Is there a bigger jack@ss than Cam

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Ah, I missed the mark. The post asked for QBs.

As mentioned above, I'd take Cam over Cutler from a personality standpoint.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Would also take Cam over Kaepernick, over Roethlisberger, over Rex Grossman if he's still in the league...

pehawk

Reaction score
Just to unbunch Veta's panties a bit. I personally found Manning and Marino's throwing of their teammates under the bus higher on the "jackass" scale. As far as his little celebrations, theyre not that far removed (if at all) from Earl's celebrations.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Cam is an emotional player, I like him though, he is a great kid from what I have seen. He is still young kid who is growing up. I like him much better than Colin Kappernick. Maybe he is shy, everyone has their personalities. He is playing with so many injuries, the guy is a baller.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I like Peyton Manning. I remember one incident where he threw his O-Line under the bus after a game and obviously I don't approve of that, but I generally find him more likable than most.

His little brother Eli, he's another one I think to be a jackass. Using his family name to leverage where he would get to go on draft day was pathetic, and it will always be the #1 thing I associate with him.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
This thread in itself is embarrassing. I live in NC and I hear about Cam every day on talk radio and various media here.
Some people have made up their minds about Cam even before he was drafted, based on superficial things.
Cam gives the ball to kids every time he scores a TD. Kids in NC love him.
Because a guy doesn't speak or act like Russell Wilson, he should be considered a douche bag? Give me a break. Not every QB should walk around or speak like Russell Wilson.
Of the 500 CEOs of fortune 500 companies, I doubt all of them act the exact same way.

Leave Cam personality alone. Let's focus on his play on the field.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1jzlavnp said:
I like Peyton Manning. I remember one incident where he threw his O-Line under the bus after a game and obviously I don't approve of that, but I generally find him more likable than most.

What about the time this year he called out the scoreboard operator?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Seanhawk":iobx9egi said:
MidwestHawker":iobx9egi said:

I dunno, didn't really bother me. He was pissed about the scoreboard operator inducing noise while the offense was on the field, if I recall correctly? A little weird to say something to the media about it, but whatever.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2nkcyerc said:
Seanhawk":2nkcyerc said:
MidwestHawker":2nkcyerc said:

I dunno, didn't really bother me. He was pissed about the scoreboard operator inducing noise while the offense was on the field, if I recall correctly? A little weird to say something to the media about it, but whatever.

Yeah, it was the media part. I have no problem with his issue with the scoreboard operator, but he's Peyton Manning. I'm sure he could have found a way to get the message to him internally without telling the world.

pehawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":jfhlpt7b said:
MidwestHawker":jfhlpt7b said:
Seanhawk":jfhlpt7b said:
MidwestHawker":jfhlpt7b said:

Yeah, it was the media part. I have no problem with his issue with the scoreboard operator, but he's Peyton Manning. I'm sure he could have found a way to get the message to him internally without telling the world.

Could you imagine the tantrum if Cam did that?

hawk45

Reaction score
Different folks bothered by different things.

Cam's preening bugs me as well, makes me hate him perhaps out of proportion to his real-world douchebag quotient. Because I hate him and want to see his face rubbed in dogshit for 300 minutes straight only coming up for dung-filled gasps of air. The preening on its own is bothersome enough, but the fact that you see pouting as well pushes me over the top.

This is just on the field antics, though. Some of Golden Tate's mannerisms used to strike me in the same way (well clinically I observed that they would strike me that way if I weren't a Seahawk fan, when he was doing them I didn't give two farts and in fact laughed like a maniacal douche myself).

I wince at Earl's celebrations, in retrospect, but at the time of course I lap those up. Earl's celebrations seem like he's emotionally extreme, Cam's seem like preening, I think that's nuanced enough to differentiate but I'm a Seahawk fan. Besides, Earl usually does it after he's made a bad-ass play (what Earl play isn't) and he's a defensive player. Okay I'm a homer.

Kam does his little Kam-hammer celebration after tackles too however usually there has been a fatality just prior and I can't bring myself to write anything contradictory about Kam even on the internet for fear he'll find me and end me.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
hawk45":3akpynyo said:
Kam does his little Kam-hammer celebration after tackles too however usually there has been a fatality just prior and I can't bring myself to write anything contradictory about Kam even on the internet for fear he'll find me and end me.

Probably a smart move. I only whisper his name, but never five times in front of a mirror. He's Candyman.

Osprey

Reaction score
pehawk":eny8ww68 said:
I know. He acts like this one free safety in the NFCW, who cheers and gets pumped over every tackle. I cant remember who that free safety is, but, he celebrates after anything. So annoying.

Worlds apart...

Earl projects team with every breath, Cam projects Cam.
Simple as that.

pehawk

Reaction score
Osprey":cyz8u3kv said:
pehawk":cyz8u3kv said:
I know. He acts like this one free safety in the NFCW, who cheers and gets pumped over every tackle. I cant remember who that free safety is, but, he celebrates after anything. So annoying.

Worlds apart...

Earl projects team with every breath, Cam projects Cam.
Simple as that.

I'm sure Seahawks opponents disagree.

pehawk

Reaction score
Selfishly rushed back on the field, behind an OLine playing 4 UDFA's after ankle surgery AND breaking two vertebra? He selfishly did that on a squad that was under .500 at the time.

Sure doesn't sound like a selfish dude to me.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I'm indifferent when it comes to Cam. His celebrations just set him up for what kaepernick did to him in the divisional round last year. I don't really like quarterbacks that try to be flashy after a score or a big play but to each their own.