Is there a bigger jack@ss than Cam

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I don't care for Cam's sulking, but he's equally demonstrative on the elated side. It strikes me as an emotive personality, both up and down. I don't think he's a jackass for it, or for his Superman pose.

A question for those who do: What do you think of Aaron Rodgers' patented celebration? Is that douche-y? Or was he a smart businessman when he whored it out to sell insurance? Actually his move sells an ad-campaign-created bogus service wherein an agent looks over your policy not once but TWICE (wow!) to make sure you're getting a good deal on insurance. Psshhhh!

Some products & services should be avoided on principle when their advertising insults the intelligence of a 4-year-old cheese sandwich. Aaron's insurance belt pose is one of those.

pehawk

Reaction score
Stafford bothers me more than most and for no real good reason. So, I empathize with the OP. I guess?

And great, now Vols here. See what you've done? He'll defend Terry Bowden for christs sake. Dude's so Tiger all he eats is frosted flakes and only speaks to his children in his Charles Barkley voice (I'm sure the impression is racist).

volsunghawk

Reaction score
pehawk":2hfobnzo said:
Stafford bothers me more than most and for no real good reason. So, I empathize with the OP. I guess?

And great, now Vols here. See what you've done? He'll defend Terry Bowden for christs sake. Dude's so Tiger all he eats is frosted flakes and only speaks to his children in his Charles Barkley voice (I'm sure the impression is racist).
Charles Barkley is wunnerful. Jus' wunnerful.

Terry Bowden's a twat, though.

CPHawk

Reaction score
It's funny, I bet a lot of the cam supporters in this thread, hate Phillip Rivers for a lot of the same crap cam does.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Kraepperchoke and Dez Bryant come to mind.

Behind the scenes Percy Harvin comes to mind.

Throwdown

Reaction score
CPHawk":1345ih65 said:
It's funny, I bet a lot of the cam supporters in this thread, hate Phillip Rivers for a lot of the same crap cam does.

Nope, I don't hate Rivers at all.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I don't get why people often hate on Cam Newton so much, but it's probably in some part because sports fans are among the worst, biggest haters in life. Many of them seem to watch sports just to point out how terrible the athletes are in comparison to good people like them. That's not pointed at anyone here in this thread, but in general, there's a culture of hating to hate in sports fandom at this point.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
There are about 7 billion people in the world. Surely there's at least one person worse than Cam.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
10898005_10152522100735718_4666867663490297137_n.jpg

Throwdown

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":15gajlzi said:
There are about 7 billion people in the world. Surely there's at least one person worse than Cam.

His name is Aaron Rodgers

knownone

Reaction score
The issue with Cam Newton is his maturity. He's the text book definition of a frontrunner. He's all smiles and showboating when things are going his way. Yet the moment the going gets tough he's got his head down and a towel over his face. Is that what you want from your quarterback? He seems like a good kid and I think it's unfair to judge a guy on his personality, but it' hard to defend Newton sometimes.

Comparing him to Earl is a reach. Earl is not the face of the franchise. Earl shows his emotion but he's consistent, you never see him pouting or down on himself.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
CPHawk":jc92tqm6 said:
I love Philip Rivers

pehawk

Reaction score
knownone":przw95fc said:
The issue with Cam Newton is his maturity. He's the text book definition of a frontrunner. He's all smiles and showboating when things are going his way. Yet the moment the going gets tough he's got his head down and a towel over his face. Is that what you want from your quarterback? He seems like a good kid and I think it's unfair to judge a guy on his personality, but it' hard to defend Newton sometimes.

Comparing him to Earl is a reach. Earl is not the face of the franchise. Earl shows his emotion but he's consistent, you never see him pouting or down on himself.

Frontrunner? Coming back from broken vertebrae to a sub 500 team, with the worst Oline in football is frontrunner behavior?

For real dude, think before you post. You make zero sense. You miss the point worse than Roland.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
pehawk":2jhipx6d said:
knownone":2jhipx6d said:

Frontrunner? Coming back from broken vertebrae to a sub 500 team, with the worst Oline in football is frontrunner behavior?

For real dude, think before you post. You make zero sense. You miss the point worse than Roland.
Didn't look like the worst O-Line in football when Derek Anderson was QB. Cam is just bad, if we play him in CenturyLink he'll meltdown with a lot of turnovers.

pehawk

Reaction score
RunTheBall":3tp0f0tn said:
pehawk":3tp0f0tn said:
knownone":3tp0f0tn said:

Didn't look like the worst O-Line in football when Derek Anderson was QB. Cam is just bad, if we play him in CenturyLink he'll meltdown with a lot of turnovers.

That's not what were talking about, Cuddles.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
pehawk":2bxirvnt said:
Yeah, why cant Cam be more like Marino or Peyton? Why cant Cam throw his teammates under the bus in the media and via sideline tantrums like they do. That's CLASS.

:lol:

My thoughts exactly.

DirtyDave

Reaction score
Im sure Cam does great things for the kids and community in Carolina. And Im sure they love him as much as we love our QB. But he does do some stuff during the game ( only if they are winning) that just puts the huge douche bag tag on him. Other than the huge ego and his little rubs at his opponents he is just a big, talented,entitled, annoying child.

BGHawk

Reaction score
Oh..and his first down celebration..and the all about me attitude...I really hate that guy

knownone

Reaction score
pehawk":34oj48e0 said:
knownone":34oj48e0 said:

You're reaching bud. First and foremost I was referring to his on field demeanor. Cam does not handle adversity in games very well. This isn't some new revelation either, many players have commented on the fact that he can be mentally broken before the game is over, we've seen this first hand against Seattle.

In my opinion, beating the Browns, Buccaneers, Falcons and Saints isn't that impressive. I don't believe any of those teams tested his fickle demeanor and front-runner tendencies. It's also worth noting, Carolina's Oline is ranked 22nd according to PFF. The aforementioned teams defensive rankings 32,31,18 and 12.

It's a bit of an exaggeration to call a transverse process fracture a broken vertebrae. Cam's injury is much less severe than a than a traditional "broken vertebrae" in fact his injury is a pain threshold injury that doesn't affect his movement or cause any nerve issues. He's very fortunate to have made it out relatively unscathed from a serious accident. He had no internal damage and an injury that has an average rehab of 2-6 weeks.

I do believe It's inspiring when someone plays through an injury or overcomes a traumatic event in their life, and i'm proud of Cam for doing just that, but from a football perspective, playing through his injury is no more amazing than Aaron Rodgers playing through his calf injury.

Latest posts