caused the dive in to NFL obscurity caused by a fat ass piece of shit from northern California.

It's easier to say this now as history had shown it to be true, Niner fans are saddled with a crappy owner and there is nothing they can do to shed themselves of this situation.

In a Freudian fandom moment it's great to see that the niner fanbase that just assumed it was going to be like dad's team of yore would dominate. This ignorant, self centered, aggressive fan base is now learning it all comes down to the owner and this isn't yesteryear where ED can buy his way out of bad decisions. I read all the bullshit on this site as well as the toiletzone over the last 8 years. Niner fans needed to be knocked back several pegs and that has happened.

I feel bad for long time niner fans, your owner is a POS and your team wont be relevant until something happens with ownership. When your team sucks for a decade because of the ownership situation, will you still bash the Hawks or some other team for "not having a history I remember"? That is the question that is staring niner fans in the face because THAT is what that fanbase has shoved in the Hawks and others faces for the last 15 years.

OP
OP
N

NINEster

Reaction score
rlkats":3durtp51 said:
So I have been gone a bit ( vacation in Cancun). Get back to hear some good football talk and guess who starts a worthless thread no. Other than Ninester thank god I'm home hahahaha

Sorry to have ruined your arrival home sweetie. :mrgreen:

Look, let's cut to the chase here a bit:

1) I don't play the super safe nice "YAY SEAHAWKS!" guy around here, and probably come off as a bit of a 49er homer. I defend the 49ers much like a parent would a son...much more than most I've seen.

After much "defense" of York, benefit of the doubt and what not, I'm now abandoning the bastard. It's not like this is a complete and utter shock, but more of a final straw.

2) Kawakami pulls no punches and writes negative 49er articles that are usually more accurate than not to the dismay of their fans. But the timing of this disastrous dinner and the eventual media war against the 49ers isn't too coincidental. Just because you can spit the truth doesn't mean you always will.

You don't think any of the other 49er beat writers couldn't write what he writes?? Please.

The worst of Kawakami was brought out, no doubt.

3) York's behavior irrespective of Kawakami, Harbaugh, potentially appeasing Seahawk fans on this site, etc....just cannot be tolerated.

EVEN IF KAWAKAMI WAS A COMPLETE POS TO HIM BEFORE, YOU STILL DON'T DO SUCH THINGS.

This has nothing to do with football, just basic human decency.

In a weird way this is more appalling to me than anything else he has done (that I'm aware of in the public eye....lol).

And like Kawakami said in his podcast, when you piece that incident together with a lot of the things that happened with the 49ers since early 2014, it's hard to separate the two.

The thing that kept York "afloat" in many 49er fans' eyes the last few years was this supposed kinship with Debartolo......that he really was Eddie D 2.0.

Couldn't be further from the truth. Especially when it came to money.

OP
OP
N

NINEster

Reaction score
Marvin49":2vpn1ro8 said:
rlkats":2vpn1ro8 said:
So I have been gone a bit ( vacation in Cancun). Get back to hear some good football talk and guess who starts a worthless thread no. Other than Ninester thank god I'm home hahahaha

...and thats why I deleted my response.

I defend you plenty on here and pump you up on the Zone.

You take far too much of a ribbing here. And it doesn't seem like it's in jest either with some of the guys on here.

But go ahead hate me for not playing the .NET-Niner, bloods/crips truce BS game. :thirishdrinkers:

OP
OP
N

NINEster

Reaction score
BTW, if the Niners ever surge past the Seahawks again, or at least on even playing field......let's see how polite Niner fans will be on here.

:mrgreen:

Laloosh

Reaction score
NINEster":3s5js559 said:
BTW, if the Niners ever surge past the Seahawks again, or at least on even playing field......let's see how polite Niner fans will be on here.

BTW, you don't talk to webzone royalty like that.

You going to take that shit, Marv?

rideaducati

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":1rq8efrb said:
rideaducati":1rq8efrb said:
It only makes sense that we would dislike teams within the Seahawks division more than other teams.

