Is there a bigger jack@ss than Cam

mikeak

Reaction score
joeseahawks":s4i0r7mw said:
This thread in itself is embarrassing. I live in NC and I hear about Cam every day on talk radio and various media here.
Some people have made up their minds about Cam even before he was drafted, based on superficial things.
Cam gives the ball to kids every time he scores a TD. Kids in NC love him.
Because a guy doesn't speak or act like Russell Wilson, he should be considered a douche bag? Give me a break. Not every QB should walk around or speak like Russell Wilson.
Of the 500 CEOs of fortune 500 companies, I doubt all of them act the exact same way.

Leave Cam personality alone. Let's focus on his play on the field.

Agree. Superficial things like stealing laptop, being pimped out to colleges and packing his bags and leaving one school in the middle of the night the way the Browns left town to make sure he didn't get suspended. All superficial stuff.

In regards to rules - better than not knowing a game can end in a tie like McNabb and in Lindley's defense he only needed to know who Arizona would play if they won.

drdiags

Reaction score
To me this is the usual de-humanization move folks have done throughout history to feel good about their own cause. I guess folks go off the rail because he is a QB, though I have seen the "name" QBs show off as well. He is someone else QB so they can deal with him being the face of the organization.

I remember the VIck convos we used to have here, got pretty ugly though Vick didn't help getting busted for dog-fighting later down the road. I have seen Johnny Manziel criticism, so at least the board is an across the league hater.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":2tutyqz0 said:
joeseahawks":2tutyqz0 said:
This thread in itself is embarrassing. I live in NC and I hear about Cam every day on talk radio and various media here.
Some people have made up their minds about Cam even before he was drafted, based on superficial things.
Because a guy doesn't speak or act like Russell Wilson, he should be considered a douche bag? Give me a break. Not every QB should walk around or speak like Russell Wilson.
Of the 500 CEOs of fortune 500 companies, I doubt all of them act the exact same way.

Agree. Superficial things like stealing laptop, being pimped out to colleges and packing his bags and leaving one school in the middle of the night the way the Browns left town to make sure he didn't get suspended. All superficial stuff.

In regards to rules - better than not knowing a game can end in a tie like McNabb and in Lindley's defense he only needed to know who Arizona would play if they won.

Except it was the same situation in Lindley's case. They would only play us if Dallas wins.

pehawk

Reaction score
mikeak":235nv5hn said:
joeseahawks":235nv5hn said:

So, you didn't do stupid stuff when you were young?

And who cares if his family pimped him out...its capitalism. Good for his family then, actually. Cam could've broke his neck in college and had never seen a dollar professionally. Why do you care what other people do for their family's financial welfare anyways?

I have a hard time saying a dude that came back early from surgery, car accident, to play behind maybe the worst OLine in football AND on a sub .500 team, is selfish.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
pehawk":16jtrzcz said:
I know. He acts like this one free safety in the NFCW, who cheers and gets pumped over every tackle. I cant remember who that free safety is, but, he celebrates after anything. So annoying.
Earl doesn't call himself a real-life superhero, and he doesn't pout like a bitch when things aren't going his way.

Otherwise, you know, your comparison was spot-on, Pe. Really.

pehawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2vqi61jx said:
pehawk":2vqi61jx said:
I know. He acts like this one free safety in the NFCW, who cheers and gets pumped over every tackle. I cant remember who that free safety is, but, he celebrates after anything. So annoying.
Earl doesn't call himself a real-life superhero, and he doesn't pout like a bitch when things aren't going his way.

Otherwise, you know, your comparison was spot-on, Pe. Really.

You think opponents that aren't familiar with him think that? Id be surprised if they did.

And do you have an opinion on this topic or just seeking some quick and easy attention through arguing?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Pehawk accusing someone else of looking for easy attention.

That's rich. Also, my contribution is germane to this discussion. You made a poor analogy, and I pointed it out. Equating Cam's on-field reactionary habits to Earl's is absurd.

pehawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":dm5vp50e said:
Pehawk accusing someone else of looking for easy attention.

That's rich. Also, my contribution is germane to this discussion. You made a poor analogy, and I pointed it out. Equating Cam's on-field reactionary habits to Earl's is absurd.

People view Richard Sherman the same way. He got the pouting rap after not speaking to the media in SD. He changed his twitter handle to Autopolis Prime, right? Not quite a superhero, but same vibe.

Yes Roland, I seek attention by replying to specifics within threads. I don't deny that.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Cam preens after he makes a big play (and frequently when the play isn't even that big). It just looks douchey and self centered.

Earl celebrates his plays yes, but celebrates excellent plays by his team mates as much or more than he celebrates his own plays.

Glad that Cam is not a Seahawk so I don't have to root for him.

-bsd RPA

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Optimus Prime, but yes. Richard Sherman's also elite, Cam Newton is not. Another point to bring up: Sherman doesn't pout like a bitch.

Keep going, perhaps just list the Seahawks roster and we'll see if we can find a player on our squad that is actually comparable to Cam Newton when it comes to on-field reactions.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1c7f1bi5 said:
Cam preens after he makes a big play (and frequently when the play isn't even that big). It just looks douchey and self centered.

Earl celebrates his plays yes, but celebrates excellent plays by his team mates as much or more than he celebrates his own plays.

-bsd RPA
This

Seanhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":38l3bg1m said:
Optimus Prime, but yes. Richard Sherman's also elite, Cam Newton is not. Another point to bring up: Sherman doesn't pout like a bitch.

Keep going, perhaps just list the Seahawks roster and we'll see if we can find a player on our squad that is actually comparable to Cam Newton when it comes to on-field reactions.

If he got more PT, undoubtedly Christine Michael. Hell, he celebrates when the play is called and he is getting the ball.

pehawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2uzfxo95 said:

Actually, I wasn't making a comparison of players, I'm making comparisons of perceptions. Richard Sherman got ripped as a pouter, on PTI, for not speaking to the media. People that don't know Earl like we do could easily peg him as an over-celebratory, selfish type. Just as they routinely do Sherman.

See, I'm just not as rubeish and succeptable to convetional wisdom as you are, Roland. I understand there's probably more to Cam, based on the misperceptions I see cast upon our very own Seahawks. I see a guy who has played through tremendous pain and adversity for a losing team. I think there's more to him. I don't believe things just because others do.

I know my point was nuanced...hard to follow for the masses.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
pehawk":1m9nlfi8 said:
Yes, I'm incapable of picking up your brilliant nuances that most people just can't comprehend, Pehawk. I apologize for being so damned stupid.

You win.

/exits thread

pehawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":31alevip said:
pehawk":31alevip said:
Yes, I'm incapable of picking up your brilliant nuances that most people just can't comprehend, Pehawk. I apologize for being so damned stupid.

You win.

/exits thread

Of course I do Roland. You didn't understand the point, that's all. Cheer up though...you only look weird due to a technicality this time...better than your usual losses due slowness.

hawk45

Reaction score
Yeah...Cam's pouting is so well documented it is probably a meme by now. Sherman's pout was off the field of play. Not better (I was disappointed in sherm for that deeply with how much he likes to crow). I agree it's about what team you root for but when it comes to on field pouting I think sherm and Earl are poor comparisons. As far as cam being selfish, eh. Don't really know or care. He's just a very punchable face on the field. If we are talking punchability now, for sure Sherman wears the crown for opposing fans.

pehawk

Reaction score
I was just busting Rolands chops. But, I think its a leap to say he's pouty. Pouty dudes don't keep playing in his circumstance this year, they just don't. Most would've shut it down.