I disagree. One of the most fascinating parts of football is how players, coaches, and FO members go about addressing the problems they experience with their occupations. We get to watch as GMs attempt the incredible task of attempting to predict the development of people, quantifying specific skills into dollar amounts, rounding out parts of their teams with what's collectively undervalued by the rest of the league, etc. We get to watch as players exhibit certain characteristics, like humility, "I love me some me", and "it's a business", and to see the various outcomes these characteristics are most frequently related with. We can watch Sound FX and clips from training camps, see how players react to various coaching tactics, like Mike Holmgren impersonating a firestorm with Hasselbeck and Kris Richard enthusiastically identifying and correcting a slight error of one of our DBs before the offense has even returned to their huddle. We can compare what we're seeing with what people who scientifically study coaching are saying. (In this case, this example of part of Holmgren's way of coaching is suggested to scare people into immediately performing much more focused and better but also at the expense of long-term development. Players are basically being encouraged to not ever make mistakes and avoid his anger rather than learn and improve from mistakes.)

You say it only makes sense to dislike divisional rivals. I say this dislike is such a small, superfluous part of what football has to offer that we really shouldn't care about it anymore. We're being poor students in an effort to be loyal soldiers during a time and place where our potential for studiousness is much more needed and appreciated than our assumptions about loyalty.

I dislike division rivals MORE than I dislike other teams...as do most people. Most of us pay attention to what is going on in the NFL and tend to dislike or like teams because of certain players, coaches or owners, but the hatred still CENTERS on division rivals. Go look at any team's message boards and you will find vitriol to and from opposing DIVISION teams that just doesn't exist for teams outside their division.

Loyalty to one team does NOT mean we don't pay attention or enjoy watching the happenings across the NFL. Being loyal to one team doesn't mean we are poor students of the game. I don't get how people can watch the NFL, or ANY sporting event and NOT have a rooting interest. Even when watching two teams I don't even care about play, I pick one that I would prefer to win. I don't hate or like either team, but I always find myself rooting for ONE of them. Watching any sporting event without rooting interest would be boring.

I am not an interested in analyzing games or statistics of every team. I am a FAN of MY team through thick and thin. I enjoy the highs of winning and the agony of defeats. I enjoy hating division rivals and talking smack. I enjoy the retorts from hated rival fans. Without the love and the hate, it would just be a game...like monopoly. Who cares about the intricacies of monopoly? Nobody...UNTIL the player across from you has gotten a hold of Boardwalk and Park Place. Now it's "game on". You didn't really know which player you hated before he got those properties, but now that he has them, you hate that player. It's the same with fandom in every sport.

Marvin49

Reaction score
NINEster":37onx3rk said:
Marvin49":37onx3rk said:
rlkats":37onx3rk said:

...and thats why I deleted my response.

I defend you plenty on here and pump you up on the Zone.

You take far too much of a ribbing here. And it doesn't seem like it's in jest either with some of the guys on here.

But go ahead hate me for not playing the .NET-Niner, bloods/crips truce BS game. :thirishdrinkers:

Who said anything about hate? I just refused to respond to what I think is a pointless topic.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":2zqxbp5p said:
NINEster":2zqxbp5p said:

BTW, you don't talk to webzone royalty like that.

You going to take that shit, Marv?

Meh. I've heard much worse from posters on this very thread. No biggy. :)

kearly

Reaction score
rideaducati":9ym1gtha said:
kearly":9ym1gtha said:

I wonder if mommy and daddy would ever take his toy away if it started to lose money.

When his parents pass on, wouldn't Jed become the defacto owner? If so, I imagine that his position is very secure.

rideaducati

Reaction score
kearly":1n99ygsa said:
rideaducati":1n99ygsa said:
kearly":1n99ygsa said:

When his parents pass on, wouldn't Jed become the defacto owner? If so, I imagine that his position is very secure.

I doubt he would be able to pay inheritance tax on something worth almost two BILLION dollars.